Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Duke Chin posted:

Missed what happened to Fleury...? He took a stick through the cage?

Yeah from lovejoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

cenotaph posted:

Yeah from lovejoy

kreider probably paid him off

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Wait, what? Leave the net sizes alone you dumb twats

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Duke Chin posted:

Wait, what? Leave the net sizes alone you dumb twats

It's such a drastic change to the game and would gently caress with every goaltender that it seems a bit too far to go...I know the reasoning, it's not totally insane, but man it just feels like a fundamental change that would create a lot of issues and I'm not sure I'd find it more exciting to watch a bunch of goalies be out of position and fail to make saves because they're not used to net size.

I mean, the days of ridiculously bad 80's (and earlier) goaltending are gone, artificially bringing it back by making the net too big to defend seems like poo poo. Wanting to go back to the days where goaltending relied almost exclusively on reflexes just feels off. I'd look harder at ways to prevent teams from stacking defenders in front of their goalies all day long, it's so hard to get a clean chance these days it's all relying on random deflections and hoping your shot doesn't get blocked.

And beyond all that...hockey can be pretty fun and exciting without needing to average 8 goals per game or something.

Finally, selfishly, it'd really gently caress Lundqvist over since he plays deep in his net and ironically relies more on his reflexes in a lot of ways than goalies who play more aggressive angles, but if they changed the net size you'd have to perfect your angles to cut down the available net to shoot at

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Levitate posted:

It's such a drastic change to the game and would gently caress with every goaltender that it seems a bit too far to go...I know the reasoning, it's not totally insane, but man it just feels like a fundamental change that would create a lot of issues and I'm not sure I'd find it more exciting to watch a bunch of goalies be out of position and fail to make saves because they're not used to net size.

I mean, the days of ridiculously bad 80's (and earlier) goaltending are gone, artificially bringing it back by making the net too big to defend seems like poo poo. Wanting to go back to the days where goaltending relied almost exclusively on reflexes just feels off. I'd look harder at ways to prevent teams from stacking defenders in front of their goalies all day long, it's so hard to get a clean chance these days it's all relying on random deflections and hoping your shot doesn't get blocked.

And beyond all that...hockey can be pretty fun and exciting without needing to average 8 goals per game or something.

Finally, selfishly, it'd really gently caress Lundqvist over since he plays deep in his net and ironically relies more on his reflexes in a lot of ways than goalies who play more aggressive angles, but if they changed the net size you'd have to perfect your angles to cut down the available net to shoot at

Short answer: There's not one goddamn thing wrong with how it is now. Like, at all. :colbert:

Plus "six by four" just rolls off the tongue and would gently caress up Jack Edwards' rad "HOW DID MISS THE NET?!? SIX BY FOUR AND HE COMES UP ZERO!" call. :argh:

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
TRIPPING

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Trip all the players

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

TRIPPING

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Byron looked lik ehe was flying through their air before Kunitz's stick got his feet

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
how in the hell do you miss that Kunitz

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

Pungry posted:

he actually sucks

Turbo Jesus
Mar 17, 2007

Pop that tarp off.

Pungry posted:

I really want to say I've seen him do that exact same thing a few times this season.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

communist kangaroo posted:

he actually sucks

You are correct sir!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

:siren: GALLAGHER :siren:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Sigh.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Gally B! :siren:

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

What a poo poo show of a shift

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Gallagher with a clean goal? :confused:

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

wah you're not alllowed to try to murder me i had a stroke wah get off the ice

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

why do the penguins keep trying to murder their goalie?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Oh wow...nice uncalled board too.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Yeahhhh Letang did just get boarded that should have been a penalty

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

Levitate posted:

Yeahhhh Letang did just get boarded that should have been a penalty

COACH'S CHALLENGE

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Vincent Van Goat posted:

What a poo poo show of a shift

which Pen kicked that puck right to the Habs?

Also goddamn I can't wait until Markov is too old to play hockey anymore loving poo poo

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

lmao letang is a moron

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
kris loltang

you're welcome. :rimshot:

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

lmao at NBCSN mad about Letang intefering, but not him getting boarded

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Brandon Proust posted:

why do the penguins keep trying to murder their goalie?

preempting Gally

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Letang freaking out

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass into goalie glove

good

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Levitate posted:

Letang freaking out

That's just the blood clots.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Weise injured :ohdear:

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

dutch gretzky broke

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I very much enjoy watching Jeff Petry play hockey.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

And Maatta went down to the dressing room after taking a puck to the head :suicide:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
WHAT DID YOU DO TO DUTCH GRETZKY YOU MONSTERS

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

0 shots in 12 minutes

:thumbsup: Great system there Mike

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Levitate posted:

which Pen kicked that puck right to the Habs?

Cole

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Montreal's best player out with torn ACL implosion incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Lol Geno can openered.

• Locked thread