Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion is back
Nov 12, 2015

by zen death robot
up until this very day i assumed he was your run of the mill bitter sperg. i was aimlessly browsing wikipedia earlier and stumbled across this gem:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/dash-cam-footage-shows-jake-lloyd-chase-article-1.2267949

"Star Wars" actor Jake Lloyd has been struggling with the Dark Side for some time, according to a report.

The 26-year-old former child actor, who remained in jail Tuesday, suffers from serious mental health issues and attacked his mom a few months ago after going off his meds, TMZ reports.

The ex-actor's mom, Lisa, told the site Lloyd came after her at her home in Indianapolis on March 26 in a frenzy brought on by his struggles with schizophrenia.

Lloyd — who played Anakin Skywalker, the Jedi who becomes Darth Vader — shouted at his mom for "ruining" his life, knocked her down and kicked her several times during the attack, police said.

The cops were called, but Lisa decided not to press charges, the site said.

Lloyd, who quit acting in the early 2000s, has struggled with schizophrenia since he was 19, his mom said.

The report about Lloyd's mental health issues came as dramatic dash cam footage from the high-speed chase that led to his arrest showed Lloyd driving like he was trying to relive his pod-racing glory.

In video footage obtained by the Daily News from the Colleton County Sheriff's Office, the 26-year-old former child actor can be seen hurtling in his Nissan at speeds that cops say exceeded 100 miles an hour.

The Force was clearly with the other drivers on the stretch of Interstate 95 in South Carolina last Wednesday, as Lloyd dodged collisions weaving in and out of traffic while evading pursuing patrol cars. At one point, he drove fast enough on the shoulder that his car kicked up a huge trail of dust in his wake.

After a chase across two counties, Lloyd crashed through a fence, lost control and plowed into a tree.

The Hollywood has-been faces charges including reckless driving, failure to stop and driving without a driver's license, cops said.

Lloyd, born Jake Broadbent, is best known for playing Anakin Skywalker, the future Darth Vader, as a 10-year-old in 1999's "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace."

But stardom seems a long time ago and a galaxy far, far away: His last movie credit was a bit part in the 2005 sports drama, "Madison."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gagelion is back
Nov 12, 2015

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlhgAkJBos

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Hoping he said "this is pod racing" during the high speed chase, and believes he's Anakin IRL.

gagelion is back
Nov 12, 2015

by zen death robot
george lucas literally destroyed a life through his incompetence

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Wow former child actors keep topping themselves. Is this a bigger descent than even Bonaduce?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
He got shat on hard by people in his school for TPM. Dude needs to go live in the Mongolian Steppes or something, because man I bet the slightest mention of Star Wars probably sets him into a rage.

I mean, I don't blame the guy. Star wars quite literally ruined his life. When he dies, his obit will only read "was in that Star Wars"
It's like Frank Grimes over here.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
well poo poo... good luck to that little dude

:smith:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
plowed into a tree at 100mph

still alive

this i doubt

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Probably had the hell molested out of him by hollyweird actors irl. Maybe some crazy project monarch mkultra poo poo going on too

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

that article was hard to read, i think it needed more star wars references

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I feel bad for the guy schizophrenia is no joke. That never gets better only worse. It usually ends up in suicide too.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lmao at this

gagelion is back
Nov 12, 2015

by zen death robot

verbal enema posted:

lmao at this

same

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

this guy goes to cons just to make a few bucks in his hellscape of a life and fans spit on him instead of asking him for an autograph

or they spit on him while asking himn for an autograph

they always spit on him

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

plowed into a tree at 100mph

still alive

this i doubt

What a walker can't do...
A skywalker can do!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

and boy that facial hair ain't doin him any favors!

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
i wanna shove whoever wrote that into the sarlacc pit

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Remember reading about Natalie Portman having everyone thinking her a lovely actress for a decade after star wars.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Microwaves Mom posted:

What a walker can't do...
A skywalker can do!

:eyepop:

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS
I blame George Lucas.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

unmedicated schizophrenia hahaha so funny

you're a piece of poo poo op

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I think we define "hilarious" differently.

edit: hmmmm, I'm always just a step behind you, Rosso.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 12, 2015

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

that dude son of sam thought a dog was talking to him
EPIC LULZZZ

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I just wish I could get Out of Africa.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

crowoutofcontext posted:

Remember reading about Natalie Portman having everyone thinking her a lovely actress for a decade after star wars.

tbf she's middling at best, but drat she is attractive

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

gonna look up some pix of natalie portman right now cya guys in a minute

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

yup still attractive

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

edit, quote, whatever

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

it's what happens when a kid is forced to be an actor and has to give up their childhood and life to become a celebrity. they get schizophrenia and beat up their mothers.

Dengue_Fever
Sep 21, 2011

Poor little fucker..he looks like he might be enjoying himself a bit in that mugshot though..still got some fight left in him.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
keep posting about how sad you are that goons are making fun of the retard guy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The report about Lloyd's mental health issues came as dramatic dash cam footage from the high-speed chase that led to his arrest showed Lloyd driving like he was trying to relive his pod-racing glory.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
It's a pity George didn't just sacrifice him like an ancient Aztec after treating him like a king or something. this is far crueler.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Cowman posted:

it's what happens when a kid is forced to be an actor and has to give up their childhood and life to become a celebrity. they get schizophrenia and beat up their mothers.

happens everyday

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/actors/jake-lloyd-net-worth/

Worth 3.9 million.

POOR LITTLE MILLENIAL ME!
MY NAME WILL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER AND I WONT HAVE TO WORK AGAIN
I HATE YOU MOM

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

how do we know it wasnt jingle all the way that ruined his life

i mean sinbad was in that and where is he now

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

how do we know it wasnt jingle all the way that ruined his life

i mean sinbad was in that and where is he now

Sailing the seas of high adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
so what's the over-under on lloyd murdering lucas and wearing his skin in an attempt to make the voices stop?

• Locked thread