Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

i hope nobody asked for a copy of fallout 4 as their dying wish lmao

page 2 fallout is bad snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i'm sad for him that he wont be able to see the rest of the awesome star wrs movies disney is going to make for the next all of time

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Grant DaNasty posted:

Did they allow any dying people watch Episode 1 before it was released? If so, lol

"Jar-jar is the...best...character...ever." flatlines.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

i'm sad for him that he wont be able to see the rest of the awesome star wrs movies disney is going to make for the next all of time

he can watch them from heaven

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Now if only Star Wars would follow his example.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I guess you could say he really stopped thinking about tomorrow.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i just remembered i read a crushing story about a terminal little girl who wanted to see pixar's up before it was released and hold on let me find it yep here it is

quote:

From the minute Colby saw the previews to the Disney-Pixar movie Up, she was desperate to see it. Colby had been diagnosed with vascular cancer about three years ago, said her mother, Lisa Curtin, and at the beginning of this month it became apparent that she would die soon and was too ill to be moved to a theater to see the film.

---

At about 12:30 p.m. the Pixar employee came to the Curtins’ home with the DVD.

He had a bag of stuffed animals of characters in the movie and a movie poster. He shared some quirky background details of the movie and the group settled in to watch Up.

Colby couldn't see the screen because the pain kept her eyes closed so her mother gave her a play-by-play of the film.

At the end of the film, the mother asked if her daughter enjoyed the movie and Colby nodded yes, Lisa Curtin said.

---

Colby died about seven hours after seeing the film.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

he can watch them from heaven

what if i don't believe in heaven :smith:

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

quote:

Ashley Fleetwood confirmed in a post on her Facebook page that her husband "passed in his sleep and in peace".

"Daniel put up an amazing fight to the very end. He is now one with God and with the force," she wrote.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash and tasteful deaths

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

symbolic posted:

http://www.cringechannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/H0O411j.jpg (not embedding because i dunno if dead bodies are NSFW or not)

there's no way in hell this is real

bury me in my finest turtle hermit gi

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

what if i don't believe in heaven :smith:

then you're going to hell and can't watch new star wars

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

then you're going to hell and can't watch new star wars

what if i believe what we consider to be life is actually hell and that's why there's so many drat star wars :smith:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

what if i believe what we consider to be life is actually hell and that's why there's so many drat star wars :smith:

i'm gonna have to think about this one

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you know i'm right. sweet dreams.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

symbolic posted:

http://www.cringechannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/H0O411j.jpg (not embedding because i dunno if dead bodies are NSFW or not)

there's no way in hell this is real

Lol why would a dead body be NSFW....this is Sparta :cmon:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Daedra posted:

If your last dying wish is to see star wars you should probably be dead anyway

CuRvY G0oNeTTe
Oct 30, 2015

by Lowtax
Lipstick Apathy
Bringing back LF is my dying wish...

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I presume there's like a ten thousand word entry about his back-story on the Star Wars wiki. Did they figure out if he goes in the legends or canon tab?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Lol why would a dead body be NSFW....this is Sparta :cmon:
i already got banned once for not being careful, so i might as well err on the side of caution

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Eh, good for him.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
he saw the black stormtrooper, screamed in rage, and then passed away suddenly. the disney reps allowed the movie to play out in silence, gathered their things, and drove away into the night.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

CuRvY G0oNeTTe posted:

Bringing back LF is my dying wish...

You should probably ask for a trip to Disney World instead

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
watched a likely really bad movie in his last days. drat. thats loving DARK.

Daedra posted:

If your last dying wish is to see star wars you should probably be dead anyway

this is the correct opinion

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what if part of his dying wish was that they CGI finn as white specifically for his private screening?

"i'm altering the deal. pray i don't alter it any further." - dying dude :rip:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
he dying wish was to watch a star wars movie?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

935 posted:

So bad it killed him

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

he saw the black stormtrooper, screamed in rage, and then passed away suddenly. the disney reps allowed the movie to play out in silence, gathered their things, and drove away into the night.

lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

cram me sideways posted:

i just remembered i read a crushing story about a terminal little girl who wanted to see pixar's up before it was released and hold on let me find it yep here it is

Aaaaauuuuggghhh, why ya gotta be that guy, posting this?

:smith:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aaaaauuuuggghhh, why ya gotta be that guy, posting this?

:smith:

yep didnt read that because it was obviously going to be something extremely sad

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I heard about this and thought it was like a 10 year old kid, when I realized it was a 32 year old man I laughed and now he's loving dead

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

this is literally the plot of the movie fanboys with the a hasty "vi" scrawled in between "episode" and "i"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
star wars actually owns dunno why all of yall are so down on his choice. it's not like he spent his final moments watching the movie. it took up 2.5 hours of the final days of his life. what the gently caress is your plan when you get told you have 2 months to live smart fucks?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The movie Fanboys was horrendous and i am upset this story is reminding me of it.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

star wars actually owns dunno why all of yall are so down on his choice. it's not like he spent his final moments watching the movie. it took up 2.5 hours of the final days of his life. what the gently caress is your plan when you get told you have 2 months to live smart fucks?

Booze, sex, boozy sex, sexy booze, all the drugs, die with boots on.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

rejutka posted:

dude just do that poo poo while you're alive and healthy like a normal person ..... :confused:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

thathonkey posted:

fly wherever we haven't been yet

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
you tell me right now I have two moths left to live

we dive the great barrier reef, we dive truk lagoon, we go to another broncos game in Denver, we spend a weekend somewhere together and then I die

lol if watching star wars factors in to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

rejutka posted:

The Onion has this truth covered: Man Given 3 Months To Live Throws In One Or Two Non-Sexual Things To Do.

• Locked thread