Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I just put Dr Schultz gel inserts into my shoes for the first time. They feel really comfortable, but when I walk I feel "swishy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Im taking over your thread OP.

Does anyone have any experience with Aloe Vera house plants? I've recently decided to buy a load of plants and most of them are doing just great but one of my Aloe Vera plants has a lazy leaf. Like it just sags down and is indifferent like a bored cock.

Is this okay? I'm not over-watering it I don't think. I like my Aloe Vera and I don't want it to die.

Please respond.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hey cool we can bunk up for some niche thread topics

Is it true you can crack a leaf on an aloe vera plant to get that green stuff for burns?

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Professor Shark posted:

Hey cool we can bunk up for some niche thread topics

Is it true you can crack a leaf on an aloe vera plant to get that green stuff for burns?

It is. If you cut off a leaf the plant will be perfectly fine and it will scab over pretty quick. The gel inside of an Aloe Vera is soothing to the skin and mildly anesthetic. It's quite nice. Just don't have them around your cats. Aloe Vera is highly poisonous to cats.

Also, if you treat your Aloe Vera real good, it will have baby Aloe Veras!!!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Interesting- so the gel isn't *just* cooling, but also helps with pain relief?

Also, how do new plants form? Do they spread similarily to strawberries?

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

The gel provides a mild numbing agent IIRC. I just bought them because I think succulent plants look really cool and Aloe Vera plants look chill as heck.

Well hopefully one day you wake up and you go check on your Aloe Vera and there's a little green bud in the soil next to your big Aloe Vera.

My Aloe Veras are still very young and need a lot of sunlight and water to grow another foot or so. I hope they become big huge Aloe Veras.

I bought them originally because my house is kinda damp and not very well aerated, and I read somewhere that they're great for improving the air quality in a home. So far they seem to be working just dandy.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

I'm gonna fill my house with wild lookin' fat succulent plants because they all like alien and crazy as gently caress.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Professor Shark posted:

I just put Dr Schultz gel inserts into my shoes for the first time. They feel really comfortable, but when I walk I feel "swishy"

I hated these commercials

Dr. Scholls himself is long dead

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Rub the Aloe goop on your genitals. Same thing for the foot pads.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Ape Fist posted:

Im taking over your thread OP.

Does anyone have any experience with Aloe Vera house plants? I've recently decided to buy a load of plants and most of them are doing just great but one of my Aloe Vera plants has a lazy leaf. Like it just sags down and is indifferent like a bored cock.

Is this okay? I'm not over-watering it I don't think. I like my Aloe Vera and I don't want it to die.

Please respond.

if i remember correctly you're supposed to bolster them up with sticks? aloe vera plants are pretty delicate I think but their pulp extremely useful. have you looked up any way to remedy the sagging online? i'll probably get some baby aloe veras for the apartment soon

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ape Fist posted:

I'm gonna fill my house with wild lookin' fat succulent plants because they all like alien and crazy as gently caress.

If u do, get some of those vines that are really curly. Also, pix.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

momerath posted:

if i remember correctly you're supposed to bolster them up with sticks? aloe vera plants are pretty delicate I think but their pulp extremely useful. have you looked up any way to remedy the sagging online? i'll probably get some baby aloe veras for the apartment soon

I don't see anything about 'propping them up' online. Though I could see how the fat older bottom leaves would naturally lay on the ground if the plant grew naturally.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I wear Birkenstock sandals 90% of the time I am wearing footwear. 99.9% of the time I am also wearing socks. My feet are happy feet.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Ape Fist posted:

I don't see anything about 'propping them up' online. Though I could see how the fat older bottom leaves would naturally lay on the ground if the plant grew naturally.

i guess it's just something my mom does, i'm not totally sure why. to be honest my understanding of botany isn't extensive but i really like plants and i'm glad i opened this thread and remembered i need to get some plants. maybe some cacti who knows

quote:

I wear Birkenstock sandals 90% of the time I am wearing footwear. 99.9% of the time I am also wearing socks. My feet are happy feet.
ok! this is a botany thread

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

CaptainSarcastic posted:

weak millennial feet more like it, hardworking chinese feet are going to ruin your poo poo one day hth

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Sorbothane is the best material for cushioning and it is made up of a material modeled after the fat pads in ur footheels. Maximum shock absorption according to a billion yrs of evolution.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

captainoblivious posted:

weak millennial feet more like it, hardworking chinese feet are going to ruin your poo poo one day hth

I'm gen x. :smugdog:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Also it's named after KEvin Sorbo, tv's herculeus.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Does anyone know a good product for puffy eyes?

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

momerath posted:

i guess it's just something my mom does, i'm not totally sure why. to be honest my understanding of botany isn't extensive but i really like plants and i'm glad i opened this thread and remembered i need to get some plants. maybe some cacti who knows

I have some cacti, they're badass little dudes.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I put Aloe Vera in my shoes and now my feet hurt

please advise!!!

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Moola posted:

I put Aloe Vera in my shoes and now my feet hurt

please advise!!!

oh man you have hosed this up we were discussing two different topics we didn't mean to COMBINE them seek medical help

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
it really burns I think im going tod ie

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if I dont post again soon I have probably died trying to reach a doctor

thanks a lot you assholes!!!

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

NOPE.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Sorry about your thread

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

What a nice thread :allears:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Sorry about your thread

Hey the threads going great- I'm learning a lot about foot pads snd aloe vera! The only thing you need to apoligize for is posting in it!

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
im not sorry for the aloe vera foot guy

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Honestly it has only added to the already great thread discussion. The title is even vague enough to be a megathread for both topics

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
When I lived in Japan there was a hobby store called tokyu hands, they sold practically anything for making things, I got some sorbithane, carbon mat & the gunk you use to stiffen carbon fiber/kevlar/glassfiber from there. made some knucledusters.
I am not good at making knuckledusters, so when I tried them, I scooped a little divot of flesh from between my fingers.
thats my sorbithane story.

Aloe Vera are great plants. some people keep them in the kitchen for obvious reasons.

Because I have flat feet, and walk like a duck, I have insoles to correct my foot posture, unfortunately they don't have gel in them.

staberind fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 12, 2015

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

staberind posted:

Aloe Vera are great plants. some people keep them in the kitchen for obvious reasons.

actually why the kitchen?

the little ones look good just about anywhere although the need decent sunlight

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

momerath posted:

Burns from cooking.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

momerath posted:

the little ones look good just about anywhere although the need decent sunlight

Aloes are good for little burns and cuts, as mentioned above, just slice a little of the leaf off and apply to the wound.
Careless people like myself view the Kitchen with its ability to burn/shock/stab/serrate/grate/slice/scald skin as a rather unforgiving place.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I didnt want to click this thread but i did. I didnt read any posts though.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Isaac posted:

I didnt want to click this thread but i did. I didnt read any posts though.

you're missin' out BIG TIME

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

momerath posted:

im not sorry for the aloe vera foot guy

im loving DEAD asswhole

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Theres 50 new posts in the toilet stall thread i might read this one after.

E: they are talking about electric car doors or something. Guess i better read this one now.

Isaac fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 12, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Professor Shark posted:

That's true, it's good as gently caress. I wish you could crossbreed an aloe with a peyote cactus to make the bestest, most useful succulent ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Voted 3

• Locked thread