Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

:siren:THIS GAME IS CURRENTLY REOPENING, THIS OP IS OUT OF DATE FOR NOW:siren:

Hey guys, I'm going to be running an ongoing weekly 3 hour - 4 hour session campaign in DnD 5e.

I will be hosting this on Fantasy Grounds. Those of you who are unfamiliar with this, it is a VTT that will cost you absolutely nothing to play (all costs are my own). It just requires a small download of a client from here
The campaign I will be running is the Out Of The Abyss campaign, and should people like to continue, I hope to go through the other DnD 5E official campaigns such as Princes of the Apocalypse and Tyranny Of Dragons (1 & 2)

It should be noted, if you want to try DnD 5E and dont have any of the books/dont want to drop money, this is a great way to try the game (completely legal, licensed by WoTC) without needing to buy/have a single book. Ask me how it works!

Times: Next session will: DETERMINEDT

Player count: 0/6*

Platform: Fantasy Grounds + TeamSpeak 3

Starting info: Half Current EXP (ask me first!), standard pt buy or roll 4 drop 1 (rolling either do it in FG with me, or I will roll your scores beforehand). All classes and races found in PHB, EE and SCAG rulebooks. Will consider other material, just discuss with me first.

Your First night: If you're starting anew or joining the campaign for your first time on Fantasy Grounds, try to show up 30 minutes early so we can set up and ensure your character and software is working correctly before the session start.

Video: With all players permission I will record the night (from a player P.O.V) and post it in this thread each week/session. There will be no video call so your ugly mugs won't be seen but your voice will obviously need to be recorded.

Disclaimer: This is an R18 session, there will be violence/drug use/offensive language, however I will not tolerate subject matter that approaches sexual abuse of NPC/PC or otherwise. (I don't imagine it being a problem but you never know with goons some people). This also means if you are uncomfortable with any content that I do not pick up on, please PM me or contact me and let me know, I want this to be a good experience for everyone.

About your GM:
I am new to DnD with 5E, but have DM'd a group for 4-5 months now, so relatively familiar with the rules.
Being but a babby to DnD means I am all for other babbies coming along and learning the game. Do be warned, if you're a grog at worst and impatient at best this may not be the game for you.
My DM style is fairly open, if you want to do something abstract/zany I will more than likely do my best to accommodate you. I am not a heavy rules-lawyer, if there are disputes on rules I will make a decision at the time fairly quickly just to keep play moving along, and we can discuss between sessions if you have any issue/want further clarification/debate.

This will be the thread for contact between sessions, I do welcome out of character discussion during game but request that it be kept to a minimum or done in text.

Players :siren:OUT OF DATE:siren:
1. Bowmaster Joe
2. MrTargetPractice
3. Rahul
4. Will Styles
5. Monster Envy
6. pending, depending on demand

Characters:siren:OUT OF DATE:siren:
1. Tom Bardello, Bard: Level 5
2. Dagren Naris, Bard: Level 5
3. Jasmal, Cleric: Level 5
4. Milo Undertree, Rogue: Level 5
5. Clenvel, Ranger: Level 5

Recruitment is currently on hold

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L6Bervvbt4

Current Campaign

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I'm in. I'm new to D&D, but have been reading up on 5e over the past few weeks, so hopefully shouldn't be too lost. Was planning to try out a cthulu warlock.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Yeah let's do this! Hoping to play a monk.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Awesome! I've put you two in the OP now. If you both would like to download the client before wednesday, and either come on an hour or more earlier to roll your character (Or email me a completed character sheet during the week) then you'll be good to go when we start.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Think I have a mostly completed character sheet in FG. I just need to roll stats. What's the connection info for the game?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Will Styles posted:

Think I have a mostly completed character sheet in FG. I just need to roll stats. What's the connection info for the game?

Connect to the TS3 we will be using and server info will be there.
TS: ts.fg-con.com
PW: Dungeoneers

Room: OH MY GOD ITS A CHANNEL.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Our first session has concluded.
The party has begun their adventure in the Rage of Demons campaign by investigating mysterious events around the area of Hillsfar. On their travels they heard the ramblings of a dying man, and found that his words may have more bearing on the events than they might have thought.
The words have led them to a dandelion farm (analogue for opium if I ever saw one) where monstrously large wild dogs attacked children and goats gave birth to unnatural 2-headed kids. A few violent minutes after dispatching the foul beasties on of the party suffers from an unknown ailment, leading the party to a Spring of life in the hopes of curing the disease.

Videos are up here and will be linked in the OP.
Thanks for everyone who showed up, and I'll see you next week.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Just to update, I completely mistook the dates for the game and when it will be happening, and have realised now that there is a timetable clash with my exams for this coming week. Unfortunately this means I will be postponing the second session until the following week.
The new time for the next session is updated in the OP and also posted here to ensure people read it.
Next Session : Wednesday, 2nd December, 10pm PST

EDIT: Disregard. If people show we can have the game.

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 24, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
When you can. I am interested in applying for this.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

When you can. I am interested in applying for this.

Feel free to PM me or email me at gib_niblets at hotmail.com with some information on the class you'd like to play and your experience/expectations and I'll throw you first in line if I need to replace anyone, or take a 6th player on.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Regarding a session for this week, if it were to go ahead, who can still make it?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I can make it.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Joe and Khajen are also available, so just need to hear from Will and targetpractice and we've got a game.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I'm in

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

There's a chance I might be up to 15-20 min late tonight, sorry. Will try and get there on time if I can

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Rahul posted:

There's a chance I might be up to 15-20 min late tonight, sorry. Will try and get there on time if I can

That ok.

Server is up, will be on TS3 shortly. We will begin when all are on.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Our second session was a little shorter tonight as we had a player need to leave early, and at my decision we stopped before continuing on with the story.
The party is currently investigating a rather disturbing farm which has signs pointing at possible ritualistic activities and sacrifices made using what seems to be an entire herd of rothe.

After facing their toughest challenge yet, a two-foot wide puddle, the group has come together at the foot of a deep pit, ready to discover what mysteries this tunnel holds.

Second sessions video is up here.
MonsterEnvy, I have received your emails and have added you to a waitlist should a spot arise, or another game be started.

Thanks everyone who showed up for the session.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
K Email me I guess if you want to open the spot.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Some news about December's games.
I will not be running the campaign on 23th or 30st of December, leaving our final session of the year to be 16th December, with the first of 2016 on the 6th of January. Alternatively if we have suggestions of good days that people are free earlier than that, or want to do more sessions leading up to those dates please post interest here.
As usual I will not be playing extra/different nights unless the group is 100% available. No leaving behind others for extra sessions.
Thanks!

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Those days coincide pretty nicely with my own holidays. I'm keen to try and squeeze in some extra sessions around them though. I was thinking when I get home maybe I make a Google calendar where we all indicate times we might be available?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Session tonight!

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Woo! Time to go to drow prison.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Another session completed, the group finds themselves in an unwelcoming Drow prison in the underdark. Milo and Dagren attempt a daring escape will the rest of the group shovel poo poo down a pipe.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Game tonight everyone, hope you can all make it! Server is already up if you want to piss around on it.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Still got it up? Can't seem to connect. Was hoping to do a little reading up on the SCAG module.

edit: nevermind, I'm in now

Rahul fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 17, 2015

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

I'll be around next week for this game if anyone is around.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I'm around next week and the week after if we want to get in any make-up sessions.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Should be available from next Friday on, maybe earlier if there's decent internet where I'm staying.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Finished up our final scheduled game for the year, things are going well (I think) for the group who are well and truly free from their bonds in the Drow Slavers' pens.
Next session will be in the new year, and I will PM or post here for potential one shots. Also, if you want to run something, shout out!

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I might possibly give DM'ing a one-shot a go. I'm going to spend the next week reading up on a module/practicing on Fantasy Grounds. I'll probably hit you up on TS sometime to see if you've got any tips.
I'm thinking of maybe trying it sometime between Christmas and New Years?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Rahul posted:

I might possibly give DM'ing a one-shot a go. I'm going to spend the next week reading up on a module/practicing on Fantasy Grounds. I'll probably hit you up on TS sometime to see if you've got any tips.
I'm thinking of maybe trying it sometime between Christmas and New Years?

Sounds good, message me on the FG forums if you dont have PMs here, that'd be the best bit to get ahold of me any time of day.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Games restarting this week, hope everyone can make it!

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Spiteski posted:

Games restarting this week, hope everyone can make it!

I have a bad feeling Milo is going to die like 10 minutes into this session :ohdear:

Looking forward to it though!

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Looking forward as hell to tomorrows game.
Will, check your PMs

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Hey guys, really sorry for short notice, but no game tonight, I'm not going to be able to run it. Sorry! Look forward to next week, though!

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sorry, but same again this week, I wont be able to run as I'll be home too late to begin. Really sorry everyone >.<

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I don't know what everyone's schedule looks like, but would y'all be keen for a makeup game sometime over the next week, if we can manage to find a time that would work for everyone?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I could do a Sunday PST same start time?

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I'm free at the normal start time most nights of the week. If everyone else is around I'm down.

Edit: I could actually even make it a few hours early if everyone else can, but I can't really start later :(

Will Styles fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Same here. Normal start time for most days should be fine. Sunday PST works for me

• Locked thread