Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

anilEhilated posted:

Please tell me freeing that bird comes back to bite us in the rear end later.

Saving. It was outside and pasted itself on the window.

And Warren did throw a pretty mean hook, so he's not all bad.

And Chloe is a tough one. She saved our butt and Max already dunked on her pretty hard
On the other hand, she parks like an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

anilEhilated posted:

Wasn't she the one who tried to blackmail Nathan way back when? Which Max somehow seems to have forgotten?

Look, how was she meant to know he had a gun that he'd use to murder her?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I just assumed Chloe had bought from him before but now needed cash or something.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

ouch, 3k car repairs. no wonder she needed money from Nathan!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

was gonna vote intervene before I watched. having seen it, it is the right option.

Though drat it Chloe, a gun, really. THIS WILL ONLY END POORLY.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Kaubocks posted:

if intervene wins I'm buying the game during the holiday sale and playing through it on my own to get away from this thread's terrible choices :colbert:
This may force me to PM you every update to tell you about the thread's terrible choices. You will never escape the bad choices of the Goonmind.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Y'all are monsters
Just sayin.

Also, drat it Max. Stick up for yourself even a little.
God drat ex military. At least he's not Mall Ninja. quite.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 9, 2015

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Kaubocks posted:

threads keeping up its hot tradition of making all the wrong choices

I'm gonna play this on my own and not open the window for the bird :colbert:

Kaubocks is the real monster of the thread

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Ugh, this choice. WAY TO BE NON-SUPPORTIVE THERE MAX. Like, couldn't go the whole "we need more evidence cause the cops are going to need a lot of proof to crack down on the Prescott's favourite son. So I'll do some snooping then we'll totally drop the hammer on his rear end.

Also maybe take a photo of that poo poo before you clean it up? Since that's kinda a direct threat.

And if we reminded David that Nathan had a gun, and one of his guns is missing, his paranoia would totally get him on side.

Grumble grumble bloody teens.

Also - Game is on sale on Steam

buy it for Christmas!

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 23, 2015

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Maybe, Mr K Bocks, you're just a terrible teacher.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Max bleeds out her nose after getting serious red around the edges on her casual time-travel. Doesn't associate the two.

drat it Max, can you not walk and talk? This is the most contrived of all choices. YOU COULD JUST ANSWER THE PHONE, WALK OUT THE DINER, AND DO BOTH

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

This is true. and our time travel powers suggest it's just a checking in to let us know that the cops/school are going to look into it.

But then everyone is like "YOU'LL TOTALLY SEE HER IN CLASS. IT'S NOT LIKE SHE'S GONNA DIE OR ANYTHING."

Which of course makes me paranoid that Kate is gonna get super murdered or something because she's making trouble for the rich folks.

It's still frustrating and dumb. Just like teenagers amirite! (I stand by my vote.)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Mr. Highway posted:

Another problem comes with the fact that the game never addresses the fact that people change a lot in five years. Sure, the game notes that some things are different and Chloe has blue hair, but the developmental process during formative years for the two were completely separate. Chloe, for the most part, is another virtual stranger. Even if Chloe and Max were friends five years ago, their lives changed greatly since then.

And Chloe remembers how good things were 5 years ago and wants to get back to that. instead of the hell of disappointment she's in now. So she's trying to get Max to be her bestest one true friend again.

Also Teens are idiots rules apply.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Panzer Skank posted:

We never actually get into Max's Seattle friends, other than the few pictures on the wall in her dorm room. I think it's safe we can assume they weren't even close enough to keep in touch with her after she's moved.

Given that she literally didn't keep in touch with her best friend in the world when she moved to Seattle, I feel this isn't saying much.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It's just like banging a dude with no consequences. Ceot with guns, not genitals.

Prety sure that nothing about Max is Super Sized.

Bottle Collection Simulator 2015: Do you still collect bottles with your bestie?

Way to make a record that your friend stole a gun there, Max.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 4, 2016

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Also, am I the only one that thought "you know, Chloe is enjoying the gun thing. maybe she'd actually get along with her PTSDing step dad if they bonded over that.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Waffleman_ posted:

Life is Strange - Gun Control Debate

Life Is Strange - if we know the gun isn't loaded, is it really that big of a crime?
Even if this technically breaks the whole "Don't point a gun at something you're not going to shoot rule due to lack of bullets.
But so does putting the gun down and getting it stolen.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Can't even get his chemistry right.

Dunk on that nerd hard!

Also, man, getting some humanisation from David this update

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Air is lava! posted:

Yes, but come on! Doing reckless things for the adrenalin can be fun, but this is just risking your life for no gain at all. They just lied down there, because it's slightly more cozy than the ground.
They really should know better. While you are on the junk yard, there are trains passing by every minute.

I probably sound hung up on that, but that part really influenced my opinion of the game.
When I first played this game, the minute they started walking around and later lying on the tracks, all I could think about is that exactly that would happen and it kind of threw me off.
This pretty much cemented that Chloe has no survival skills at all and isn't really a healthy person to hang out with...

But I see why the scene is in the game from a gameplay perspective and the puzzle was actually quite fun.

Chloe would've been fine if she wasn't sitting with her foot IN the points. Literally 5ft down the tracks and there would have been nothing to worry about AT ALL

The real miracle in that scene is that the train doesn't get derailed, since Max is only switching the points back AFTER the train goes by.
And that the train goes over them at like 50 miles an hour in the first place, but w/e, video games.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Joyce already had WORDS with David, As evidenced by his behaviour this morning. you know, before Jefferson tried to blame Kate for everything. We can't expect women to keep doing the emotional labour for everyone if we want to not get wiped out by a tornado on Friday.

If we snooped on Nathan, does that convo go much better when we accuse him? Since we'd have (one assumes) hard evidence of him drugging her.

Still, as deserving of some karma for being a lovely adult, and despite it being the only way David gets any punishment out of not doing his actual job and instead stalking students, getting Nathan suspended is more instantly gratifying.

Nathan Prescott - the worst at sounding like he's shaken up over anything.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I rewound to listen to that conversation in full in my game and I found that basically the best angle on it was to stand just outside of the chemistry classroom's door. Trying to rewind and hear it all also meant that I had to blow Warren up like four times, so that's a plus!

'Had to"'. Of course, time travel means you can blow him up as much as you want to.

Lots of Potassium. Like. A shitload.

If only we could blow up Mr Jefferson, "have you talked to her?" loving. YES. NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT, I HAVE. A FUCKIN LOT. Also spied on her while she was in the room with me.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Warren don't deserve an A+

If only we could change it to a D
For dunkin that nerd.

And obviously Max is getting photos for plausible deniability. I just tresspassed to get some sweet photos.

Also, he's drunk, so he probably just gonna think he spent it all on booze.

Also, drat it Chloe, shut the computer down after you've finished snooping.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 11, 2016

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Air is lava! posted:

But only if he keeps a perfect score.

That A- will crush him.

Which is why it must stand

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Also Max did kinda ditch Chloe when she left town. Then her best friend/girlfriend ALSO vanishes. That'd mess anyone up. Especially a teen.

And what's the alternative? Warren. Ha! That nerd needs a good dunkin.

Query: Whose names would we remove from the guest list if Max wasn't so friendly.

The Otter's Strategy - Victory!

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 15, 2016

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

KasaiAisu posted:

I'm disappointed, Panzer. You didn't want to see the Kiss/Don't Kiss be the biggest landslide this thread has ever seen?

I like how new Max acts. Chloe was definitely right; the person who's changed most so far is Max, and we've been playing it safe!

I'm also glad that we took the money now, even though I voted against it, I think we made the right choice. I'm not sure what's going to happen since this is happening while the Prescotts are cutting funding, but it looks like Chloe really needed this and the night would've been so much more depressing if we'd left the money.

Also, uhh, Pancakes I guess? They're closer to the Belgian waffle, which is still the best.

Insttead she gets a vote that's almost as close as shoot/don't shoot. Which is way more exciting.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Waffleman_ posted:

She wore them after she got out of the pool, presumably not having a lot of time to dry off.

Even with drying, her hair would smell all chlorine-y

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Warren is a lovable dork. He must still be dunked at all opportunities, but maybe smooch him after.

That's Brooke's job tbh.

We are just 100% dunkage.

He got an A- because he forgot basic chemistry and blew himself up.

Or woul've if we hadn't rescued his nerd rear end

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It's a tough tough choice. Man, I have finished watching, read all the comments, and I'm still torn.

Though tempted to side with David just because it's less dire.

THIS IS A TOTALLY TENSE DECISION

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

D_W posted:

Oh man! I can't believe they changed the location of the grocery bag. That's hilarious. The one major thing I've always heard (and thought myself) during this section was "Who would leave their grocery bag at the front door and not immediately away?" so putting it at least in the kitchen is an improvement.

Even if not away (which the cleanliness of the rest of the house doesn't really support), why would you not bring the groceries the extra 20 feet into the kitchen. Where it will all be stored or used anyhow.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Air is lava! posted:

The people have spoken. You can stop the poll now.

Man, remember this nerd!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Oh also he hits Chloe if we don't emerge from hiding.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Feed the dog the Gun. This one seems much more clear cut than some of the other ones.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Hey, we didn't know that ahead of time

The first time, at least.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I really like episodic games as a concept. Lets you show off what a game is about without requiring people to fork over full retail.

And lets you torment your fans with cliffhangers.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Ometeotl posted:

Forget Warren, Max is really the one that needs to get dunked on in this timeline.

Max is the true ubernerd.

Also, there's no year on that text. So it could have been EVEN LONGER. Maxine Caufield, you are the worst friend.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Apparently the town is just fine leaving those whales on the beach tho

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Has the situation not come up, or have we still got our time travelly powers?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

brylcreem posted:

Okay, I just finished the game in one long-rear end sitting, and then I gave it 5 stars on Playstation Store.

I'm looking forward to everyone's reactions.

I hope the final choice is whether or not to Dunk Warren.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

In other news: the TP struggle is real. And backed by SCIENCE.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/08/why-the-poor-pay-more-for-toilet-paper-and-just-about-everything-else/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Yeah. It seems like we should really bring her parents in on this.

I also love that the solution is to turn it up to 11.

• Locked thread