Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

AdolfHitler posted:

did they killedeagles of death metal

No but CNN said that the theatre they attacked would be hosting "an American band from California" as if that might be the motive, because everything in America is about American gently caress YES AMERICA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rocks posted:

France should just nuke Syria now

*Diesel engine fires up and a Mirage 2000 rattles slowly out its underground hangar*

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

XMNN posted:

iff its the american dude he just said that iranian backed groups might have the capability but he thinks its more likely someone like is

Even bringing them up is retarded.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i eat bacon and am offended by this photo

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
holy moly

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Poor France. They started the year with the Hebdo massacre and now this? We live in a hosed up, awful world and it gets worse every day.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

it's probably basque separatists

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I don't know much about this stuff. I guess I was wondering why a group would take hostages if not to negotiate. Unless they really do just want to kill everyone in there and have a high body count while maybe also wasting police time or creating a distraction. This is hosed up though. I don't do well with people doing evil acts. I'm going to go play video games and pretend this isn't happening. :ohdear:

EDIT: CNN referencing the potential motive of the band tonight being American lol

They probably took them hostage to draw it out. Active shooter events usually last minutes because the shooters run out of ammo or the police come to bear and it turns into a shoot-out. Taking hostages slows the police down and complicates the game because now the police are culpable for extra-casualties if they botch a rescue.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I don't know much about this stuff. I guess I was wondering why a group would take hostages if not to negotiate. Unless they really do just want to kill everyone in there and have a high body count while maybe also wasting police time or creating a distraction. This is hosed up though. I don't do well with people doing evil acts. I'm going to go play video games and pretend this isn't happening. :ohdear:

EDIT: CNN referencing the potential motive of the band tonight being American lol

I think the main point is to prolong the situation, to keep it on the news. This isn't the 70s anymore, where hostage takers actually wanted something. Now they just want to kill people.

Rude, imo.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Just heard about this. Jesus loving christ.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
"Let's bring children into this world." - Retards, 2015

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

A Pale Horse posted:

Poor France. They started the year with the Hebdo massacre and now this? We live in a hosed up, awful world and it gets worse every day.

yeah they should have waited like a month and a half so that they could start and end the year on a terrorist high note.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

LordArgh posted:

didn't take long for the victim-blaming to start

:qqsay:

the fact is tensions are really bad between France and it's immigrants.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Elman posted:

thanks for the update!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is this retaliation for US air strikes killing Jihadi Jim or whoever that British guy in ISIS was called

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

LordArgh posted:

didn't take long for the victim-blaming to start

facts aren't victim blaming and they don't justify murdet

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

A Pale Horse posted:

Actually, if you look statistics, the world as a whole is getting less violent. This current crisis is a tragedy and the people doing this are clearly hosed up beyond reason, but at least violence on the whole isn't as common an occurrence.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Binky posted:

sounds like electing muslim is the right idea to me
France does in a Michel Houellebecq novel it's pretty good.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

thanks for the update!

glad to help

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG_dA32oH44

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Total Meatlove posted:

Even bringing them up is retarded.
the question was "who might have the capability" although i guess thats still pretty retarded because last i heard most of hizbollah is busy getting killed in syria

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Elman posted:

Gah, can't believe I missed this. Was watching anime all day long! Cheers Armagan!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I chose to go to Oktoberfest and Berlin instead of Paris for my summer vacation. True story.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Actually, if you look at some statistics, the world as a whole is getting less violent. This current crisis is a tragedy and the people doing this are clearly hosed up beyond reason, but at least violence on the whole isn't as common an occurrence.

just don't mention this to a syrian lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

this will help ease tensions

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

Parallax Scroll posted:

I hope they just targeted the racist french people.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

ProperCoochie posted:

"Let's bring children into this world." - Retards, 2015

Agreed, I'm discarding my potential children into a paper towel right now

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

Is this retaliation for US air strikes killing Jihadi Jim or whoever that British guy in ISIS was called

yeah just an impromptu coordinated terrorist attack

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

brylcreem posted:

I think the main point is to prolong the situation, to keep it on the news. This isn't the 70s anymore, where hostage takers actually wanted something. Now they just want to kill people.

Rude, imo.
yeah a lot of those people are going to die whether the french storm it or not

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

spacemang_spliff posted:

Bit early to start assuming who did it, also because someone calls you a subhuman oval office does not make it legal to kill them. Or acceptable.

Fuckhead.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
:munch:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

Double Bill posted:

Agreed, I'm discarding my potential children into a paper towel right now

:drat:

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
They reloaded their guns? Holy poo poo what a revelation

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

EugeneJ posted:

While the info isn't in yet this is way too coordinated to have been set up that quickly (probably)

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Parallax Scroll posted:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...were-wrong.html

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

spacemang_spliff posted:

i guess the french should just accept sharia law so as not to offend their muslim immigrants as we see what happens when they don't get their way

Boo Boo Glass
Nov 13, 2015

XMNN posted:

yeah a lot of those people are going to die whether the french storm it or not

Police - you have my explicit permission to kill me immediately if it means killing a terrorist. I ain't even mad.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

The Landstander posted:

While the info isn't in yet this is way too coordinated to have been set up that quickly (probably)
well they could have been already to go and just decided to do it today because of that but its probably just a cooincidence

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Boo Boo Glass posted:

Police - you have my explicit permission to kill me immediately if it means killing a terrorist. I ain't even mad.

Are you posting from inside the concert hall!?!?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Elman posted:

glad to help

more as this story develops

• Locked thread