Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

You got me playing this again, as austria, france just out of the blue decides to kick my teeth in, I don't even get an event to drive things just "things take a turn for the worse, and each turn closer and then war in 1901"

I'm winning the crusier battles at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Being austria is hard as gently caress.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

We must be decisive

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

You should also consider making some max weight CLs with 8 inch batteries and 7 inch secondaries. Relatively cheap and able to do some damage to the enemies screen.

(I had improved 8 and 7 inches by the time I started them and so they just eviceserated a flock of old enemy CAs, taking out twice your tonnage with no losses is very good.)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Wait till he realizes that russia has core holdings in northeast asia. (vladivostok is part of the russian core and has 400 base points. ENJOY)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TheDemon posted:

There's no point to building these as CLs. Specify CA and you can actually put armor to resist tiny guns on them, while still not pushing the tonnage past 8000. They still get put into all the same battles.

Speed, though it might be the way I build them, can you show me a design?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TheDemon posted:

I've sent in the revolutionary half a dozen times and although about half of them I gained some unrest too, the enemy government always collapsed before mine did. The trick is to only use him when your own unrest is low and you know your enemy has some.

The moment the war ends the revolutionary goes away, so he's more of a finisher than anything.

This.

Now the good thing is, russia has a blockade disadvantage, their ships are only worth 70% of normal blockade strength. (GB is worth 110%)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TheDemon posted:

If you had sent in the revolutionary...

This, russia is pretty vulnerable to revolutionaries in my experience.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Allies are much better than I thought, and alliances should be pursued when the option occured, because you can use their bases for maintaining and they will help you blockade.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fleet in being with battlecruisers an option?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

My current game as US I am absolutely slaughtering the british and russian fleets in small scale battlecruiser vs battleship/battlecruiser fights.

Go with that

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I just finished my my fun round yet, running out as usa. I got into war after war after war and enjoyed every moment of it,

Even after 4 rounds of the president having me build 14 cls to please him.

my "doctrine" ended up having a heavy bc in every area I controlled territory, a titanic swarm of cls that would travel to each enemy zone with colonies and cause invasions (so I steal their poo poo.) and a fleet of fast battleships to engage the enemy line, at once.

(us economy grows to insane in this game, no matter what they will end the game with the most resources barring some disaster.)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Goeban is actually fairly undergunned, she is only throwing 13 inchers in 1917. still probably a bit thin but she simply can't stand up against the larger barrels that exist now. (and she won't intend to except the ai is dumb.)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

The late game when armored cruisers are extinct, I'm starting to buy the idea that there's nothing for battlecruisers to do. They only fight other battlecruisers, so basically you either build a 29 knot demi-battleship like Hood at a whopping 46,000 tons, or you give up.

Steal territory from your enemies.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

From the patchnotes thread:

It looks pretty.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Well I'm not going to invade Belgium at least.

Well I suppose that's something to ask the thread: should we end the war next time the French offer concessions because we're so scared the Royal Navy might get mad at us for no reason, or should we clean up all their Asian colonies?

I thought of a new game: guess how many 40,000+ ton warships Britain has? :stonk:

Less than the US has at this point.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Night10194 posted:

It kind of sucks for the dude brave enough to jump on a torpedo for his ship that it ended up accomplishing nothing.

He kept it up for another 5 hours or so, in fact he might have prevented the sinking entirely if proper damage control had been conducted.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think you should play as austria and go for controlling the med, NO SHIP ABOVE SHORT RANGE AND CRAMPED QUARTERS! HAIL THE DUAL MONARCHY.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Asehujiko posted:

Why do superimposed rear turrets unlock before superimposed front turrets? Was this historically the case as well? Related to weight distribution?

Technologies are not unlocked sequentially per say, it is variable and random with basically a "historical" time it should show up but you might get it earlier or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Iowa's camo makes it look like a grump face on front.

Harump dang blasted carriers stealin all the fun.

:sigh:

• Locked thread