Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

This was a fantastic LP! I'm really interested in what you'll do next!

Out of curiosity, what was your favorite part about doing this LP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!

Miacis posted:

I should probably point out for those who haven't played that you definitely don't need Pierce on all your demons to beat Lucifer in a timely manner. They simply need to be all support. Three demons can debilitate, buff and heal at ludicrous speed, and then just pass turns so all your MC has to do is Focus-Freikugel combo every turn.
It is, however, slightly less spectacular than having Futomimi punch Lucifer to death.

Right, I went a little overboard with all my party members being able to do damage to Lucifer, but it's true that with the appropriate Demi-fiend build he can shoulder the offense on his own with no difficulty. The main reason the lack of Pierce makes Dante useless for this battle is because he has nothing to contribute outside of raw damage, while you can stick Debilitate, Mediarahan, Tarukaja or Rakukaja on any other demon and it gives them something super useful to do even if they don't have Pierce.

Daigerus posted:

Really awesome LP you've put together here! Just out of curiosity, is the game over screen different if you've lost to Lucifer, since the Kagutsuchi is dead and thus there shouldn't be any angels lifting you to heaven, or is it always the same?

Dang, changing the game over sequence like that would have been an awesome detail, but it is in fact the same as usual.

Booky posted:

Out of curiosity, what was your favorite part about doing this LP?

The audience interaction is the most rewarding aspect by far. But in terms of the actual production process... While I'm playing the game and describing what's going on as it happens, a fair portion of the party dialog I make up on the fly, but a lot of the time I'll leave a note to remind myself to insert a conversation later in the editing phase, especially if I expect it'll be longer than average. I really enjoy writing in general, so going back in and filling in those spots with a bit of extra flavor feels like a million bucks. I also fancy myself a bit of a scholar, so doing research on creatures I don't know much about is always a treat, even if I don't have the time to go in as much depth as I'd like.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
This was a fun read, and I'm looking forward to your next LP. Thanks for putting some much effort into this!

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Great LP from start to finish! And one that has gotten me to throw dozens of hours into jRPGs again! I don't know whether to thank you or to curse you.

:atlus:

• Locked thread