Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Applewhite posted:

This but only semi-ironically.

Zero tolerance against bullying is as stupid as all any other zero tolerance policy, and a better way to combat bullying is to teach victim kids to toughen up.

Well yeah, this is the point of a whole lot of other stuff too. Think about how we fight most viruses - we don't rely on anti-virals and poo poo, we use vaccines to get the immune system to go after certain proteins used by viruses, basically it gets the immune system to harden the gently caress up against bad poo poo that might be a problem, rather than just having the meds take care of it entirely on its own. Hell, most of the time the worse the side-effect your kid gets after getting a vaccine, the better it is, because it means their body is going all out getting ready for the real thing.

And how are actual progressive leftie workplaces getting people to stay on? They're not reducing the workload or hours or anything, they're doing stuff like yoga and meditation and resiliency classes and poo poo. They know where the money is, and it's with getting their workforce to take their poo poo rather than reducing the amount of poo poo they poo poo out on their workforce.

So yeah, toughen the gently caress up. College might be a hugbox, but the real world only wants people who can take real world crap.

Also, I don't mind that America is becoming soft. Someone else will be hard in its absence. It'll be kinda sad to watch though, America really did do a lot of cool stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

IronClaymore posted:

Well yeah, this is the point of a whole lot of other stuff too. Think about how we fight most viruses - we don't rely on anti-virals and poo poo, we use vaccines to get the immune system to go after certain proteins used by viruses, basically it gets the immune system to harden the gently caress up against bad poo poo that might be a problem, rather than just having the meds take care of it entirely on its own. Hell, most of the time the worse the side-effect your kid gets after getting a vaccine, the better it is, because it means their body is going all out getting ready for the real thing.

And how are actual progressive leftie workplaces getting people to stay on? They're not reducing the workload or hours or anything, they're doing stuff like yoga and meditation and resiliency classes and poo poo. They know where the money is, and it's with getting their workforce to take their poo poo rather than reducing the amount of poo poo they poo poo out on their workforce.

So yeah, toughen the gently caress up. College might be a hugbox, but the real world only wants people who can take real world crap.

Also, I don't mind that America is becoming soft. Someone else will be hard in its absence. It'll be kinda sad to watch though, America really did do a lot of cool stuff.

stfu bitch

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

IronClaymore posted:

yeah like keep black people and women in their place!

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Teflon Don posted:

stfu bitch

Don't be mad. Every empire fades into obscurity eventually. You lasted a few hundred years less than everyone else but that's nothing to be ashamed of.

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax

Dave Concepcion posted:

are you one of those idiot goons who thinks he lived the hard knock life because he ate the crust on his pizza?

lmao why would you assume anything about someones life cuz they paid 10 bux

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wizard Master posted:

I grew up in the early 90s

Shut the hell up you Barney & Friends watching motherfucker. You're the reason our nation has to endure Demi Lovato.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

IronClaymore posted:

It'll be kinda sad to watch though, America really did do a lot of cool stuff.

i too talk about america like it was my cool high school friend i used to go skateboarding with

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Only in gbs could pussy be seen as bad

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

IronClaymore posted:

I'm going to kick your rear end

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Applewhite posted:

This but only semi-ironically.

Zero tolerance against bullying is as stupid as all any other zero tolerance policy, and a better way to combat bullying is to teach victim kids to toughen up.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

The last gasp of a dying empire.

With what will you "kick my arse"? Will you use your new fighter plane that cannot fly in the rain? Your currency which has little relevancy in the world now? Your UN vote which is blocked at every turn by two intractable malcontents?

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
im going to have sex with one of these pussies

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

IronClaymore posted:

With what will you "kick my arse"? Will you use your new fighter plane that cannot fly in the rain? Your currency which has little relevancy in the world now? Your UN vote which is blocked at every turn by two intractable malcontents?

i think kicking someone's rear end usually involves literally aiming a direct kick, at their rear end

military, politics, and economics does not tend to factor into it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i guess if a president were to aim a kick towards your rear end, you might consider it an executive action?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I could probably beat the president in wrestlemania cage match

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
But how do you think you would fare in a Royal Rumble with all the World Leaders?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ironclaymore is one of the dumbest european posters on this website.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

IronClaymore posted:

I'm going to kick your rear end with my foot

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

SHISHKABOB posted:

Ironclaymore is one of the dumbest european posters on this website.

Makes sense, considering I'm Australian.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

IronClaymore posted:

Is you country still on fire

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

IronClaymore posted:

actually yeah, it does, Australia is dumb Europe lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Yo, imma blob posted:

Send your kids into the desert without food or water. When they return they will be men. Even the girls.

This is true.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

mr.capps posted:

actually yeah, it does, Australia is dumb Europe lol

It really is.

Also it's not on fire currently but it will be soon, again. Everyone's waiting for it.

Still not actually full of spiders and snakes and crocodiles and drop bears, don't know why you people think it is.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
australia is what europeans think america is like

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
An Australian's opinions on the United States are very valuable, as they could be printed out onto paper and used to kindle a gigantic bonfire to cook hot dogs on.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Fun fact only a small portion of the US population enlisted in WW2 so actually most of generation whatever were as big pussies as everyone else

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
im happy to hear about this. Where I live, four year olds calls girls for whores, and say that they are gonna gently caress em. i have also seen the local kids/youth chase eachother with metal pipes and throwing shards of glass towards eachother. And then in your early teens u start dealin drugs. Aint no pussäys here over here! (all the kids are brown tho, the white ones might be pussys, idk)

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

IronClaymore posted:

It really is.

Also it's not on fire currently but it will be soon, again. Everyone's waiting for it.

Still not actually full of spiders and snakes and crocodiles and drop bears, don't know why you people think it is.

Bullshit I've heard about your death jellyfish

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zombiepop posted:

im happy to hear about this. Where I live, four year olds calls girls for whores, and say that they are gonna gently caress em. i have also seen the local kids/youth chase eachother with metal pipes and throwing shards of glass towards eachother. And then in your early teens u start dealin drugs. Aint no pussäys here over here! (all the kids are brown tho, the white ones might be pussys, idk)

sweden?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

IronClaymore posted:

Actually that makes TRIPLE sense.

I think australia has done worse to its environment than the US because of how much of it is useless.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Strategic Tea posted:

Fun fact only a small portion of the US population enlisted in WW2 so actually most of generation whatever were as big pussies as everyone else

Nah, that's reasonable. Way I heard it, you guys put out a massive tax rate to buy and build machines and tanks and planes and jeeps and whatever, and in battle you preferred to sacrifice material instead of troops, so say you bombed a position with a million bucks worth of shells before sending people into it, and used expensive jet fuel on recon and paid wages to analysts, so in the end you had way less casualties. It's not a pussy thing, that's just cunning, and making the most of your strengths.

You were pussies by forgetting how to win an infantry war. WW2 taught you bad habits.

[Edit: didn't teach you the good habit that wars need taxes. What is it with you guys and taxes anyway?]

IronClaymore fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 13, 2015

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

woah dude, that insensitive as gently caress, Islamic state of sweden please!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

what's a yoot?

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Dave Concepcion posted:

if we're talking about greece that's literally true and they were right

I'm not sure in what way Ancient Greece would have been any more correct unless your idea of civilization was being able to gently caress children

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

IronClaymore posted:

this one's a new one, at least for me

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Part of the problem is the argument you're making.
Instead of actually stating facts and citing examples, you just say that everyone against you is white and male. As if that matters or makes your opposition irrelevant.
That's the tenor of the debate, and its why I personally oppose what you're saying.
You have no clue if someone is white or male, and even if you did, that is not an argument. That's just simple racism to say that "well you're white and male therefore your opinion holds less weight. In fact by your very existence you are threatening me."
I think people are tired of that. It's toxic and I think it should be vigorously opposed.
I could go into a big debate about exactly how wrong you are, but the biggest issue is actually that I don't think your argument goes any deeper than "you're white and a male and therefore wrong."

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Frog Act posted:

Part of the problem is the argument you're making.
Instead of actually stating facts and citing examples, you just say that everyone against you is white and male. As if that matters or makes your opposition irrelevant.
That's the tenor of the debate, and its why I personally oppose what you're saying.
You have no clue if someone is white or male, and even if you did, that is not an argument. That's just simple racism to say that "well you're white and male therefore your opinion holds less weight. In fact by your very existence you are threatening me."
I think people are tired of that. It's toxic and I think it should be vigorously opposed.
I could go into a big debate about exactly how wrong you are, but the biggest issue is actually that I don't think your argument goes any deeper than "you're white and a male and therefore wrong."

Please source your quotes

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

proof of concept posted:

this one's a new one, at least for me

I was being needlessly provocative and troll-y.

It's just...it's just so fun! Poking fun at other failing empires when you're a province of another empire that's collapsed. Looking for every sign of weakness, and laughing at even the hint of such a sign. And with the United States it's just especially delicious. You broke away so far into history, really, even before the continent of my country was officially discovered, that it shouldn't matter at all, you're definitely your own guys, but there's still a special joy in finding every little misstep you make, even if my own country makes far greater blunders.

You are fun to ridicule.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Obstacle2 posted:

I'm not sure in what way Ancient Greece would have been any more correct unless your idea of civilization was being able to gently caress children

...what's your definition of civilization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Wizard Master posted:

I grew up in the early 90s, gently caress "safe spaces".....kids today are soft as hell, which I'ms sure older kids said about us. gently caress SJWs, these people are complete against freedom...... if they don't like "free speech", I'm sure North Korea would be very welcoming to them

Tell us more about how bad rear end you are, internet person

• Locked thread