Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This LP reminded me that I needed to play this so I bought it and played through all the episodes and it's a really good game and now I can be mad when the thread or Panzer makes the wrong decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I vote for the option where children aren't hit.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kangra posted:

From the end of Chapter 1, it's pretty clear that Donnie Darko was an influence as well, and I'd highly recommend it. Although I do feel The Butterfly Effect gets maligned far more than it should be and is worth a watch. The comparison to Donnie Darko will be more appropriate if things get even stranger, but the storm imagery echoes this shot a bit:

And for those who may not follow the news around there, a very rare tornado hit the region where the game is set just last week.

This game is basically Donnie Darko, Butterfly Effect, Twin Peaks, and TEEN DRAMA.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Frank is a creep shoot the fucker.

Oh poo poo I tied the vote.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Should have gotten the picture and then rewound so that warren's experiment blew up in his face.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I managed to save Kate in my play through but I had to put this game down for a bit afterwards. Having almost done it myself, this scene was way too intense for me. On the other hand, this episode's outro has the best song in the game, so that's a plus.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Panzer Skank posted:

What can I say I just know ur sense of humor so well

Now if only Kaubocks could find a way to launch Chloe half way across the map...

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The lying in bed scene is my favorite scene in this game. It's so relaxed and nostalgic, like just a perfect atmosphere. I had major flashbacks to my high school years from it. Just replace indy folk with black thrash.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Don't loving hit your kids. Always side against David.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

"Hits" implies repetition.

Outside of time looping, it's seems like that David hit Chloe once. Or even not at all, I suppose, depending on the loop.

The reaction from both David and Chloe is very much "I did not expect that to happen." They're both shocked.

I mean, it's horrible, and the fact David's response wasn't something along the lines of "God help me, I'm so sorry" is worse, but doing something like that once in a moment of stress and fear is still a different thing from habitually abusing someone.

Don't hit kids. Period.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

God drat it Max, have you never seen The Butterfly Effect?

e: Wait, did Warren suggest that one?

The ending is copied almost exactly from a scene in The Butterfly Effect, down to being a rich preppy kid and former best friend is disabled. Maybe Max blows off both her hands next episode.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

There were so many times when I played through this game where I almost yelled angrily at my screen about someone not calling the cops.

What's this a mystery story where the heroes don't call the cops!? :monocle:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So am i the only one who doesn't like that Frank is humanized through his really creepy and possibly illegal (I don't remember how old Rachel is supposed to be) relationship with Rachel? It really rubs me the wrong way.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Panzer Skank posted:

Hi friends, it's a day early but still a :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:Today things don't go the way you planned, and there isn't much you can do about it, sometimes.:siren:

The song in this episode is Message to Bears - Mountains [lyrics]

(This isn't the last video for episode 4, by the way. There are still two more to go.)

So many little clues that can't be talked about until later. It's frustrating

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

if you look through David's surveillance data, you kind find out that another liscence plate went to the same coordinates as the barn. in the episode 2 outro montage, we briefly see Jefferson's car and the plate matches up to the other car that went to the barn. there were lots of clues.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

never trust a dude who unironically quotes Lennon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Save Arcadia Bay ending is the bad ending because it tricked me into thinking Foals was a good band.

• Locked thread