Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I grew up in the early 90s, gently caress "safe spaces".....kids today are soft as hell, which I'ms sure older kids said about us. gently caress SJWs, these people are complete against freedom...... if they don't like "free speech", I'm sure North Korea would be very welcoming to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gagelion is back
Nov 12, 2015

by zen death robot
the pussification of america

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

hell, many people today think bullying is bad when, in fact, its good

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jenny Agutter posted:

hell, many people today think bullying is bad when, in fact, its good

Me and my friends were bullies and we're the coolest people we know.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
what's wrong with the pussification of america? i happen to like pussy

Turkman
Oct 25, 2015
Bullying is a quality way to put a fuckwit in his/her goddamn place.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
are you one of those idiot goons who thinks he lived the hard knock life because he ate the crust on his pizza?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
While im thinking about high school. Once this real bad kid thought i was drinking beer but jolt creaming soda must jave looked like beer. Halfway through class he gestures me over to have a shot of scotch with him. We might have been 12 or 13.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The Pussification of America has been happening since the end of WW2. hth

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

theyve upped the number of permits this year but people dont think its enough. the pussys are multiplying at an alarming rate. everyone in the neighborhood has a story: gardens torn up, piles of scat in the backyard, car totaled when one bolted into the road at night. theres talk of bringing in crack snipers from new zealand to cull their numbers from the air. everyones a little on edge. we all worry about the pussification

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
no diggity, no doubt

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you leave that country, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell across the border, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jenny Agutter posted:

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you leave that country, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell across the border, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said

Can you link the nanowrimo page this is my favourite

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
"the new generations are weak and dumb" is literally the oldest meme, but I think there's at least some truth to it. Know some old guys from like, 3 generations ago that were building rafts and hunting rabbits and poo poo at 13, while nowadays Kayden's biggest adventure is when his mom's not around and he's allowed to eat gluten while playing on his ipad

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
is a safe space a gun free zone

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
None of you losers were bullies

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Dave Concepcion posted:

are you one of those idiot goons who thinks he lived the hard knock life because he ate the crust on his pizza?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

plain blue jacket posted:

None of you losers were bullies

Uhhh did you see the post where i said i was

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

two yoots

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I grew up enjoying a fight now and then, these kids grew up enjoying the overuse of hysterical monotone rhetoric, it's all relative maaannnnnnn

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's a fine line in parenting. You're too protective and you get worthless whiny millenials who want to hide in a safe space all day. Too loose, like letting your 6 year old disappear for hours on their bike before bothering to check on them, well then they either drown in a mine pit or get abducted or something. True story.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
There are kids right now having all sorts of venom and meanness beat into them by their environments, worry not.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Barris posted:

There are kids right now having all sorts of venom and meanness beat into them by their environments, worry not.

may god bless u jim barris

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

There's a fine line in parenting. You're too protective and you get worthless whiny millenials who want to hide in a safe space all day. Too loose, like letting your 6 year old disappear for hours on their bike before bothering to check on them, well then they either drown in a mine pit or get abducted or something. True story.

I could go walk off and go to the shops or whatever when i was like 8. I got my fill so now im an adult i cant post on computer

Edit- can

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Dave Concepcion posted:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Kids these days are weak

Have yo ever tried fighting one? Easy as fikck

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

being a pussy is actually good

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Nubile Hillock posted:

"the new generations are weak and dumb" is literally the oldest meme, but I think there's at least some truth to it. Know some old guys from like, 3 generations ago that were building rafts and hunting rabbits and poo poo at 13, while nowadays Kayden's biggest adventure is when his mom's not around and he's allowed to eat gluten while playing on his ipad

This is p. much true though. My parents had no idea what my friends and I were doing or where we were most of the time and this was when cellphones were the size of a breadbin. Whereas I wouldn't even let my kids cycle to the end of the street for fear some oval office will run them over. On the plus side less middle class kids get accidentally killed, on the minus side this generation will probably be so loving irritating that in 10 years we'll wish a few more of them had been.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Wizard Master

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Saga posted:

Whereas I wouldn't even let my kids cycle to the end of the street for fear some oval office will run them over.

what in the gently caress is wrong with you?

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool
He's a pussy

Put your kids on a bike at the top of a steep hill and let them go

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool
Send your kids into the desert without food or water. When they return they will be men. Even the girls.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
this thread is sexist

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

proof of concept posted:

what in the gently caress is wrong with you?

And apparently everyone else in this country, because you don't see young children randomly playing in the streets. I think there's only 5 or 6 kids in our neighbourhood who routinely get turfed out and they're all 14 or 15.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool
What's up with kids these days? Not knowin the simple joys of stick and hoop, or throwing rocks at dogs

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

"Safe space" is synonymous with echo chamber where you don't hear opinions you don't like

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

fuckin kids these days i tell ya what why in my day we walked to school uphill both ways in the snow AND WE LIKED IT

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Saga posted:

And apparently everyone else in this country, because you don't see young children randomly playing in the streets. I think there's only 5 or 6 kids in our neighbourhood who routinely get turfed out and they're all 14 or 15.

this doesn't answer the question I asked, which was about you and your decisions

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know a handful of people under the age of 21 and 3 of them are gender fluid which seems like probably a not overly tough thing to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Jim Barris posted:

So true and so sad--thanks for the wisdom, brother.

• Locked thread