Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

Stealing a cat? That's a feelineoly offense!

Hold a poll for naming the cat and let us choose :3:
sorry!

The cat has been named by my 4 yr old niece. She chose "bix-kit" (Biscuit). Idk why, but the fact she hosed up the name of one of the best bread foods like a retard made me laugh so that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I took in this stray cat BOY is he a handful

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

they get like that when they're bored, you should get another to keep him company.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Sheep-Goats posted:

Feral cats are really bad for local ecosystems and you should just buy a raccoon trap and put cat food in it and then keep them inside until they die.

pretty sure that is illegal

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Have you been able to un-feral a cat? I did with cat who used to live in the condemned-20-years-late house across the street. She purrs when picked up but still has a skittish edge. I think she's embarrassed because when she was neutered and laying doped up on my basement floor I had to scoot her away from the big poop that fell out of her butt.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

amityville anus posted:

Have you been able to un-feral a cat? I did with cat who used to live in the condemned-20-years-late house across the street. She purrs when picked up but still has a skittish edge. I think she's embarrassed because when she was neutered and laying doped up on my basement floor I had to scoot her away from the big poop that fell out of her butt.

I think you can be their friends, but they'll never be properly domesticated

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I wish a cat

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
:penandpaperattentivescribblingemote:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

I think you can be their friends, but they'll never be properly domesticated

She's free to leave but chose over time to live in my house and sleep on my bed. I don't really understand what more to expect out of what I believe to be a properly domesticated cat, Cumslut1895. The secret formula to socialize any cat is (food/time).

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
:siren:Cat update:siren:

When I woke up this morning, the cat's water dish was EMPTY! Where did it go? Did the cat drink it all? It's a very small cat, I don't think it could drink 25% of it's bodyweight in water overnight. Was it evaporation? :iiam:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

BigBoss posted:

:siren:Cat update:siren:

When I woke up this morning, the cat's water dish was EMPTY! Where did it go? Did the cat drink it all? It's a very small cat, I don't think it could drink 25% of it's bodyweight in water overnight. Was it evaporation? :iiam:

cat is bored, exploring physics, knocked it all out either by flipping the bowl and flipping it back over or scooping it out slowly like this

1) ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh
2) tentative touches paw to water
3) squints, determined, bats at the water aggressively, spilling it all over
4) stares at paw, licks it - hmmm, water
5) repeat

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

naem posted:

I took in this stray cat BOY is he a handful

this is a lynx you have to actively play with them or get two or they'll get bored and frustrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Wintermutant posted:

Since OP is slacking on the pics, here's some of the cat I captured this weekend

To:

gary oldmans diary posted:

not a good idea stealing a witchs familiar

Look, I can't get over the diamond pupils what the gently caress is going on here

Macnult posted:

Whatever you do please don't step on the cat, intentionally or accidentally.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
I demand more kitty pictures :swoon:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

1gnoirents posted:

cat is bored, exploring physics, knocked it all out either by flipping the bowl and flipping it back over or scooping it out slowly like this

1) ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh
2) tentative touches paw to water
3) squints, determined, bats at the water aggressively, spilling it all over
4) stares at paw, licks it - hmmm, water
5) repeat
cats need a giant bowl too deep to splash from and too heavy to knock over for their dumb water

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

I knew a redneck guy who hated cats and would drive around in a pickup truck with a rifle and shoot any cats he came across. One time he shot and killed a guy's cat right on his front lawn, and the dude chased my friend into a wheatfield or cornfield or something before losing him.

He told he's probably shot around 50 stray cats and a handful of domestic ones. Happy hunting. #NoRegrets

If this is for real your friend is a oval office. Some sick gently caress in my area has been cutting cats IN HALF. Little kid found his cat on the front lawn in two pieces. Cats are cute and good and people should be nice to them.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Macnult posted:

came here to post this

i want a cat now

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Das Boo posted:

I captured a cat too, OP. He showed up one summer and we made nice without much trouble. He'd come and go every couple of weeks. One day, he left and we had the worst winter in 100 years. Record lows, +10 feet of snow, lasted 'til May and flooded like crazy. Killed everything. So one night there's a meowing on the porch, this fucker shows up six months after the fact like nothing happened. He hasn't left since.

Boxcar "Boxer" Whistles, my hobo cat.

thats a fine cat

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

A misanthrope posted:

tip: disguise yourself as cat to become close cat friend

:catstare:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
We were both really badly allergic to cats, when we passed this little Kitten that was no more than two weeks old on the sidewalk. A crowd gathered around it and it just sat there looking sad and scared. I went and got a box, came back, and it tried to wobble-run away and got it's head stuck in a gate trying to get away.

... two years later we have a very happy and healthy cat that neither of us are allergic too and I have no idea why. That cat won the lottery. My girlfriend had to spend nearly three weeks with it day and night it was so young. No idea where the rest of it's litter was.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I captured and tamed a stray. she is the best ever but demands more attention than any dog I ever had.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

We were both really badly allergic to cats, when we passed this little Kitten that was no more than two weeks old on the sidewalk. A crowd gathered around it and it just sat there looking sad and scared. I went and got a box, came back, and it tried to wobble-run away and got it's head stuck in a gate trying to get away.

... two years later we have a very happy and healthy cat that neither of us are allergic too and I have no idea why. That cat won the lottery. My girlfriend had to spend nearly three weeks with it day and night it was so young. No idea where the rest of it's litter was.

Your body created a tolerance and you are no longer allergic due to exposure. 😊

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Macnult posted:

my cat hardly ever sleeps in my bed when I do, and one time a few years ago I woke up feeling really energetic and I swung myself up out of bed and ended up scissor kicking the gently caress out of my cat, who got up very slowly and went to the other room and laid down. ive never felt worse in my loving life dude but he was fine

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i don't have a problem with cats but some cats just refuse to show you respect and i just can't handle some dumb house cat dissing me dude

i won't have it

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

PinkoBastard posted:

If this is for real your friend is a oval office. Some sick gently caress in my area has been cutting cats IN HALF. Little kid found his cat on the front lawn in two pieces. Cats are cute and good and people should be nice to them.

What part of the country is this? Northeast US by any chance?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

I knew a redneck guy who hated cats and would drive around in a pickup truck with a rifle and shoot any cats he came across. One time he shot and killed a guy's cat right on his front lawn, and the dude chased my friend into a wheatfield or cornfield or something before losing him.

He told he's probably shot around 50 stray cats and a handful of domestic ones. Happy hunting. #NoRegrets

if i knew a guy who did this I would call the police on him, you're a bitch for not doing that, such a little cowardly little bitch that you should end your life right now

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
My friend caught a stray and added it to her free roaming pack (pride?) of five cats that scare off the coyotes somehow

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
cats are loving awesome because they are basically apex predators that are (barely) too small to kill you

and they love drugs

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I got bit on the hand playing with a stray cat that comes into my garden today thanks to this poo poo thread. it drew blood and now im going to die of cat aids or something thanks assholes

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Moridin920 posted:

i don't have a problem with cats but some cats just refuse to show you respect and i just can't handle some dumb house cat dissing me dude

i won't have it

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

cat very useful

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

cat very useful

I think that's the guy who was poor as hell but destroyed his car to save the cat stuck inside :3:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/13/living/man-cuts-truck-kitten-irpt/

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Melmac posted:

What part of the country is this? Northeast US by any chance?

I'm actually in Canada, province of New Brunswick, very close to Maine. We also had someone put a bunch of cats in individual carriers and just huck them on the ground last winter. All the cats died. :( That sort of thing is just incomprehensibly cruel to me, man. Just because internet motherfuckers are down with cats doesn't mean everyone's nice to them. Also I agree that dude with the poo poo friend should have called the cops or at least broken all his poo poo friend's fat little fingers.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

PinkoBastard posted:

I'm actually in Canada, province of New Brunswick, very close to Maine. We also had someone put a bunch of cats in individual carriers and just huck them on the ground last winter. All the cats died. :( That sort of thing is just incomprehensibly cruel to me, man. Just because internet motherfuckers are down with cats doesn't mean everyone's nice to them. Also I agree that dude with the poo poo friend should have called the cops or at least broken all his poo poo friend's fat little fingers.

In the US, cats are like dogs in that killing them for fun or because you don't like them is a felony, since cats and dogs are considered Companion Animals here. Hopefully Canada has similar laws but I'm going on a hunch to say no because the Canadian police literally shrugged their shoulders when people were telling them that Luka Magnotta was torturing cats and then a month later he moved on to people. Maybe they're sperges and think that making it illegal to kill cats and dogs then they won't be able to hunt moose or some stupid reasoning like that.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Melmac posted:

I think that's the guy who was poor as hell but destroyed his car to save the cat stuck inside :3:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/13/living/man-cuts-truck-kitten-irpt/

nah that (reversed) gif is a bunch of russians, and they know what they're doing enough to not destroy their truck. still a pain in the rear end job though.

I still have no clue how the cat got into the spring.

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine

Klyith posted:

I still have no clue how the cat got into the spring.

Something about curiosity and death.

Cats are great as long as the belong to someone else. Cats in your own home are hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I rescued a kitten from a dumpster who had a serious infection which left him blind in one eye. Had to put eye goop in the other one a lot and he trusted me enough to do it. He would climb up my chest and cling to my shirt and I could go for walks with him like that. Little dude had no fear, but he also had feline leukemia and died at six months. rip smudge best cat ever

• Locked thread