Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
COLLEGE BASKETBALL IS BACK

AP Top 25 posted:

1 North Carolina
2 Kentucky
3 Maryland
4 Kansas
5 Duke
6 Virginia
7 Iowa State
8 Oklahoma
9 Gonzaga
10 Wichita St
11 Villanova
12 Arizona
13 Michigan State
14 California
15 Indiana
16 Utah
17 Wisconsin
18 Vanderbilt
19 Notre Dame
20 Connecticut
21 LSU
22 Baylor
23 Purdue
24 Butler
25 Michigan

A guide to the November early tourneys: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25262144/ranking-the-best-of-college-hoops-2015-november-tournaments
Thread title source: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/tim-sullivan/2015/10/02/sullivan-pitinos-doubts-not-denials/73247354/

GET EXCITED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Just dropping by this thread to say that Mississippi State is relevant again. In six months, Ben Howland signed a 5* and two 4*s last class, and a 5* and 5 4*s this coming class.

I'm so glad that we aren't poo poo anymore! Thanks for firing him, UCLA, and thanks for pointing him in our direction Adidas!

We kept Dave Rice instead of hiring him :negative:

edit: I shouldn't be too down since the first game is tomorrow night, but I just don't think Dave Rice is the guy. I seem to be the only one to remember the CBI poo poo last season.

Lessail fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Nov 13, 2015

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can we still say gently caress Duke?

Because gently caress Duke.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
There's no Gameday thread yet and I don't wanna make one because someone else would do a way better job so I just wanted to drop in and say gently caress a Colorado Buffalo. God bless.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Of course. You know this is a safe place.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
gently caress duke go cayuts

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
UK/Albany is gonna be a weird game because I attended both of those schools.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

uncurable mlady posted:

UK/Albany is gonna be a weird game because I attended both of those schools.

The hierarchy of fandom says cheer for your undergrad institution in this situation.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Go Pack

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

as the only person here who watches regular season gator basketball I would like to declare that nothing that happens this year could possibly be worse than this

so I am excited for the season to begin

go gators

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Why isn't it four o'clock yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W-RhC7cKsM

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
looks like i picked the wrong weekend to get married

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Actually the loving is going on at Louisville.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Actually the loving is going on at Louisville.

And the woman behind it has agreed to talk to the NCAA. Bad news for Pitino.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Obviously its just all blackmail.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They should get Cheick Diallo figured out first. Of course, looking through 2000 pieces of homework does sound a lot less interesting than talking to literal whores.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Let Cheick play. Who knows why it's taken so long to begin with.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Bradley Braves have 10 Freshman, 1 Sophmore, 1 Jr, 1 Sr. Gonna be an interesting as gently caress year. I hope Brian Wardle is good at building teams.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Who exactly do vandy and purdue have that makes them good?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I am super stoked to watch a game in a sport that my school isn't terrible at today.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Will be fun to see a lot of young guys for OSU.

Also, reminder of rule changes. Time for pregame dunks! And apparently arm bars being applied under the basket?

quote:

Shot clock reduced from 35 seconds to 30 seconds.
Restricted area arc expanded from three feet to four feet
Reduction of 30-second timeouts from four to three; only two carry over to the second half.
A 30-second timeout called within 30 seconds of a media timeout will become the media timeout.
Coaches can only call timeouts during a dead ball situation.
The 10-second backcourt count resets except when a defender causes the ball go out of bounds; offense retains possession on a held ball; or a technical foul is called on the offensive team.
Removed the five-second closely guarded count on a dribble.
Guarding in the post: Arm bar allowed in the post area when offense has back to the basket with or without the ball.
Airborne shooter charge plays — cannot score basket; player-control foul.
Removed the prohibition against dunking the ball while the ball is dead; teams will be allowed to dunk during pregame and halftime.
When a defensive player is clearly not going to contact a jump shooter (fly by), the offensive player cannot "seek out" the defender.
Officials can penalize a player for faking being fouled only when the officials are conducting monitor review for a flagrant foul.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

I am super stoked to watch a game in a sport that my school isn't terrible at today.

gently caress, you beat met to it. #7 ISU going to find new and exciting ways to crush my soul this season!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

Also, reminder of rule changes. Time for pregame dunks! And apparently arm bars being applied under the basket?

MMA style arm bars would be pretty fierce.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Is this the year USC will regain respectability and win more than 50% of their games?

No, it won't :smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Athanatos posted:

Bradley Braves have 10 Freshman, 1 Sophmore, 1 Jr, 1 Sr. Gonna be an interesting as gently caress year. I hope Brian Wardle is good at building teams.

Sounds like a sexy tournament upset pick in 2019.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kiimo posted:

They should get Cheick Diallo figured out first. Of course, looking through 2000 pieces of homework does sound a lot less interesting than talking to literal whores.

What are they even looking for at this point? Handwriting that looks slightly different or something?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I'm going to miss the 5 second closely guarded call, but I cant remember it being called too much to begin with anyway. I love a good 5 second stop about as much I love a guy who takes a charge. I am an old man.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Guys, where is Hoiberg? What happened? Is something wrong? Are we letting an assistant coach because Fred had parent-teacher conferences or something?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Guys, where is Hoiberg? What happened? Is something wrong? Are we letting an assistant coach because Fred had parent-teacher conferences or something?

It's ok, he's doing some post-doc work in Chicago.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

Too busy losing to Andrew Wiggins again. :smuggo:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I made a GDT so I can complain about ISU's poor shooting.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751378

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

I made a GDT so I can complain about ISU's poor shooting.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751378

Bless you, child.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thoguh posted:

I'd suggest using the phrase "Wait till basketball season" but unfortunately KU fans have already copyrighted it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

I'd suggest using the phrase "Wait till basketball season" but unfortunately KU fans have already copyrighted it.

y'all gonna need to sue the heck out of them then

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Thoguh posted:

According to Bulls fans he'll be back in a few weeks

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PotatoJudge posted:

According to Bulls fans he'll be back in a few weeks

I hope we kept the receipt.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Iowa State is undefeated, woooo!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

Iowa State is undefeated, woooo!

Best record in the country. :smug:

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Metapod posted:

Who exactly do vandy and purdue have that makes them good?

Purdue has ridiculous size up front with AJ Hammons, Isaac Haas and 5 star freshman Caleb Swanigan. Vince Edwards is also really good.
The PG position could be an issue for them but otherwise, they're deep and well balanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
For some reason WatchESPN is not working for the MSU-FAU game.

• Locked thread