Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames
I think choosing Blackwell over Friendship is probably not the message the game devs (or anyone else) had in mind, so Stepping In seems like the correct choice here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Yessssss Max finally told someone about her time powers! Always bugs me when characters keep magic a secret, I know if I could reverse time I would never shut up about it.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Oh my god I love this gaaaaaame

I was somewhat worried that the game would focus entirely on the characters and leave out Max's super loving cool power. Glad Chloe gets her to do a bunch of stupid poo poo when she finds out time travel is real.

A shame she had to go and be a huge jerk at the last second though. Really? Asking your friend to skip taking a call because of you? Answering Kate is the only correct choice here.

KasaiAisu fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 29, 2015

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Panzer Skank posted:

So when you think "jeez, this has such an obvious solution to me, she could just (talk on the phone while they walk) (tell kate to only tell the police and not the principal) (take the picture then go protect kate) and there'd be no problem!", those solutions are obvious to you as an adult with experience viewing the situation from the outside. I feel like we are meant to feel frustration like this the way you look back on dumb poo poo you did yourself as a kid and you're like, gently caress I could have handled that so much better, it's obvious now! But it wasn't obvious when you were a dumb kid like Max.

How great would it be though if we got a New Game + where Max gets sunglasses and just speedruns life, doing everything the best way possible

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Oh wow that escalated quickly. Max really needs some trigger word for Chloe so she knows when they need to act quickly. Time powers aren't helpful if you ignore them, Chloe!

This isn't even close for me. Don't shoot. Despite Max really wanting to fit in with Chloe (and Rachel), she's still way too reserved to shoot someone else, especially this guy. If he actually attacked first, then maybe, but all he did was threaten and I think that's what we should do too.

I'd also really rather not add to the list of enemies that Max has, which is already plenty long enough.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Re-advocating for don't shoot! Nobody but Max knows that the gun won't fire and nobody but Chloe would understand. Don't put this hypothetical blood on her hands!

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Gantolandon posted:

You really know you shouldn't probably be friend with someone when in the span of two days they blackmail a psycho an nearly get shot, steal a loving gun from their stepfather, smokes grass in their own house and promptly get you busted, gets you several nosebleeds and fainting spells, gets pissy because you dared to answer your phone, shots themselves with their own gun, nearly gets you both cut by a drug dealer because of a debt and almost gets run by a loving train because they wanted to chill on the tracks.

I'm looking forward to the One True End only being possible because we saved Chloe's dumb rear end 20 times.

Also hooray David isn't a big jerkwad anymore! Number of antagonists drops (?) by one.

Edit since I'm curious: Has it been possible to get a Bad End so far? like if we didnt water the plant or something

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Interesting. In the first part of this video Mr. Jefferson says that we should "always take the shot", and because we didn't there's no real proof against David. However, if we had actually taken the shot, it's possible Kate wouldn't be alive for the investigation anyway, since she never saw our exchange with Mr. Jefferson.

I think Nathan is the obvious choice for this poll - he's a scumbag anyway and it actually goes pretty well for us. I am interested to see what happens if we get suspended though; that's a pretty big deal from a gameplay perspective. bad end?

Also, I hope we can pause time now. So much more elegant than moving and rewinding. Now we can check texts whenever we want in class!

That reminds me, actually. The text from Chloe said that she wishes we shot whatshisface instead of giving the gun to him. Goddamn it Chloe can you please make up your mind about anything

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

klafbang posted:

It seems obvious that Rachel is somehow related to the tornado. Perhaps causing it? Perhaps warning Chloe about it via Max? I'm guessing she should rewind time as well and that's what caused her to disappear.

Oh man I hadn't considered Rachel being stuck in time but it's my new favourite theory :allears:

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

WHAT HAVE WE DONE

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

I feel like there's a reference I'm not getting.

Life is Strange 1-5 posted:

Yes, that's actually all it is.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

Honestly, considering Mr. Prescott is being an rear end in a top hat and withholding funding because his son had to actually face some goddamn consequences for his awful behaviour, I think the school might actually need that money.

I like this reason for leaving the money alone a lot. Voted to leave the money alone.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

I'm disappointed, Panzer. You didn't want to see the Kiss/Don't Kiss be the biggest landslide this thread has ever seen?

I like how new Max acts. Chloe was definitely right; the person who's changed most so far is Max, and we've been playing it safe!

I'm also glad that we took the money now, even though I voted against it, I think we made the right choice. I'm not sure what's going to happen since this is happening while the Prescotts are cutting funding, but it looks like Chloe really needed this and the night would've been so much more depressing if we'd left the money.

Also, uhh, Pancakes I guess? They're closer to the Belgian waffle, which is still the best.

KasaiAisu fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 16, 2016

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Well the last time Chloe did something dumb with the gun we were able to rewind and fix it, so Chloe having the gun could be neato.

On the other hand, we took the money in the principal's office to pay back Frank, stealing his gun doesn't seem like a great way to get him off our back.

Hmm, tough call. I wonder what kind of situation Chloe having a gun would actually be beneficial. Seems more likely she gets caught having it, or shoots something too hastily. So, I think we should leave the gun where it is.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

Still no mention of Kate anywhere in this timeline. This does not bode well.

Oh christ if alt-max was the one pressuring alt-kate into suicide I don't know if I can handle it.

Also what the hell game! I was so happy when Max told Chloe about her time travel powers! It's exactly what a normal person would do! Then LiS just rips the rug out from under me, Max is keeping time travel a secret from alt-Chloe for no adequately explained reason! I think I'm too upset about this.

Also I like the whole "all your choices matter, except when they don't because you travel back in time about 5 minutes after the choice". I had a really tough time deciding whether to give the gun back to Chloe!

tl;dr this game is sweet and I can't stop being excited for the next episode

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

how many people are actually "stable" in this universe anyways

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Holy poo poo Max can be loving savage when she wants to be. That was so jarring compared to the rest of the video.

I wonder what Chloe was doing this whole time? Glad to see she hasn't shot anybody yet, probably.

Warning Victoria is the objectively correct choice here and I'm glad it's winning by a landslide. I thought there was a fifth episode to this game? But it's the end of the world? :iiam:

Panzer, are you going to be doing any more alt-route videos once the LP is over? I do enjoy seeing what Nega-Max does and I've been wondering how the game changes if Kate dies, if Frank/Frank's dog dies, etc. (Though this is probably a ridiculous amount of work I'm still curious because this game/LP is incredible aaaaa)

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Wow, that was a great twist. I had seen the Mr. Jefferson skeptic posts in this thread but I never really bought it, and yet all the clues were there if I had bothered to look for them. Guess I didn't give this game enough credit!

Max is going to have to bust out some hardcore time powers to get out of this one. I can only assume this is as close to a bad end as we get, since it's the end of the world and she's presumably trapped in the dark room.

I actually have no idea how Max is getting out of this. Alt-Rachel crossing dimensions to save the day and bring Chloe back to life? And then everyone lived happily ever after?

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

KasaiAisu posted:

How great would it be though if we got a New Game + where Max gets sunglasses and just speedruns life, doing everything the best way possible

Yessss this sort of happened! In the span of like a minute we called the police, gave Kate support, gave advice(?) to Victoria and shot down Mr. Jefferson. Good job Max you're the best protagonist.

I wonder where the story goes from here? Isn't this a good end?

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Oh man, so my favourite trope in time travel stories is when they go back to the beginning of the story. LiS already did that, but I didn't expect the LiS LP to do it too!

Hopefully we get some explanation as to what the gently caress just happened. Maybe Max just passed out from exhaustion and this is a real nightmare, not some time fueled one? ?eil a si eod ehT

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

I'm dying and this lp killed me

Couldn't there have been a third option for the people who actually did try to save everyone? Like if all the save-able people were saved then you could pile everyone into frank's RV and ride off into the sunset, or just evacuate the town early or something I don't know

I guess the writers were set on having a morally ambiguous ending. I picked Sacrifice Chloe because we were willing to kill her in the previous timeline to prevent the suffering of others. I can respect the alternate option though because gently caress time railroading

Guess Super Max wasn't so super after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

I feel somewhat fooled. I was promised a life that was strange. This life was... weird.

please dontnod I'm a sucker for title drops

• Locked thread