Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
It's been a while. It's the Idiots on Social Media thread! Previously the Idiots on Facebook thread, it's been expanded to include sites like Twitter and any other social media hubs.

Social media? Does Tumblr count as social media?

Yes and no. Tumblr has been posted here with little issue in the past, but this is not the Tumblr mock thread. Those threads end up crashing and burning, because criticizing social justice and leftism leads to arguments about said issues, which is better left for D&D. Before you post something from Tumblr, remind yourself that this is not the thread for a debate, and then consider whether or not you should post it. Usually the answer is no.

RULES FOR THE THREAD OKAY

1. Censor people's names. This hasn't been much of an issue in the past, but if you post something that really pisses someone off, they might try to find that person online and berate them in some fashion. If it's a public page, no censorship needed.
2. Don't touch the poop. This mostly involves other people's timelines, but also your own. There's no need to distance yourselves from acquaintances and relatives over an internet forum.
3. Don't derail.
4. Seriously, don't derail. This thread is filled with ridiculous dumb images and people, you don't need to play devils advocate. For example, someone might post a comic about veganism, implying that people who drink milk are worse than Hitler. Goofus responds "I don't know why this thread is suddenly for animal cruelty." Gallant responds "I'm a vegan, and that's dumb as poo poo." Don't be Goofus.

People keep posting Facebook screencaps with puns instead of actual names, what is that about?

That would be Social Fixer. It's a faster way to cover up identities before mocking people. I prefer to use MS Paint, but to each his own.

Now, for content.

I found an actual "lyke dis if u cry evrtyme" in the wild. I didn't even think people shared them anymore.

Remember, if you say every single sign is really good at the sex, people who are that sign will be more likely to share it! Seriously, did they think people wouldn't read all the other ones?

Hm.

Trump doesn't say enough dumb poo poo? We have to start making up stuff now? Like Latins would be going to the polls for him in droves regardless.

:stare: Uhh...okay buddy. I'm not a fan of Netanyahu, but saying poo poo like "Hitler: 0 Jews: 7" sounds right out of a holocaust denier's playbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

Oh thank goodness this thread is back. Enjoy this thing of beauty from a hometown acquaintance:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Some not-so-subtle Veteran's Day racism

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Haha yeah I bet the person who posted that would be super supportive of the new taxes to pay each soldier 500k a year

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
like and share he CUTE

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

At moments my Facebook is flooded with all the Spanish versions of this stuff.

"A hurricane is coming, say amen."

"Something lovely happened in a lovely place, people are suffering, say amen to help them"

"Random gringo stranger is dying of something, say amen just because Jesus."

:psyduck:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The gently caress is an og?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Original gangsta. It's a dumb meme but I refuse to believe you've never heard that term before

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

Picnic Princess posted:

Why does it look like the kid is drinking out of it rather than blowing into it?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Aesop Poprock posted:

Original gangsta. It's a dumb meme but I refuse to believe you've never heard that term before

Gangsters don't play Nintendo.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Ahem.... I think the correct term is original gamer

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Panniculus Rift posted:

Ahem.... I think the correct term is original gamer

Somehow that's worse.

Anyway, right now I have some smokers trying to argue with me that discarded butts don't cause fires and it's all a conspiracy. Even after I posted a video of a firefighter starting a grassfire with a cigarette as a public service announcement. I guess BIG FIRE is trying to stifle are freedoms! :downs:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Somehow that's worse.

Anyway, right now I have some smokers trying to argue with me that discarded butts don't cause fires and it's all a conspiracy. Even after I posted a video of a firefighter starting a grassfire with a cigarette as a public service announcement. I guess BIG FIRE is trying to stifle are freedoms! :downs:

Even putting aside the potential for fire, what kind of jackass just litters like that? I smoke a whopping two packs a month and even I carry around this little ashtray on my keychain.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Wanamingo posted:

Even putting aside the potential for fire, what kind of jackass just litters like that? I smoke a whopping two packs a month and even I carry around this little ashtray on my keychain.

You're a rare breed and I salute you.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Picnic Princess posted:

Somehow that's worse.

I don't normally get hit by fits of road rage, but living in California whenever I see this happen I start to see red. I don't care if they're in the middle of the city, because I can guarantee you these assholes aren't doing a risk assessment every time they decide to throw a butt out of the window.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Somehow that's worse.

Do they mean unlit cigarette butts? Or...how do they think fire works?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I.C. posted:

Do they mean unlit cigarette butts? Or...how do they think fire works?

Oh my no. One of them provided tons of anecdotal evidence that it never happens because she's never seen it herself with all the butts she's tossed so how could it possibly be true? She even tried to set her watered, manicured lawn on fire before, it didn't work! :downs: I countered with how there was a grassfire at work this summer and right in the middle of the burn zone was a cigarette butt. "Well, it most have landed on a piece of paper then"

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Public page, so no censoring.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

wow made me think

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Saddest Rhino posted:

wow made me think

There was a sort of good one like this where someone just removed the phones from the picture and people were staring transfixed at their hands with dumbassed looks on their faces. More silly than deep, of course.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

wow made me think

Someone's watched that one TV face-stealing episode of Doctor Who too many times.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

wow made me think

This is somebody's fetish, I'm sure of it.

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

This dumb poo poo should be illegal to post before December.

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014

CommonShore posted:

There was a sort of good one like this where someone just removed the phones from the picture and people were staring transfixed at their hands with dumbassed looks on their faces. More silly than deep, of course.
Yeah, I saw that one too. Some really silly poo poo.
And I mean, society's not obsessed with phones.
Burgs on the other hand...

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

wow made me think

I enjoy the thought of some guy staring at his computer making those in Photoshop, really pleased with himself. I feel like I've seen a couple dozen art series doing that same drat thing for years, with absolutely nothing new being added to the commentary.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Corley posted:

This dumb poo poo should be illegal to post

Fixed.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Oh hey, it looks like I'm uh...

8===D

Wait a minute, this doesn't seem right?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sam Faust posted:

Oh hey, it looks like I'm uh...

8===D

Wait a minute, this doesn't seem right?

Could be worse. I got moon moon.

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Could be worse. I got moon moon.

Thank mister skeltal!

Repost this in 32 seconds or ur never have munny again!

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Guy Montag posted:

Thank mister skeltal!

Repost this in 32 seconds or ur never have munny again!

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Terrorist attacks are triggering, I don't like knowing the world has lovely people.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Megera posted:

Terrorist attacks are triggering, I don't like knowing the world has lovely people.

Making a terrorist attack in another country about you :bravo: Good job, facebook/tumblr/et al

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Megera posted:

Four bumps in six minutes too.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shut down facebook? Nop. Too hard.

Whimskey
Jul 4, 2007

The social media ouroboros: a Tumblr screencap posted to Instagram posted to Facebook by Buzzfeed.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

wow made me think

Alright so I don't want to start a debate on the quality of art and *what is art* but isn't this design just done with someone using the blur tool?

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

A terrorist attack is a good time to try your hand at a Facebook Joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

casual poster posted:

Alright so I don't want to start a debate on the quality of art and *what is art* but isn't this design just done with someone using the blur tool?

It's one of those instances where the idea is fantastic but the execution is lazy. On the spectrum of good art to bad art I'd say it's mediocre. It would have worked far better as a painting with distorted forms and dissonant colors.