Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
enjoy your $750 a day toxo pill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

keep the cat. cats are usually very chill and fairly unobtrusive and put up with pretty much any living situation as long as you treat it like a cat and not a dog. also get 5 more cats.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Rutibex posted:

hmm, i hadn't thought of a trap. a friend of mine has a humane raccoon trap that might work, i would just need to check it really frequently i wouldn't want them caught in a cage for a long time like over night or something

this is a great idea! i have been putting out food for them but i didn't think to build them a box. i've got all the things i need to make this right now already in my shed. they might have to compete with local squirrels for the space though

im quite sure its the squirrels who would be on the wrong side of that fight

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Prav posted:

i don't know, kittens regularly lose fights with mirrors or their own tails

yeah i guess it depends how kitten we're talking here

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

BigBoss posted:

I swung by to check on the cat and snapped a photo for y'all.

Here she is on top of her BOX FORT in the little cage made for her. She's supposed to stay confined for a while to get used to being inside again. It was a weird shaped box that was a good cat fort shape so it worked out.

Here's a bonus pic of her $325 haircut

Her fur was all hosed up and had a bunch of mats. They had to sedate her to shave it because it was that bad. She also had a wound that needed 4 stitches. I could have gotten a 2 wk course of antibiotics for $33 or a 1 time shot for $38. I was like there's no goddamn way I'm trying to give a cat medicine 2 times a day for the next two weeks to save five dollars. The doctor said most people opt for the shot. But no fleas or whatever weird cat AIDS poo poo cats have so that's good. She seems happy and purrs when I pet her so I guess the cat is OK and not too put out about the haircut.

drat dude i know you have to work up a bit tof trust and poo poo but that cat is going to transform when you wash it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

BigBoss posted:

:siren:Cat update:siren:

When I woke up this morning, the cat's water dish was EMPTY! Where did it go? Did the cat drink it all? It's a very small cat, I don't think it could drink 25% of it's bodyweight in water overnight. Was it evaporation? :iiam:

cat is bored, exploring physics, knocked it all out either by flipping the bowl and flipping it back over or scooping it out slowly like this

1) ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh
2) tentative touches paw to water
3) squints, determined, bats at the water aggressively, spilling it all over
4) stares at paw, licks it - hmmm, water
5) repeat

• Locked thread