Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Smelly Bohemian posted:

Which crow voice is the best crow voice. I think the first crow voice.

Trace's Crow was nerdier and more sarcastic and Bill's Crow had a much shorter fuse and was better at yelling.
*flips coin*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Licensing shouldn't take too much of the budget.

In the old days they had a large library to draw from, but the rights to most were still owned by someone and they didn't really anticipate needing those rights to sell MST3K in the home video market.
With all the hoops Shout! Factory has had to jump through for rights acquisition, I think they'll be much smarter about it now and choose titles either in the public domain or whose owners would sell them the rights super cheap before they even do the episode.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Harveygod posted:

So many pauses... It's like they shot the movie with Rifftrax in mind. :tinfoil:

This really is the key to a riffable movie. Most modern films (blockbusters, anyway) have rapidfire dialogue that leaves no room for riffing and the big, noisy CG-fests have action and dialogue that just drown out the jokes.
Terrible older movies give the guys a lot more space to work with, probably because the filmmakers took every opportunity to PAD THE FILM* out to feature length.

*sidehackers lol

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

The Puppet Master posted:

forever and ever amen

"Knew him? He was delicious!" blindsides me every time.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Patton is ideal for the new crew, but why would anyone stick him with a character that's not riffing?
He has the perfect temperament and arcane pop culture knowledge to be a bot.

OTOH, I can totally see him as a relation of TV's Frank.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

:stare:

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Uncle Wemus posted:

Htom Serveaux

H-lick me

Daedra posted:

I will just watch an old episode on Netflix tbqh

lol just absolutely lmao if you don't own all 34 official volumes on DVD + all the Rhino singles

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Breadallelogram posted:

MST3K with celebrities is going to be weird.

What, Leonard Maltin and Minnesota Vikings running back Robert Smith don't count?

Also, Dana Gould would have been a perfect Crow.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Item 1 on the agenda: FIRE YOUR ENTIRE MOTHERFUCKING AUDIO CREW

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
MJP seems not to understand the whole 'reboot' concept
either that or she does and is making a comedy joke

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
massive surge there at the end to get the 14th episode
dana gould and patton have raised my inital low expectations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Uncle Wemus posted:

in touch of satan why does melissa need jodie to free herself of the curse if all she really needed to do was kill her sister also who the hell are her "parents" supposed to be?

if she did that there would be no story and we'd never find out about walnut farming or where the fish lives

• Locked thread