Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

trad games trip report: went looking for a chess thread. only found megathreads for dozens of variants of 40k and star wars. I guess the key to getting those posters interested in chess is turning the pieces into overpriced miniatures which they can sperg about painting

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3490241&pagenumber=20#lastpost

observe as singe and handknit mostly just wave their chess dicks around for 40 pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Mental-Rectangle posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3490241&pagenumber=20#lastpost

observe as singe and handknit mostly just wave their chess dicks around for 40 pages

I envision chess dick as being botched circumcision that makes the dilz look like a bishop.

Basch lives!
May 31, 2011
Grimy Drawer
Dinosaur Gum
OP just play Go. you can create and innovate all you want intuition is king, just don't play anyone that is too experienced because you'll never win

Karl L posted:

I find connect 1 extremely difficult.

It's all about who wins the rock/paper/scissors that determines who gets to go first hth

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Connect 4 is vertical therefore another dimension of challenging.

lmao if you are player 1 and you lose at connect 4

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

trad games trip report: went looking for a chess thread. only found megathreads for dozens of variants of 40k and star wars. I guess the key to getting those posters interested in chess is turning the pieces into overpriced miniatures which they can sperg about painting

uhh x wings minatures is a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

mr.capps posted:

I loving hate chess. I don't get it, why does anyone play a game where have to memorize a ton of different openings to get to the part of the game where you are actually allowed to innovate and be creative?

Why would you play Chess when you can play Resistance Avalon? Chess is only for 2 players, but guess what? Resistance Avalon can be played with 10. Also you get to lie in Resistance Avalon. Its way more fun than chess. Chess loving sucks. In Resitance Avalon you can be Merlin, who is a Wizard. Wizards are cool. You get to know the bad guys if you are Merlin, but you have to be careful because the bad guys can assassinate you. Its more way more crazy in depth than chess.

Because like 30 years ago video games weren't a thing op.

Now there are video games where lots of things are possible so boring set move games like chess are bad.

• Locked thread