Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Cover it up. Nathan is our best buddy after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Always take the shot! You have to photograph (and mock) her now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Xanderkish posted:

Actually it's because in both games you have to learn a dance routine from a naked ghost and soothe his restful spirit by passing the dance onto a new generation.
Don't forget that you have to stop aliens from abducting cattle with your bow and arrow.
This game is basically an unlicenced remake.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What sort of biased poll is that? It's not really obvious and as far as I know right now, it's the only time that happens, but you're straight up ignoring 2 options.

Don't enter the closet at all! And don't let yourself be accused of anything!

Always stay honest with David. He is the one good person in that town.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 6, 2015

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

So this is something I haven't shown off yet but will probably be in the next video, if an X shows up at the end of your time spiral in the upper left corner, that's an Irrevocable gently caress Up. Time will freeze and everything goes gray and Max usually says something like "Oh poo poo! I need to rewind and fix this!" and your only option is to rewind. We can't stay out when David is entering her room, we've gotta hide to progress the scene.

Usually this is true. But here it is objectively not!
This is slightly spoilery, but here is a video of someone who does that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSD7MG9hBtA

Will you at least show these paths off?

I wasn't joking in my post. And when you didn't react to it I thought you actively ignored me just to avoid having this choice. :(

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 7, 2015

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I don't really know how to handle that best, but it kinda deserves to be shown off. Chloe straight up throws Max under the bus.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

goddamit warren gives his folders the same lovely nomenclature that I did when I was a teen

While I admire your honesty, you aren't painting yourself in a good light here.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

When did you get that gang tag? Never noticed that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I vote to water the plant. And then look at it as it slowly drowns, while its soul seeps into the floor. Then rewind time and do it again. When you saved Chloe, you prevented a death, so you have to sacrifice a more important life to even it out. Otherwise you will anger the blood gods who fuel your powers.
I mean, that's why people buy plants, right?

Maximum causality run!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 20, 2015

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

I really don't want to go all nerdspergrageFLAAARGH here but Bradbury didn't write a single sci-fi story in his life. He's in a wierd place between fantasy, horror and poetry but I can't think of any science anywhere in there.

While there wasn't a lot of science involved, at least Fahrenheit 451s setting is futuristic enough to qualify as sci-fi. Or are you arguing that only realistic stuff counts and ridiuclous unscientific stuff like that or Star Wars is not real sci-fi? Because if that's your opinion I wouldn't know how to argue.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Frank is probably not as bad as Chloe makes him out to be. I mean, he is a drug dealer, but what else do we know about him? Maybe he donates all his earnings to charity.
Shoot him anyway. Max has reached a state beyond humanity. She is past the point of compasion for ordinary people.

For some reason, whenever I play a game such as this, I start of as a nice person who wants the best for everyone, before I become a complete sociopath. That's actually a bit scary.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Who the hell chills out on operative train tracks? And why? That's such a dumb way to die.

Spoiler for those who haven't seen the video yet.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 11, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yes, but come on! Doing reckless things for the adrenalin can be fun, but this is just risking your life for no gain at all. They just lied down there, because it's slightly more cozy than the ground.
They really should know better. While you are on the junk yard, there are trains passing by every minute.

I probably sound hung up on that, but that part really influenced my opinion of the game.
When I first played this game, the minute they started walking around and later lying on the tracks, all I could think about is that exactly that would happen and it kind of threw me off.
This pretty much cemented that Chloe has no survival skills at all and isn't really a healthy person to hang out with...

But I see why the scene is in the game from a gameplay perspective and the puzzle was actually quite fun.

Also Courtney is probably the most shallow person in this game. She did a complete 180, just because you mentioned that you like her clothes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The cool thing about David change of character is that it's not out of nowhere. It's pretty clear what happened:
When he first met Max she was a stranger and they didn't really get along well. Then Chloe introduces her as a stoner friend who just went into the house without notification. (Imagine if Frank would do that instead.) So he is rightfully concerned about his daughter.
But during the course of that evening he gets to talk to Joyce . He probably started complaining about the whole thing and then droppd her name. When Joyce heard that, she probably explained who Max is and why she might be a good influence on Chloe. (All of that is evident by the fact that Joyce knew about the whole thing the next morning.)
When he heard that, David wasn't to proud to reevaluate his oppinion of her.
At the end of the day, like most fathers, he just wants what's best for his child.

Also a note about the statement that marijuana is almost legal. This game is set in Oregon in October 2014. That's pretty much a few days after Oregon voted to legalize it. (it was implemented a few months ago.) Busting somone for that, while it'still illegal would be quite a dick move. But I can s why David wouldn't want to have a joint in the house.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I forgot how much of an rear end in a top hat Jefferson is here.
"Maybe she doth protest to much." What an arrogant, victim blaming piece of poo poo! If it wasn't for Max, that would have been the last person Kate ever talked to. (Well, technically Warren talked at her afterwards, but that wasn't a conversation.)
He is a complete failure as an authority figure and everyone should know that.

Blame Jefferson.

Also, blaming Nathan is way to obvious and uninteresting. Everyone knows what will happen if you do that.
But that poll doesn't even look close. :smith:

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 18, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

thorf posted:

and Mr. Jefferson is at least well-meaning.

How? He purposefully interpreted the events in the most convenient way, so they cause the least amount of work for him:
"No need to intervene there. She probably enjoyed that change of pace, actually. At least she looked like she was having a blast in the video. Sure, she claims to regret her behavoiur, but that's just what you get for living beyond your means. That's probably a good experince for her. Kids will be kids."

If a respected authority figure starts to blame a victim, that's a psychological shock which can really drive someone over the edge. Think about it. Besides maybe her father, and Max Jefferson was the only remaining person she confided in, only to be blown off.

His actions may not be malicious, but well-meaning isn't a word which describes them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

I finally watched the beginning of the video and noticed we only caught the tail end of Jefferson's conversation. Does anyone havea video with a rewind of the whole thing?

I picked Jefferson my first time through (before rewinding and switching to Nathan because I hated the little bastard), but if I remember correctly (I might not be) it was largely based on bits we didn't hear here?

Wow. I just looked it up and now I kinda want Panzer to show that of.
The diaglouge you aparently missed:
Kate: Why? Its all over, like for me.

Mark: Knock off this martyr crap

Kate: What do you want from me?

Mark: I want you too be honest..

Kate: Nobody believes me anyway

Mark: Stop acting so brittle

Kate: Being on a viral video does that

Mark: Maybe this is your way of getting attention

Kate: That's really mean Mr.Jefferson, you just dont get it..

Kate: Just leave me alone!

Mark: You have to talk to me Kate

Kate: Why? It's all over.. like me

I never even saw that whole conversation.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 19, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for that effort Panzer. You are doing a good job and I love this LP.

But I have to admit that I am a litle disapointed by Jeffersons voice delivery there.
:effort:"Knock out this martyr crap."
:geno: "Stop acting so brittle."
The voice director probably knew that most people would not see that and didn't bother to do multiple takes of that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

KasaiAisu posted:

WHAT HAVE WE DONE

We neglected to make a worthy sacrifice for the time gods! :colbert:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

What do you want to say here? Chloe is a muslim?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I read it the opposite way. I think she's fake to Nathan because she's scared of him or using him for popularity or something. She's obviously insecure. Shes got this image and she feels like she has to keep it up.

Yeah pretty much this. Remember howl she was basically crying at the end of last episode until Nathan came in? He was probably completely convinced that it was Kates own fault and assured Victoria that she wasn't to blame. Now she desperately tries to convince herself of that. The only way to do that is to double down on blaming the victim. If she keeps saying this, maybe it will become true in her head. :smith:

It's pretty fair to say that she isn't a stone cold bitch who can simply look past all of this and continue as if nothing happened. But she forces herself to try just that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Max and Waren are now on a NSA-watchlist.
It's a really bad idea to send instructions for building a bomb via text message.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Warren is the kinda guy whose mom told him he'd be all the mean kids' boss one day.

But only if he keeps a perfect score.

That A- will crush him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Eggs are the devils food! The only way to eat them without loosing your soul is to prepare them with the purifying white of milk flour. On the other hand, American pancakes aren't actually good. Better than bacon at least.

Pancakes!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Danaru posted:

If we robbed the disabled to give to a drug dealer who threatened to murder two high schoolers and probably murdered Rachel Amber, I'm going to be so smug about it later :colbert:

Hey now! I only voted to take the money. That does not mean we give it to Frank. We should invest it in a nifty pyramid scheme instead.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
She forgot to bring a towel. Putting on clothes while you are wet does that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The people have spoken. You can stop the poll now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm actually sorta bummed that you erased the call from the police on the answering machine. If you don't do that, David actually covers for Chloe and tells them that she was home the whole evening.

He really does care and wants to protect his family.
To bad the thread will decide not to give him a chance.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, that poll is tense so far.
To be honest I'm okay with both options. One is the one I would personally prefer and the other one is the one I haven't een yet.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I admit, that I may have called the race a bit prematurely.
It's been like this pretty consistently. As The Dark ID recently proved, LP goons are terrible at making decisions. That was an even vote between 3 meaningless names with like 1000 votes each.
To be fair, all of those names were great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

Man, remember this nerd!

At that point the decission was way more clear than it is now. The people agreed uniformly. :colbert:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think the game laid it on a bit thick there.
His last words to Chloe literally where "me and Max will never leave you.".

Also: "She's been dying to see you."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
As the Tales from the Borderlands thread proved I am an irredeemable monster. So whatever! Frame Alternate Max for murder and never look back.

Imagine how all of that would look from her perspective. One evening she's hanging out with her friends, then she zones out and next thing she remembers is sitting next to the fresh corpse of an old friend.

This section made me ridiculously sad. Crushing medical bills are terrible. That poor girl must have regreted surviving the crash quite a few times.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Poor David, he looks so depressed and defeated.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

HenryEx posted:

Holy poo poo DAVID!

He sounds like some kind of gangster boss or oni.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

an extremely expensive tripod

Why is that a thing anyway? How much money can you spend on a tripod? Is that like buying high end digital cables?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Alpha3KV posted:

I think this is the first time there has been an unambiguously good choice to make.
It sure appears that way. But if you think deeper about it there are flaws in both (all three) options.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Let's not jump to conclusions here! Just because there may be some circumstantial evidence against him, we shouldn't start suspecting that poor guy. It's probably just one big misunderstanding and in a few days they'll all laugh about those silly shenanigans.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Surprise Pizza posted:

There is also the phone call (polsy link) Jefferson has towards the end of episode two, which at the very least sounds suspicious, and could be Jefferson trying to calm down a freaking out Nathan, and therefore could be the phone call referred to in the note.

Wiseblood posted:

Nathan is actually with Victoria sitting on Max's desk in the classroom when Jefferson is on that call.
I never really understood what was up with that. It totally sounds like he's calming down Nathan, so who else could he be talking to?
I guess the developers just messed up a bit. What probably happened was that Victoria was occupying that desk on her own or with her friends and then during development someone who didn't really think a lot about it suggested adding Nathan instead.

Or Nathan isn't the only one of Jeffersons minions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
On little thing I like about this whole scene is that Victoria is only there, because she went with Jefferson after you warned her of Nathan.
In other words, warning her feels like it's objectively the right choice, but it gets the worst results.

• Locked thread