Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Rant: Look, the reason why so many people are getting angry about Starbucks coffee cups not having Christmas decorations on them is because Starbucks is trying to create a more secular business. They are slowly but surely trying to take Christmas out of everything that they do, and other businesses will soon follow suit. Now I know right now this doesn't seem like a big deal but trust me they're taking one step at a time and pretty soon, it will even be illegal to say Merry Christmas to someone on the street because it's not "multi-cultural". Who gives a crap if it isn't multi-cultural, (hard headed liberals close your ears) BECAUSE THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED UPON CHRISTIANITY! "Oh my God he just said the two C words in the same sentence!" Stop trying to take a tradition away from people who have celebrated it all their lives. Also, for those of you who just say "who cares about Starbucks not having their decorations on their cups" you're part of the problem. ‪#‎merrychristmasstarbucks‬ ‪#‎keepthechristinchristmas‬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Have you tried Starbucks? There's a reason it got ran out of Australia. Holy poo poo.

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

I spent money on an image and a few lines of text.
I don't get this huge love for coffee. Just smoke some weed instead.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does america not have italians? Why is anyone buying their coffee at starbucks.

Also i agree with the op i skimmed through.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
As a hard headed liberal, I closed my ears as instructed.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Isaac posted:

Does america not have italians? Why is anyone buying their coffee at starbucks.

Also i agree with the op i skimmed through.

thank you for the support, im happy that there's at least some people here with sense

Hector Beerlioz posted:

As a hard headed liberal, I closed my ears as instructed.

:rolleyes:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Christmas is about trees and shopping! How dare they try and take that away from me!! CONSUMERISM1!!!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
good, haha

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Broenheim posted:

BECAUSE THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED UPON CHRISTIANITY!

This is incorrect, hth.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Also, when can I open them? It also didn't help cause I still read the sentence and am now deeply offended.

naem
May 29, 2011

Did the cups used to have crucifixes or baby jesuses (jesi?) on them? It was just snowflakes and ice skates usually right? I don't see what's changed

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

criscodisco posted:

This is incorrect, hth.

lol @ this hard headed liberal

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im outrageed

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Me too

Let's gently caress

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

who

loving

cares

about

christmas

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

who

loving

cares

about

christmas

Economists and business men

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
trolling religious people should be encouraged at all times

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
wow even this nation's greatest candidate doesn't realize the importance of this issue. smdh at this country

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/donald-trump-suggests-starbucks-boycott-red-cups-article-1.2428961

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
No one in history has even been more oppressed than white christians in Obummer's American

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Broenheim posted:

wow even this nation's greatest candidate doesn't realize the importance of this issue. smdh at this country

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/donald-trump-suggests-starbucks-boycott-red-cups-article-1.2428961

I always read "smdh" as suck my dick and then when I hit the h I realize I have the wrong acronym.

Aug 4, 2010

Im glad this will cause some people to boycott starbucks, not because of the poor working conditions, their dodgy tax avoidance or vile coffee but because they didnt put a tree on the side of the cup.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
FACT: coffee is mentioned nowhere in the bible

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Gaunab posted:

FACT: coffee is mentioned nowhere in the bible

but what about reindeers?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Broenheim posted:

but what about reindeers?

i think this picture speaks for itself

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Christmas is about trees and shopping! How dare they try and take that away from me!! CONSUMERISM1!!!

Funniest thing is they are yelling about them removing pagan symbols from their cups as a war on Christians and it's hilarious.

I have a good mind to forward this to some insane Christian website and see if it shows up in their actual news as an example of Starbuck's evil cups

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

religion's for fools

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Broenheim posted:

GIANTS FAN
9 hours ago

Terri Siuda aka TUP TUP Mom and AZ Lady speaking of principle how come when the NYDN Wrote the Article about your home Country of Poland refusing to extradite a Convicted Child Pedophile you were no where to be found to comment on it? Heh

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
see starbucks look what you did? now everyone's saying hail satan and this country is going to hell

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
how are the actions of a coffee company indicative of future government policy? i'll say "merry christmas" to who ever I drat please; which just so happens to be no one, so go gently caress yourselves.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Your a big loving human being if you drink coffee

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

zooted heh posted:

Your a big loving human being if you drink coffee

I only drink coffee so i can fill it 90% with whiskey in the morning and pretend I'm drinking it

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

thats my refillable cup

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Jesus hates starbucks yo dude has tastebuds

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
lol if your life is so nice the biggest concern you have is a wrong coloured coffee cup

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Finally!

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

ah the old pretending to be retarded troll

I'm onto you OP!

as an actual retarded person It's very offensive for you to appropriate our culture

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 11, 2015

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Did Peet's get the cup right or wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
I like christmas alot.

• Locked thread