Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
hahahah Rogan called Holly Holm "Ma'am" in the weigh-in interview.

e: oh, he called Ronda that too.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Good action at the weigh ins folks

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Oh Esther, honey, that filter...

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Wild Horses posted:

Good action at the weigh ins folks

im the shoe

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm a poster on an internet comedy forum and not actually anything in that picture.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bluedeanie posted:

Oh Esther, honey, that filter...

i'd agree if it wasn't the most perfect shot of ronda

CommonShore posted:

She sounded like Ricky from TPB when he's pissed off.

joe, smokes come on, let's go

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
yeah, I guess Ronda did have a reason to be pissed. Might be a plan by Holly, Ronda at her most respectful and "merciful" says she goes for quick finishes. Well, Holly wants Ronda to come out swinging and try to hurt her, so maybe she decided she needed to piss her off, and Ronda's coaches might now be telling her to stick with the game plan.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Northjayhawk posted:

yeah, I guess Ronda did have a reason to be pissed. Might be a plan by Holly, Ronda at her most respectful and "merciful" says she goes for quick finishes. Well, Holly wants Ronda to come out swinging and try to hurt her, so maybe she decided she needed to piss her off, and Ronda's coaches might now be telling her to stick with the game plan.

lmfao

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
Ronda's speech at the weigh-ins seemed more contrived and obnoxious than Holm's. I'm not a huge Ronda fan, but that made me want to see her lose just a little bit.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Northjayhawk posted:

stop thinking.

ronda spazzed out and unintentionally won the fight right there. i've never seen anyone as shook as holly

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
was her shithead armenian trainer at the weigh ins?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

i'd agree if it wasn't the most perfect shot of ronda

Actually rewatching the weigh-ins, that might have been organic light pollution. There was some kind of strobe going off stage left.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

loving so hyped.

How did Champion look?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Captain Log posted:

loving so hyped.

How did Champion look?

she looked drained as usual, but she was acting hilarious. she was talking poo poo to valerie from the moment she walked up the stairs, while taking her clothes off, getting weighed, and then in the face off.

i was dying laughing when mark hunt walked in already in his weigh in trunks, needing to pull them up walking up the stairs.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
I thought Letorneau looked worse, really.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Skip My Posts posted:

was her shithead armenian trainer at the weigh ins?

Yes, but so was Travis Browne, so we can't really be sure who gave her the idea to flip out and attack a woman.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Tyree posted:

she looked drained as usual, but she was acting hilarious. she was talking poo poo to valerie from the moment she walked up the stairs, while taking her clothes off, getting weighed, and then in the face off.

i was dying laughing when mark hunt walked in already in his weigh in trunks, needing to pull them up walking up the stairs.

Any video of her stateddown? I think Joanna's is terrifying.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Captain Log posted:

Any video of her stateddown? I think Joanna's is terrifying.
You could just like, click the youtube link on the previous page and skip to the last quarter, but Dana tweeted a clip. Also one of Rousey/Holm.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

POST HERE

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750716&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

K8.0 posted:

Yes, but so was Travis Browne, so we can't really be sure who gave her the idea to flip out and attack a woman.

lmao

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Tyree posted:

I liked when she took an extra 2 minutes to put her pants, socks, and shoes on before she bothered to do the staredown.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Tyree posted:

Joanna was commenting on her twitter that her weight cut went well so despite appearances I think she will be fine.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
5 bucks on the ghost of Perosh

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Nierbo posted:

5 bucks on the ghost of Perosh

i can't fathom a scenario where this comes off for you. villante has had some extremely average performances but none bad enough to suggest he'd lose 2 rounds to perosh.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
good wrist control by ronda

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this seems like a stupid idea https://instagram.com/p/-CYOTqPKWa/

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
that seems like a godawful way to watch anything; I've never seen that many rows of flat seating at any event. is this common for UFC arena setups?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The issue is that they're doing the event at Etihad stadium which is used for AFL games, that require a huge pitch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ehhh not quite what i was getting at http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-11/darts-tournament-chaos-as-melbourne-crowd-throws-furniture/6010784

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

all I can see is Anderson Silva's tibia snapping, ten thousand times.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Lid posted:

The issue is that they're doing the event at Etihad stadium which is used for AFL games, that require a huge pitch.

does Melbourne not have better arenas to do stuff like this in? I guess I'm not that familiar with what buildings UFC tends to run, compared to, say, WWE, which pretty much only runs basketball arenas unless it's Mania

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

abraham linksys posted:

does Melbourne not have better arenas to do stuff like this in? I guess I'm not that familiar with what buildings UFC tends to run, compared to, say, WWE, which pretty much only runs basketball arenas unless it's Mania

Not really, most stadiums here are for the big three - AFL, Rugby League and Cricket. AFL and cricket are played on the same size ground and League usually fits in there too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Are there any undercard fights I should care about or can I just roll up in the middle of the fox prelims

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.

abraham linksys posted:

It seems like after the rumored Cowboys Stadium card didn't materialize the UFC just said gently caress it let's put Ronda in a stadium anyways, even if it doesn't have a gently caress off massive screen for the cheap seats to watch. And then they went to Wal-Mart and bought an incredible amount of white plastic chairs.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Is Joe Rogan crying yet

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LordPants posted:

Are there any undercard fights I should care about or can I just roll up in the middle of the fox prelims

depends on your definition of 'care about' but i predict nguyen / benoit, walsh / kennedy, vaculik / martinez and matthews / arreaola will all be very interesting. in fact, i predict many finishes on the undercard. unfornately perosh will likely be on the receiving end of one.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

The main ones are:
MCG which holds 100k and is open air
Etihad Stadium which is the current venue
AAMI Park which holds about 40k and is open air.
Rod Laver Arena which is a multi purpose venue where tennis, basketball, concerts etc are played

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
My buddies have been doing some good work this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkYiW0fwxS8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUS5Zty7c6M

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

I'm surprised betting sites aren't taking bets on which minute of the first round Ronda will win it in.

Whatever site Ariel uses on the MMA Hour for betting odds had the minute by minute odds listed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

ariel is right, the submission radio guys are good. good job to you and your friends.

• Locked thread