Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the migf strikes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

I've got a whole bunch of driving lined up for thanksgiving and the following days:

16 hours of driving and you're never not on the east coast. sounds like some kind of sick game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
migf, pm binow for all the deets on the new thread jokes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gravel Gravy posted:

Long distance relationships suck yall

did you get a dear john letter.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
is she loving someone who is now driving your car around

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LorrdErnie posted:

he got probated for exaggerating his mushroom trip

lol. i missed that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh. No.

Although if she were driving my car she'd be up here and then it wouldn't be so long distance

No, the DUDE driving your car around. I saw that happen to somebody once and it was hilarious.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

driving cross the middle is the same landscape repeated for a good 20 hours if you speed, more if you don't, with only the brief interruption of the immediate mississippi crossing area.

anything that's not the yukon or bc sucks for the most part imo.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gravel Gravy posted:

I just hit the clicker and it honked at me so I think we're ok

Who knows though those Iranians be sneaky

And she didn't seem to approve of me sending inspectors so who knows :shrug:

who knows what she's up to then. stay safe.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
what the gently caress do ya'll know about application of force. i'd be best suited for ik

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spaceman Future! posted:

Listen, strange posters lyin' in wait distributin' problematic dogpiles is no basis for a system of thread governance. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical fuckbarrel ceremony.

it's quite problematic how quick you are to toss the values that have made this revolution great to the trash heap when it suits you "comrade."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

When I drove cross country and back, I made sure to pull 1000-1200 mile days to minimize time spent in the boring areas

I pulled a 2,000 mile day from portland to illinois for the same reason. it was hell. i remember i held accelerate on cruise control until my durango stopped going faster, and then leaned my seat back and drove through nebraska and iowa with one eye open because i was so tired.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
rye bread is poo poo.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

Rye bread is great

anything that bitter better get me drunk or it can get out of my face

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

I've never had bitter rye bread. Only some that's a bit sweet

i don't know what word you want to describe it with, but "good" is not it. my body reacts to it the same way it reacts to a mouthful of sand. head down, mouth open, tongue move and just let it like fall out, so you don't accidentally get some on your lips.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
when i was driving through the yukon at night, there was a stretch where i went hours and hours and hours without seeing so much as an oncoming car. it was really ominous. then i got to this one corner where they had made like a temporary road and bridge, and i look over the river, and the temporary road was there because the old bridge had collapsed. the same exact style of bridge i'd crossed about 20 of already. i can't even imagine how dead i'd have been if one of those fuckers had collapsed on me.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Badger of Basra posted:

page 8 best page for first posts

"jihadi john"

i miss when we thought lil jinny was jihadi john

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

I salute your service, Volkerball, and feel that national service should both result in expanded & expedited priviledges while also being made compulsory.

With that said, rye bread is not poo poo. It is not poo poo on its own; it is not poo poo on a reuben; it is not poo poo on a rachel.

Might I recommend expanding your experience of rye bread via patronage of a hyde park kosher deli? There is one in particular that I would recommend to you, if you are willing to make the commitment to earnestly and honestly indulge yourself in Jewish culture for a period of 30-60 minutes.

do they have burgers or no

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you buy yeast for something other than dirt cheap homebrew mead

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

site posted:

Okay, then please accept my apologies. I'm sorry.

I thought you were being antagonistic. :/

She seems a little bit... ahem... mature to be a proper sft.

the eye in the back is 1:1 scale

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

he's your natural posting ally

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ban the migf coalition

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Soup du Jour posted:

i hope this winter is as bad as 2013's and you freeze in your hobbit-hole

but yes

i will cut you

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Just got off work and what the gently caress

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Berke Negri posted:

if a bomb has gone off you can be pretty confident that everything you hear for the next 48 hours is just reaching speculation

well a bomb definitely went off. you can hear it on the tv broadcast for the france/germany game

https://vine.co/v/iBb2x00UVlv

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's bad when the hockey and football people i follow on twitter are even reporting on the attack.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fade5 posted:

you probably should

it's like yeah people are freaked out, some of them have friends and family in Paris

I mean hell, didn't Petey have someone he knew killed in an attack?

The little kid that was killed was his friends son or something like that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kustomkarkommando posted:

It would be pretty surreal if a famous rock band where killed in a hostage situation by terrorists

Queens of the Stone Age is pretty famous, and their frontman was in the band at the theater.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I knew about the Eagles of Death Metal before the terrorist attack you poser

I did not, but I like "Go With the Flow" and "No One Knows."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Berke Negri posted:

someone posted in the live thread that this is the largest terrorist attack in Frances history but that doesn't sound right to me

If the 60 number is right, it passes 56 killed in the London attack. That would put it 2nd in modern European history.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
serves me right for trusting twitter.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kalstrams posted:

60 would put it place 5, no? above 60 we have cyprus 284, bologna, nord-ost, and brejvik - was there more?

Lockerbie.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
saw cool bear posting, came for wisdom. got it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i was skeptical about the nfl wearing camoflauge stuff because it seemed self flagellating but then i noticed while i was watching the game on sunday that i didn't have tbi anymore

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bake some bread

not rye

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Disinterested posted:

I remember when VB said it's ridiculous for anyone to maintain Saudi is anywhere near as bad as Iran

good times

That explosion was so big because it hit an underground munitions depot at an air defense base. It's not exactly Ghouta.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Badger of Basra posted:

i heard if you say "iran" three times into a mirror in a dark room, volkerball appears and calls you a terrorist

it's true. i don't get a lot of sleep because of it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

I have a song to share. Looking back on it, McCain was right in '07, and I was wrong to criticize McCain for singing this song:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGPw_LBiRA

bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb iran
from afghanistan

went to a mosque, gonna throw some rocks
tell the ayatolah "gonna put you in a box"

bomb iran
bomb iran

our country's got a feeling, really hit the ceiling
bomb iran