Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
this is a bad game and you shouldnt play it

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

fart

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 23, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:firstpost:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:secondpost:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
drat you

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Just in case someone skips over all that: Stress test is starting tomorrow the 12th and lasting until the 14th. You'll get to see all the new changes and whatnot. Top and mid level founders packs only I think though until the beta phase opens on the 23rd-25th.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
First page post

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Authentication site isn't working. Keeps giving me "Your username is not valid, please try another one." no matter what I do. Removed capitals, alphanumeric, everything.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Applied as Bukowski. I'm not playing much with other goons these days, I'll probably be in for the closed beta.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Authentication site isn't working. Keeps giving me "Your username is not valid, please try another one." no matter what I do. Removed capitals, alphanumeric, everything.

what did you register as user name wise, ill take a look

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

also dont mind our dust on the discourse forum - the colors are being actively hosed with

[worker digging.gif]

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

"Charles Bukowski" didn't work and I assumed it was the space. I just used the one name "Bukowski" and it worked.

e: The offsite (lol) is blank!

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 12, 2015

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

what did you register as user name wise, ill take a look

Alexander DeLarge
alexanderdelarge (would definitely prefer these two for consistency in game)
alexdelarge

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 12, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

"Charles Bukowski" didn't work and I assumed it was the space. I just used the one name "Bukowski" and it worked.

Alexander DeLarge
alexanderdelarge (would definitely prefer these two for consistency in game)
alexdelarge

noted and thanks for telling us! being looked into right now :)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I manually fixed your group.

It was working yesterday at least. I guess this is also a stress test for our servers!

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Looking forward to this (god help me).

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

it's gonna be a really good game and tomorrow night i want to kill people in whatever armor we scrape together

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Holy heck that forum drama. Is that what UO was like? I was like 14 at the time and didn't have my own PC (super poor.) Kinda feel like I missed out.

Should I spend 100 of my "hard" earned dollars on a founders pack

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Verbose posted:

Holy heck that forum drama. Is that what UO was like? I was like 14 at the time and didn't have my own PC (super poor.) Kinda feel like I missed out.

you only need 30 to play during this upcoming CBT but if you like the list of perks you get for the 100 dolla pack, then yeah
e: consider using a referral link in the 2nd post for some additional cash shop currency on release

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

You'll find nothing but high-quality, top notch, non-poo poo posting on the Albion forums.
By goons, that is.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

you only need 30 to play during this upcoming CBT but if you like the list of perks you get for the 100 dolla pack, then yeah
e: consider using a referral link in the 2nd post for some additional cash shop currency on release

Most of the perks are breakable and lootable, which is great imo but not worth 100 dollary doo's. If the game is awesome and the dev's are cool I won't mind paying for the prestige account with real life :tenbux:

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Most of the perks are breakable and lootable, which is great imo but not worth 100 dollary doo's. If the game is awesome and the dev's are cool I won't mind paying for the prestige account with real life :tenbux:

I've bought a founder's pack once (the cheapest one) for Neverwinter Nights and stopped playing that game in like 2 weeks, so I'm a little wary. I ALMOST bought one for Landmark, really glad I didn't. Plus I think Next is going to end up being vaporware since they've hardly released any info on it. Their loving tie-in app barely works too.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Where's that guy with The Dude avatar to come bitching about his loving archeage founders pack? I haven't read about it in at least 3 days.

Yeah I'm not dropping $100 to play a beta, that's silly. $30 for 3 months of a game seems more than fair though if goons manage to get along for that long.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Thanks for the condensed update on what's new for the beta, sounds really fun and looking forward to it more now.

I really cba to read through the forums

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

Where's that guy with The Dude avatar to come bitching about his loving archeage founders pack? I haven't read about it in at least 3 days.

Yeah I'm not dropping $100 to play a beta, that's silly. $30 for 3 months of a game seems more than fair though if goons manage to get along for that long.

Not the dude but I feel like a loving idiot for spending that much, I really enjoyed AA in the Korean CBT but they managed to gently caress it up, even in the Western release.

I bought Albion since I'm in for the longhaul though. It seems much more in line with what I expect from an MMO than any other option currently available, and it's certainly the most polished/closest one to being finished I can see.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 12, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Verbose posted:

It will be fun for at least a few months like the rest of the sandbox games. With any luck it will last longer than that since there's a bunch of stuff to keep people going out and being pvpable. And it's headed away from the HARDCORE ELITE PVP style that really amounts to just grinding until you can stomp all newbies forever.

It is worth buying in to I think, since the start of these things tend to be special and can't be replicated once the server is going and you'll get to do it at least twice. Whether it is $100 worth it probably more depends on how much money you have or how much you want a good sandbox game. This weekend stress test you can get in with the $50 package, and next week you can get in for $30. Free to play is still probably 3-4 months off at least. The $100 pack at this point is more of a "support the devs" pack unless you really want a headstart or gold trim around your name and avatar portrait. None of the other stuff really matters in the long run, though the $100 pack's ox and horse can help greatly at the very start of the game. Assuming they stick with $5/mo subs: You get ~$65 of gold/subs with the $100 pack, ~$30 with the $50 pack, and ~$15 with the $30 pack.

The game is very playable. Most of the rest of the work to do is balancing and making sure there's plenty of things to go out and do in the world. Overall I think they're headed in a good direction and we know enough to be able to say there's not going to be major hidden problems in the future parts of the progression a la Darkfall Online.

There's some jank and confusing decisions for how to lay out progression, but it's handleable and the latter is mostly a one-time speedbump.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I have an important question. Regarding founders packages right now, are there a limited quantity of them available right now, and if so, how likely is it that they will run out?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Unlimited

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

Oh, I have an important question. Regarding founders packages right now, are there a limited quantity of them available right now, and if so, how likely is it that they will run out?

i havent seen anything about a limited quantity so i assume that isn't a thing. as for when they shut it down, nothing has been said :shrug:

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Nice OP Blazing.

Everyone as loving pumped as I am?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Despite the fact that this is a short test, do any past players have some tips to share that they wish they knew before starting?

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

Let me know if you guys need any additional information. I have some good contacts to the guy everyone is drinking beer with.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
good stuff

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

dominoeffect posted:

Despite the fact that this is a short test, do any past players have some tips to share that they wish they knew before starting?

Just the tutorial videos from the guild site tbh

ript
Mar 24, 2004

*incoming terrible post*
Are you able to check out the beta without giving them money? I'm a bit weary of founders packs since Archeage.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

ript posted:

Are you able to check out the beta without giving them money? I'm a bit weary of founders packs since Archeage.

nope, just wait 4 months.

This one is good though, as someone who bought into ArcheAge. I don't regret this one bit.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
I played this some over the summer. I thought it was pretty good. Reminded me a bit of eve but in a fantasy setting.

I really like the fact you can play however you want without classes, and I seem to remember crafting actually being fun and good.

Hopefully I will have played fallout 4 enough to get back into this some more...

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Nov 12, 2015

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Blazing, you should really emphasize that this is not a mobile MMO. A lot of people seem to be turned off by the fact that you can log in through your phone/tablet. It's a really nice convenience feature for crafting/socializing/gathering but I certainly wouldn't want to play it off of my Nexus 6P.

Maybe it'd be nice on my Nexus 9, but it's certainly not the ideal form factor.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Yeah I tried the client out on my nvidia SHIELD tablet and it wasn't the greatest experience.

The offsite isn't working at all for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Budgie posted:

Yeah I tried the client out on my nvidia SHIELD tablet and it wasn't the greatest experience.

The offsite isn't working at all for me.

http://auth.everythingisgoon.com/

Blaz take away the /login/ from the link.

• Locked thread