Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Oyvind Thorsby, creator of the wonderfully bizarre comics Hitmen for Destiny, Lies Sisters and Wives, Accidental Space Spy and Transdimensional Brain Chip (archived thread for those last two here) has returned with a new comic updating Mondays and Fridays in which he has returned to the fantasy genre, this time with a non-secret-fantasy setting: Trixie Slaughteraxe for President (first page).

Edit: Dammit, it should be Oyvind in the title, not Oyvin.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ah, that stilted expository dialogue and awkward, slow moving action scenes. :allears:

Here's hoping that this one lives up to expectations.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
this will be amazing

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Thoughts:

This format shows some promise - there's room for worldbuilding and political intrigue but it's also got a simple 'hunt treasure get money' adventure format, a return to the adventure formats of Hitmen and Space Spy. This particular format is simpler than Space Spy's 'follow the leads' format and more or less on par with Hitmen's 'kill this monster' format.

Trixie and Lyndon's style of speaking is clearly a deliberate choice; it'll be interesting to see what society's like when they're from (and, in contrast, where Audrey and Klara are from). The overall mixture of the modern and archaic, too, indicates that it may be interesting to see what Thorsby's come up with.

I hope we get an explanation for their gruesome surnames that's tied to the setting's history.

That wall spell seems to be Thorsby's version of the 'towel game' popularized by Douglas Adams; he's going to see how many different non-fatal uses he can come up for it over the course of the comic.

To save time and as a nod to his past, some of the creatures on the crystal ball shelf are very familiar.

And a prediction concerning their current predicament - since this opponent is someone they can actually talk to, the solution will be to, in some way or other, take advantage of the fact that he's been in stasis for over three hundred years.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 13, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

New page

I was right, not that it helped them much.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 13, 2015

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I was 99% sure that the statue holding the spare parts turtle was Tails, until I realized it...only has one tail.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
It's definitely Tails.

Grogquock
May 2, 2009
I'm excited for poo poo to get completely off the rails. So many bottled monsters, and we already have this universe's Lostclock to explain more or less what we should expect.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

HEL YES SON

e: HLEL YES SON

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
ok get this: the reason pacifist magic dude only knows one spell is that he learns one, uses it until he has to kill someone with it, and then pulls out a tiny spellbook and learns the next one on his list

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Samog posted:

ok get this: the reason pacifist magic dude only knows one spell is that he learns one, uses it until he has to kill someone with it, and then pulls out a tiny spellbook and learns the next one on his list

The next spell is to conjure force pentagons, then force hexagons and so on.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Thorsby's running pose remains consistently the best.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Like it belongs with hieroglyphs.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Honestly, that happened a lot sooner than I was expecting. I thought they'd build up a whole army of trapped enemies before the walls all came down at once in the final act.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Yeah, took me a second to realise what happened. At first I thought it had anti-magic hooves.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Today on TSfP: the most proactive scavenger ever.

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

Excited to get in on the ground floor of a Thorsby comic. The other ones I've only ever read after they were completed.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

that klara's got some pretty serious upper body strength

Sailor Viy posted:

Excited to get in on the ground floor of a Thorsby comic. The other ones I've only ever read after they were completed.

i'm in the same boat, I don't like not being able to binge through dozens of strips at a time though

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

sick trigger posted:

that klara's got some pretty serious upper body strength

Maybe Trixie is really light?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Light on action but heavy on promises, just like USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

:siren:Update:siren:

Sarcasm continues to work.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"Spider cheetah" is unusually straightforward for a Thorsby critter.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I wonder how long it took to draw those ~150 creatures on the shelves. And I bet he has notes on what each one does too.

We'll find out about a few of them when that backpack inevitably gets dropped/crushed/lightly jostled.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

HBar posted:

I wonder how long it took to draw those ~150 creatures on the shelves. And I bet he has notes on what each one does too.

We'll find out about a few of them when that backpack inevitably gets dropped/crushed/lightly jostled.

At least some are copied from at least one of his other comics. I recognized a Triplet's Orc and a Necrosyrte's Waitress.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jZxHkeChyg

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/26

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This has promise. I don't know if it'll be as good as Hitmen for Destiny, but it's gotta be better than the disappointing ending of Accidental Space Spy.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This has promise. I don't know if it'll be as good as Hitmen for Destiny, but it's gotta be better than the disappointing ending of Accidental Space Spy.

I lost interest towards the end of Space Spy but I kinda like that it ended the way it did.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

new strip, :siren:FARCEBY MODE ACTIVATE:siren:

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

It wouldn't be a Thorsby comic without a series of escalating lies and excuses.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

New strip: it continues.

I'm thinking Klara might canonically have high-functioning autism. This would explain her encyclopedic knowledge of a specific topic, her outward unemotionality and her inability to detect peoples' intentions.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 4, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

New strip - bullshitting continues.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He's getting a lot better with his timing. That's the first time I've laughed out loud at a Thorsby strip that was intentionally funny!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"Only two princesses have died! That is one of the smallest amounts of dead princesses you can have!"

Trixie's gonna be amazing in the presidential debates.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

New strip in which we learn a thing.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

New strip in which life is not like a video game. A specific video game.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Should've beaten the local gym first.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

New strip. A clever fake-out - the box can only be found by tampering with the most recognizable statue.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

New strip. Snorlax, I choose y--SPLURG!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Love it. Thorsby's creativity and humor is, as always, great.

Audrey's cool. Can't wait to see what Thorsby does with the now ex-magician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

HBar posted:

Here it comes!