Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
This is a topic Rush Limbaugh cares very deeply about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ElGroucho posted:

Tell us more about how bad rear end you are, internet person

if you visit my website maddox.xmission.com you will find more evidence of my bad assness

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Time_pants posted:

...what's your definition of civilization?

My definition of civilization is bureaucracy, not simply some rich fat person telling everyone else what to do, I mean that's basic mammalian tribal behavior, but for civilization to occur you need the rich fat bastard to hire slightly less rich and and slightly less fat bastards to oppress the people who do the actual work.

Look at the ancient Mesopotamian/Fertile Crescent dwellings. You get three tiers of housing. Rich fat bastards who tell everyone what to do, lackeys with money and spears who enforce it, and finally the people who do the actual work. THAT's civilization.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

IronClaymore posted:

My definition of civilization is bureaucracy, not simply some rich fat person telling everyone else what to do, I mean that's basic mammalian tribal behavior, but for civilization to occur you need the rich fat bastard to hire slightly less rich and and slightly less fat bastards to oppress the people who do the actual work.

Look at the ancient Mesopotamian/Fertile Crescent dwellings. You get three tiers of housing. Rich fat bastards who tell everyone what to do, lackeys with money and spears who enforce it, and finally the people who do the actual work. THAT's civilization.

I can't help but notice that there's a distinct lack of child sex. Some civilization.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
im a tough boy, i'm a big boy1!!!

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Time_pants posted:

I can't help but notice that there's a distinct lack of child sex. Some civilization.

Well, if the Catholic Church is anything to go by, children who die as a result of sexual or emotional or physical abuse are not buried in regular graveyards. They're considered "evil" or whatever the gently caress sort of bullshit the various clergy comes up with at the time (not limited to Catholicism), and are given shallow graves at the edge of civilization that are never tended to. If wolves don't dig them up and eat the remains, the regular progress of civilization and expanding towns will soon obliterate the pitiful unmarked grave.

I can't help but think that the fossilized remains of a young person who obviously experienced sexual abuse would be an anomaly. A very sad anomaly. Abusers tend to hide their tracks.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ashgromnies posted:

i don't think you understand bullying. it can be very physical. choking kids til they pass out, smashing their heads into things to try to knock them out, etc. this would literally lead to kids killing bullies in some circumstances. maybe not a bad thing but we would need to give them leeway in the court system because of all those "murder" laws.

Enders game

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

This thread made me think of The Chocolate War.

Then I remembered my 5th grade teacher recommended that to me. Why would a teacher recommend a book with kids jacking off onto mailboxes, to a child?

It is an award winning book.

Slartibuttfest
Sep 20, 2014
In elementary school I told a kid that Nintendo would only make first person shooters. I made him cry. I felt like the edge master.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
When I was a kid I died every day and I ended up fine

Slartibuttfest
Sep 20, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

In what ways?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

like dis if u di everytim

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

This thread really should be referenced with the Millenial thread

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

Then I remembered my 5th grade teacher recommended that to me. Why would a teacher recommend a book with kids jacking off onto mailboxes, to a child?

its important to teach children at a young age that life isnt fair and underdogs dont actually win. i dont remember the mailbox part though

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Why does everyone forget that the boss dudes and spear dudes actually did do something before being massively overcompensated for it?

Farming is hard. Killing dudes is really hard. Running a country is really hard.

Consequences for loving up are as follows - starve/bleed to death/retire in luxury in russiaget murdered by the new boss

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
did anyone say "triggered" yet? triggered, guys. lol. triggered. guys, guys, guys. triggered. triggered, everyone. hey, triggered. triggered.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
When I was 6 months old I lied about my age so I could join the army. I spent the next 3 years giving Krauts lead poisoning until a mortar shell blew away the lower half of my body. This was all before I even became a badass. Kids these days have it too easy sheesh...

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

Strategic Tea posted:

Why does everyone forget that the boss dudes and spear dudes actually did do something before being massively overcompensated for it?

Farming is hard. Killing dudes is really hard. Running a country is really hard.

Consequences for loving up are as follows - starve/bleed to death/retire in luxury in russiaget murdered by the new boss

Today, the odds of being murdered by the new boss are infinitely minimal whereas the rewards for halfassing your job/loving it up completely are infinite!

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

satanic splash-back posted:

The only thing worse than this book was the movie. The main antagonist, some big tough jock guy, had a room that was completely pink and fuzzy for reasons unexplained.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Unless you grew up in a time when polio, cholera and rickets were common childhood diseases you are one of those pussies.

lmao just lmao if you're not hosed up with crippling bone deformities before your fifth birthday

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Slartibuttfest posted:

In elementary school I told a kid that Nintendo would only make first person shooters. I made him cry. I felt like the edge master.

Same, this is some pro bully poo poo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Generation X here. I'm just going to make a snide comment and continue to be totally ineffectual at life.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Wizard Master posted:

I grew up in the early 90s, gently caress "safe spaces".....kids today are soft as hell, which I'ms sure older kids said about us. gently caress SJWs, these people are complete against freedom...... if they don't like "free speech", I'm sure North Korea would be very welcoming to them

lol the early 90's... hard times indeed.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I grew up sleeping in boxcars down at the train yard and the only way I could earn a meal was by climbing into the ring and having a boxing match with another kid my age and back then there were no judges decisions you kept fighting until one of you was knocked out

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

letting kids duke it out and assuming that nothing will go wrong probably isn't the smartest idea

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

letting kids duke it out and assuming that nothing will go wrong probably isn't the smartest idea

With the gap between rich & poor increasing by the day, you don't know what capabilities people have. While working as a temp in 2012 or so, a simple schoolyard scrap turned into a murder when the thug turned to his crew in order to settle things. School hours are no longer a limiting factor in bullying an individual.

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser

down n out posted:

With the gap between rich & poor increasing by the day, you don't know what capabilities people have. While working as a temp in 2012 or so, a simple schoolyard scrap turned into a murder when the thug turned to his crew in order to settle things. School hours are no longer a limiting factor in bullying an individual.

i too, in a scrap yard many years ago, you just dont knoiw what people can get up to when the kids are hard these days. its a front, truely our baser instincts down a moral eroding, temperance gone, a permissiveness pervasive in culture. money, the kids will do whatever they can do have it and meet up. its the unstoppable force that meets the moveable hipster. bezmenov knew.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Two what? Uh, what is a yoot?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

this is a quote from the 1992 smash hit "My Cousin Vinny" wherein Joe Pesci acts as his own defense

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Yo, imma blob posted:

Send your kids into the desert without food or water. When they return they will be men. Even the girls.

I remember when I was young I told my Dad to "gently caress off." Living in the Mojave desert at the time, he thought five miles would be cruel. So he only drove me two miles out. Pointed the direction in which we lived, handed me a warm (hot, really) bottle of water, and told me I had some thinking to do. I, for one, am thankful for this mildly abusive child-rearing technique. You can be I drat sure didn't mouth off ever again.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah yeah yeah but for some idiot reason you can't figure out how to set a printer up in the year 2015 and then who are you calling? that's right idiot millenials

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Pussifie this dick

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Pussifie this dick

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Dave Concepcion posted:

are you one of those idiot goons who thinks he lived the hard knock life because he ate the crust on his pizza?

At least he doesn't think apples are poison you gently caress

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Roberto_Silencio posted:

did anyone say "triggered" yet? triggered, guys. lol. triggered. guys, guys, guys. triggered. triggered, everyone. hey, triggered. triggered.

Nice meltdown

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

The Saurus posted:

I've never claimed that apples are poison, what I have said is that they are not magical health spheres like most (fat) retards think

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I once hit a bully with a chair and called him a bitch (the worst word I knew at the time). Today I would probably be suspended for that. Instead I had to run every day after school because he would be waiting to kick my rear end. And now I know computers!

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Moridin920 posted:

yeah yeah yeah but for some idiot reason you can't figure out how to set a printer up in the year 2015 and then who are you calling? that's right idiot millenials

I'll call Sanjeeb in Dubai, india for tech support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

The Saurus posted:

O lol yes i forgot about that

• Locked thread