Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
There was a cat outside and it was kinda stray. The neighbors moved away and left it so the other day I caught it. I took it to the vet and it was pretty healthy and now it is purring. Maybe I will keep this cat? Ask me any questions about the capturing of this cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

concerned mom posted:

How do you know it was the neighbours who moved away?

A) the lady who moved away had a cat that sat in the window and it looked like this cat
B) the lady who moved away was a robo-oval office who put her dog down because it wouldn't stop barking. It barked because she never bothered to housebreak it so she kept it in a pen in the backyard. Her ditching the cat seems plausible.
C) the new people said this cat would sit outside their door and try to get in the house and they were all "WTF where is this cat from?" It never crossed their minds someone would be so callous as to move and just leave their pet. They assumed it was one of the other neighbors' cat.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Tony Homo posted:

Why are you a human being? (According to your av)

IDK which inflammatory post specifically did it but i think it might be when i was fetishizing the police.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

how did you capture it? there is a pair of wild kittens that live in my and my neighbors back yards. they run away from anyone that approaches them, but they are cute as a button when they are rifling through your trash for scraps.

unfortunately this is canada and pretty soon there is going to be a day cold enough to kill these kittens, like really soon. i want to catch them and give them a home, but they are crafty and always escape :argh:

THANK YOU. Jesus. All I wanted to do was recount the thrilling story and I needed someone to ask so it didn't seem like I was bragging.

I captured this cat with my hands. I put some food out, and when this cat came to eat it, I started petting it. Then I grabbed the cat and put it in a cage. I use one hand to grab the scruff because I was worried about it biting me, and I wore leather gloves because I wasn't sure if it had cat diseases (it does not). The cat started bitching so I gave it more food and some towels to sleep on and it stopped bellyaching.

If you want to catch baby cats you have to be crafty. Maybe a trap like this? It is cold here too, so I also caught the cat before it is super cold.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

hmm, i hadn't thought of a trap. a friend of mine has a humane raccoon trap that might work, i would just need to check it really frequently i wouldn't want them caught in a cage for a long time like over night or something

this is a great idea! i have been putting out food for them but i didn't think to build them a box. i've got all the things i need to make this right now already in my shed. they might have to compete with local squirrels for the space though

make the hole kitten sized so raccoons or whatever can't get in.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I swung by to check on the cat and snapped a photo for y'all.

Here she is on top of her BOX FORT in the little cage made for her. She's supposed to stay confined for a while to get used to being inside again. It was a weird shaped box that was a good cat fort shape so it worked out.

Here's a bonus pic of her $325 haircut

Her fur was all hosed up and had a bunch of mats. They had to sedate her to shave it because it was that bad. She also had a wound that needed 4 stitches. I could have gotten a 2 wk course of antibiotics for $33 or a 1 time shot for $38. I was like there's no goddamn way I'm trying to give a cat medicine 2 times a day for the next two weeks to save five dollars. The doctor said most people opt for the shot. But no fleas or whatever weird cat AIDS poo poo cats have so that's good. She seems happy and purrs when I pet her so I guess the cat is OK and not too put out about the haircut.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Windows 98 posted:

I can't believe you stole someones cat

Think of it as a freegan feline.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

Stealing a cat? That's a feelineoly offense!

Hold a poll for naming the cat and let us choose :3:
sorry!

The cat has been named by my 4 yr old niece. She chose "bix-kit" (Biscuit). Idk why, but the fact she hosed up the name of one of the best bread foods like a retard made me laugh so that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
:siren:Cat update:siren:

When I woke up this morning, the cat's water dish was EMPTY! Where did it go? Did the cat drink it all? It's a very small cat, I don't think it could drink 25% of it's bodyweight in water overnight. Was it evaporation? :iiam:

• Locked thread