Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

Im selling bacon and egg rolls at the market tommorow but bought rind on bacon by accident. What do i do with all these bacon rinds.

cook that poo poo. it will make the bacon more crispy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

cook that poo poo. it will make the bacon more crispy

I ended up using it to cook constantly so bacon smoke permeated every area of the market. Then id eat it as a snack. I think ive got more than a kilo left i might freeze it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

I ended up using it to cook constantly so bacon smoke permeated every area of the market. Then id eat it as a snack. I think ive got more than a kilo left i might freeze it.

got some pork rinds. nice. they last forever

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

got some pork rinds. nice. they last forever

Im in australia ive only got a vague idea what pork rinds are as a snack. Im guessing you cook em crispy and eat them cold?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

Im in australia ive only got a vague idea what pork rinds are as a snack. Im guessing you cook em crispy and eat them cold?

yeah

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sounds alright but i think after a few id be getting the salties pretty bad. I got all these projects i gotta do but i keep getting afternoon drunk.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

Sounds alright but i think after a few id be getting the salties pretty bad. I got all these projects i gotta do but i keep getting afternoon drunk.

I don't think anyone uses pig skin anymore. It's all flavored corn puffs now

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Isaac posted:

it's not the same as bacon rind. pork rinds are from fresh pork skin and fat which is then deep fried, but bacon rinds are just the outside part of a slab of bacon, including skin and other parts that are on the outside of the slab.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

it's not the same as bacon rind. pork rinds are from fresh pork skin and fat which is then deep fried, but bacon rinds are just the outside part of a slab of bacon, including skin and other parts that are on the outside of the slab.

the rind on bacon is the skin

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the rind on bacon is the skin
yeah but it's salt cured and smoked which means that's not what they use for pork rinds

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I ate a bag of pork rinds once then spent two days with diarrhea.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think in aus we call the crispy skin on a pork roast or belly 'crackling' and the edge of bacon rind. Both skin though. People eat crackling as very salty snack but i dunno about bacond rind.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

is that why theyre so mealy. i tried a packet once not long ago and they were all mealy and weird.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nubile Hillock posted:

I ate a bag of pork rinds once then spent two days with diarrhea.
That's how you know you're muslim. The diarrhea was God's wrath

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah but it's salt cured and smoked which means that's not what they use for pork rinds

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

That's how you know you're muslim. The diarrhea was God's wrath

Allah i think is very upfront about being forgiving and merciful. Hes not like old testament god.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Isaac posted:

I think in aus we call the crispy skin on a pork roast or belly 'crackling' and the edge of bacon rind. Both skin though. People eat crackling as very salty snack but i dunno about bacond rind.
in the US we usually call the harder denser ones cracklings and lighter puffier ones pork rinds

yeah well that's not correct

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Isaac posted:

Im selling bacon and egg rolls at the market tommorow but bought rind on bacon by accident. What do i do with all these bacon rinds.

My friends and I blew bout 1.5kgs last weekend on south beach

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

in the US we usually call the harder denser ones cracklings and lighter puffier ones pork rinds

That makes sense. Im gonna makea some pork rinds on tuesday maybe. If im getting all american is there some kind of 'hot sauce' variation on this.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Isaac posted:

That makes sense. Im gonna makea some pork rinds on tuesday maybe. If im getting all american is there some kind of 'hot sauce' variation on this.
Eh, usually just plain. Sometimes we eat them with Louisiana Hot Sauce

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

Eh, usually just plain. Sometimes we eat them with Louisiana Hot Sauce

Do you cook them with the sauce orput it on after or dip it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

Do you cook them with the sauce orput it on after or dip it.

dip it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is tabasco sauce a hot sauce or is it a more viscous thing.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Isaac posted:

hot sauce, which (I dunno, maybe it's the same in Aus?) in the US is basically a runny vinegary cayenne pepper sauce

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

hot sauce, which (I dunno, maybe it's the same in Aus?) in the US is basically a runny vinegary cayenne pepper sauce

What consistency are we talking compared to say tomato sauce

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is cayenne pepper a chilli or a capsicum

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

in america we can buy tobasco. its a hot sause

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
It just drips out like a dropper how am i gonna fill a dipping container with that

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I wish I was a cool young man who did bacon selling at the market, and had a girlfriend.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

It just drips out like a dropper how am i gonna fill a dipping container with that

cup your hands, bitch

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Isaac posted:

just spread them on a saucer and sprinkle it on top there's no need to dip friend

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Isaac posted:

loving pour it on top of the food instead of dipping it you weirdo foreigner!!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nubile Hillock posted:

its mr. all pork is made of corns Pumpy Muffins that said to dip it tho

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nubile Hillock posted:

Someone said dipping earlier itt. Ill pour.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Dipping into a tabasco-type sauce usually leads to a sub-par sauce experience as the flavor is sort of overpowering and it's not good in and of itself, as it's quite vinegary. Dripping sauce onto each individual piece as you eat it (tabasco usually has a tip conducive to small drips) or dripping sauce all over the plate of food is superior.

Personally, I would forgo the tabasco entirely and get some sweet thai chili sauce.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nubile Hillock posted:

Dipping into a tabasco-type sauce usually leads to a sub-par sauce experience as the flavor is sort of overpowering and it's not good in and of itself, as it's quite vinegary. Dripping sauce onto each individual piece as you eat it (tabasco usually has a tip conducive to small drips) or dripping sauce all over the plate of food is superior.

Personally, I would forgo the tabasco entirely and get some sweet thai chili sauce.

I like this idea and thats what im bringing to the table moving forward

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Isaac posted:

Im not some kind of bacon terrorist

I wait a lifetime for a thread like this to come round and my phone autocorrects 'frown' to 'from' and makes me look like a rank amateur :saddowns:

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
:chanpop:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I wait a lifetime for a thread like this to come round and my phone autocorrects 'frown' to 'from' and makes me look like a rank amateur :saddowns:

*looks 2 the star bowen*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you should sexually interfere with the rinds, OP

• Locked thread