Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Does anyone else use a Starbucks name? Mine is Banjo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
So how many of these super :byodame:CHRISTMAS:byodood: types actually go to midnight mass on Christmas? I'm willing to bet it's like .5%

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Thin Privilege posted:

So how many of these super :byodame:CHRISTMAS:byodood: types actually go to midnight mass on Christmas? I'm willing to bet it's like .5%

mass is catholic aka the devil

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It seems like every year the Christian War on Christmas starts earlier and earlier. When I was a kid Christmas was all about Santa and Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman - it was a happy time. Now the Christians want to force their drat Jesus character into the mix, when there is nothing Christmas-related at all about that dude. He lived in a desert, for crying out loud! No wreaths or snowflakes or reindeer anywhere to be seen! Keep that Jesus guy out of Christmas!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
During WW1, there was a Christmas Truce. Opposing sides came together and celebreated.

Now Starbucks is seeking to divide and destroy the spirit that brought The British and Germans together.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
THIS CORPORATION MUST OBEY THE LORD

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Skeleton Ape posted:

Why don't serious religious people ever get this worked up about holidays that actually matter to Christianity? Start protesting about the lack of Jesus coffee cups around Easter you fucks

Serious religious people don't care about this, it's more like Facebook republicans

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
I really want to be the marketing person who makes holiday design decisions for a company. I'd decorate my office like a little evil villain hq and everything.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Tea is superior to coffee and Starbucks is incapable of making it.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
when i needed a pick-me-up i used to drink coffee but now i suck the giant fiery cock of satan and it gives me that get-up-and-go zoom zoom zoom!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

pumpkin spice lattes have lost their spirit

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Isaac posted:

Does america not have italians? Why is anyone buying their coffee at starbucks.

Also i agree with the op i skimmed through.

The idea of something as exotic and labor intensive as an espresso being sold for less than a dollar is antithetical to American Values.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
coca cola pretty much crafted the popular image of a secular christmas and not a single person cares

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
How the gently caress is Santa Christmasy anyways? Some fat piece of poo poo sneaking around with children in they pajamas? P messed up.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

Previous years' cups have featured snowflakes, winter scenes and sometimes Christmas ornaments
we all knew snowflakes were code for jesus but just red is a true assault on christianity

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

During WW1, there was a Christmas Truce. Opposing sides came together and celebreated.

Now Starbucks is seeking to divide and destroy the spirit that brought The British and Germans together.

http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/christmas-truce-of-1914 posted:

During World War I, the soldiers on the Western Front did not expect to celebrate on the battlefield, but even a world war could not destory the Christmas spirit.
trench warfare could not destory it but starbucks will

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

As an atheist I am actively campaigning against Christmas as well. I don't have deep pockets like Starbucks but I'm doing what I can.

naem
May 29, 2011

Perhaps next year Starbucks cups can feature the whimsical German Christmastime tradition of KRAMPUS

Germans: still creepy

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
hell of a viral campaign you got here starbucks it'd be a shame if anything

happened to it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
doesn't your loving foot like slough off like overcooked lasagna when you get the trench foot

like loving baby back ribs falling off the bone

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
No, it gets kind of lovely from never drying out and then probably gets infected which leads to gangrene

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gary oldmans diary posted:

we all knew snowflakes were code for jesus but just red is a true assault on christianity

The red stands for the blood of Christ

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

The red stands for the blood of Christ

now starbucks is endorsing the murder of jesus, aka the best christian of all? man, i dont know how you guys cant see that starbucks is destroying christianity.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I like the design. It's simple while still being festive and warm.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Broenheim posted:

now starbucks is endorsing the murder of jesus, aka the best christian of all? man, i dont know how you guys cant see that starbucks is destroying christianity.

It's not blasphemous to say that Christ died for our sins.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
:stare: Is that our next mod?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Secks Cauldron posted:

:stare: Is that our next mod?

Only if you've been a bad poster.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Broenheim posted:

wow even this nation's greatest candidate doesn't realize the importance of this issue. smdh at this country

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/donald-trump-suggests-starbucks-boycott-red-cups-article-1.2428961

quote:

He added that Starbucks operates a store in one of his buildings and that "that's the end of that lease, but who cares?"

I know it'll never happen but I would love to see the publicity fallout if he goes and cancels their lease for not putting Christmas decorations on their cups or saying 'Merry Christmas'. Aside from the fact that it's completely illegal I just want to see a republican candidate explain forcing a business to close for not being Christian enough.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Chinatown posted:

trolling religious people should be encouraged at all times

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
The birth of Christ and capitalism go hand in hand, just like in the bible

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Jesus threw the moneylenders out. I wonder if he supports manhandling in general or just moneylenders

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I, for one, support Starbucks new legislation banning the word "Christmas" and replacing it with "Winter Solstice Celebration."

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i read that jesus was a oat

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Orkin Mang posted:

i read that jesus was a oat

Yeah ive heard that also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU