Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Trogdor_666 posted:

Is the new curse staff powerful? The previous one was kinda weak but the draining was fun.

Also this game is amazing i recommend everyone play it.

It sometimes critically backfires on J4Gs though

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge_McBain
Jul 24, 2012

Whisky not Whiskey

Green Knight posted:

Let me know if you guys need any additional information. I have some good contacts to the guy everyone is drinking beer with.

Can you get him to tell us why crafters are being penalised in so many areas?

I have some specific questions but don't want to mention anything too specific for fear of breaking the NDA.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Sludge_McBain posted:

Can you get him to tell us why crafters are being penalised in so many areas?

I have some specific questions but don't want to mention anything too specific for fear of breaking the NDA.

Can you tell him to tell us why crafters are being penilised in the corresponding pyramid trees vs the linear armor-type lines?

and maybe ask him a ballpark ETA on a solution for said penilisation?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Am I just being terrible? (Entirely possible) it's not letting me even get past the registration page, though it does say "Add ~code~ to your profile before you continue." but I have no idea where to add that.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Your profile on SA.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Sunber posted:

Am I just being terrible? (Entirely possible) it's not letting me even get past the registration page, though it does say "Add ~code~ to your profile before you continue." but I have no idea where to add that.

spy failed auth ban thread gas OP

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Kylra posted:

Your profile on SA.

Thanks, I get it now

FireWhizzle posted:

spy failed auth ban thread gas OP

:ohdear:

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Had my account forever but no where near 50 posts :( working towards it now i guess lol.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trogdor_666 posted:

Had my account forever but no where near 50 posts :( working towards it now i guess lol.

hello friend, please just post in this thread until you get 50 IMO

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
post many times

talk about albion

and how 50 posts is good and cool

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If i could give you 50 of my 16000 posts I would

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Posts for the fence god!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Trogdor_666 posted:

You couldn't find 50 things worth commenting on in 5 YEARS?!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FireWhizzle posted:

Can you tell him to tell us why crafters are being penilised in the corresponding pyramid trees vs the linear armor-type lines?

and maybe ask him a ballpark ETA on a solution for said penilisation?

This. I don't know why I have to craft through cloth and leather just to get to light plate.

They did a pretty good job with weapons, now they need to just round out armor balance.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
No I didn't find 50 things to post on in 5 years because I am too busy playing the games instead of posting about them ;)

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Just saw Brazzukas! we gotta mess with them again this beta and MACDONALDS them.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
BIGMAC!

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
haha should i name myself Bigmac for the beta instead of Spookykid? :P

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

This. I don't know why I have to craft through cloth and leather just to get to light plate.

They did a pretty good job with weapons, now they need to just round out armor balance.

Yeah, the balance changes are great and melee can do something now, which is nice. Just a few core system tidbits to address. I'd give the alphas from a playability score:

Winter 2015: B-
Summer 2015 NDA: C-
Summer 2015: F
Fall 2015 NDA: B

With refining shrinkage, and fixing the crafting armor system, I'd put playability at an A for sure.

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 12, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

To all those who were in it: we got the official go-ahead to talk about all the balancing stuff and new features and whanot from pre-test.

Kimsemus posted:

Armor balance is fine as far as what stats you get when on the using side. The crafting side is just twisted up. Here's a picture to help straighten that out for anyone not in pretest but was around last alpha:

These are the nodes going out by enchant level. The .Y part in tX.Y items. First node is .0 and .4, next is .2 and .5, the last is .3 and .6.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 12, 2015

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I can't be bothered with the stress test but I'm super pumped for beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Also on the power curve: it's basically 10%ish per/level tier now once you take everything into account. They finished fixing that up just before the stress test.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
what is the difference in cloth/leather/plate itself now? just the spells?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kylra posted:

Also on the power curve: it's basically 10%ish per/level tier now once you take everything into account. They finished fixing that up just before the stress test.

Seems reasonable I guess.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Trogdor_666 posted:

what is the difference in cloth/leather/plate itself now? just the spells?
Armor skills are divided up between light, medium, or heavy. And with cloth, leather and plate subvariants of each. Light/medium/heavy have different skills and specializations. Light is damage and energy, medium is cc/utility/speed, heavy is tanking. Cloth/leather/plate basically only determines the magic/phys resistance proportions.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 12, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It's kind of a weird way to do it in my opinion, but the ability distribution is a lot more mechanically sound and interesting than what it was in summer alpha.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Do we need healers, or is it like UO and anyone can heal? I ended up being a healbitch in AA because everyone sucked and I had the gear to do it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Healers are extremely useful, but not 100% a requirement outside of serious structured pvp.

It like how you can play certain mobas without a healer, but it's probably not optimal most of the time.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
We who shelled out the minimum 30 bucks or so don't get to stress test, right?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Also light armor chest gets a flat +50% bonus to damage, leather gets 25% but more resists, and heavy gets about 35-40% damage reduction over light armor. You should see this easily once you're in game.

Finndo posted:

I believe this is correct.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 12, 2015

Sludge_McBain
Jul 24, 2012

Whisky not Whiskey

Finndo posted:

Correctamundo.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
yes you need 50 or higher i think.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Trogdor_666 posted:

yes you need 50 or higher i think.

$100 gets you in earlier by a few hours I think over $50, but it started at something stupid like 7AM so its really moot. It also doesn't make sense to stagger. They should have just started everyone at 8PM EST, that hits 5PM PST everyone should be home or just home from work. Everyone could then slam the ever loving poo poo out of that server.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
yeah stagger for a stress test is dumb.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Trogdor_666 posted:

yeah swagger for a stress test is p neat.

fixed

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

Do we need healers, or is it like UO and anyone can heal? I ended up being a healbitch in AA because everyone sucked and I had the gear to do it.

Healers are always needed. Even in 5 man, open world pvp they are clutch. They were relatively rare last alpha which mean doing 5 man dungeons sucked as well. If you go healer you will get love and respect of your goon peers.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I'm goin main heals for cbt, ill come and heal you nerds any day

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Everything has probably changed but last time holy staff was my favorite weapon because it had a nuke and a heal all in one for basically zero downtime between fights. Probably something more :spergin:-efficient but I liked it. No idea what's going on now.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
A proper cleric weapon is a mace or a big fuckoff stick. Gimme a big stick! I'm gonna heal the lame and call down holy fire on some mother loving heretics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Smite and holy staff is still pretty similar to alpha. Nature got a huge overhaul. Right now holy is more of single burst heal which makes it more of a duo to 5 group weapon, while nature excels more at throughput spread over multiple people lending it more to 4 person or larger groups with more area heals and regens.

Battleaxe I think is the other major healing option, but it's basically just vampirism tank style healing.

• Locked thread