Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ethanol posted:

I guess dem terrorists were p disappointed with fallout 4

No they just couldn't get the New Zealand VPN trick working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Terrorists should ashamed of themselves for stealing the mass shooting job from weird anti social white kids.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CHEF!!! posted:

Oh please let the jerkoffs who did this be traced back to ISIS agents from Syria and it culminates in France sticking its withered colonial dick in its former territorial holdings in a vain attempt to address the problem. Misery loves company, after all.

france wouldn't kill ISIS, they would just sneak in at night and gently caress their wives

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

in 2007 pew research center found 35% of French Muslims surveyed believed that terrorism was "at least sometimes justified to defend Islam"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Philthy posted:

That dude got obliterated. Holy poo poo.

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Goatfather posted:

cant wait to see some sweet loot from the grand mosque on display at the smithsonian

A culture that's prohibited from making naked lady statues doesn't have anything worth stealing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Goatfather posted:

dont worry man the moderate muslims are going to come out of the woodwork and put a stop to this

assuming we didnt get all 7 of them killed in syria

A few months the US only trained a few hundred fighters, most of them joined ISIS a few weeks later

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

5-HT posted:

it really is a terrible country with poo poo people. again, iran would be a significantly better ally. shia owns and is significantly more stabilizing. sunnis are a bunch of weird hardliners with wahabi being their evangelical right. because we support the house of Saud, we support sunnis, and are indirectly funding the people who end up attacking us (al-qaeda, ISIS, etc).

it's p hosed when you start thinking hard on it.

plus persian women are pretty hot which is another reason to start a Pro Iran shift

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CuteJen96 posted:

Yeah I was watching a thing about what's going on in Yemen and its basically us and Iran of all people supporting one group and the Saudis supporting the radicals. Then the poo poo is flipped in Syria. Then the poo poo is flipped again in Iraq. Meanwhile you've got Turkey, a NATO ally, loving bombing the poo poo out of the Kurds, who are the only people besides spec ops "advisors" who are actually on the ground fighting battles.

Yeah basically the Kurds are the ground force that showed any real motivation and heart for fighting ISIS. However Turks and many other countries don't want a Kurdistan, so the US intentionally starves the Kurds of help.

Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States on the other hand are out there raising big bucks for fundie groups like Al Nursa or even shipping weapons directly.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

No, it's not that simple. Every time the theocrats get close to getting control of the government the military steps in and says, "I don't think so." While the country might not be a model of progressive secularism it is not a raving theocracy, either.

Besides, really they just want to fight the Greeks some more.

There's a fight right now in Turkey, with the fundie majority government purging members of the military.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'll check that out - it's been a few years since I was really up to speed on Turkish politics.

Yeah there's basically a powerful struggle in which the fundie leaning AKP majority party is trying to gradually dismantle the secular focus of Turkish government.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

proof of concept posted:

To anyone who glossed over this: this is actually really really REALLY important to the US dollar and the US economy

US dollar is basically a petro currency because of this

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CuteJen96 posted:

We've got a hugeeee Kurdish population where I live. Our upstairs neighbor actually. Man they're great people. My wife is their daughters 4th grade teacher. Her mother is always brining us food. The dad works as a mechanic at the municipal garage and we shoot the poo poo on the weekends.

Anyway I don't know why all this made me think of them. They're the sweetest people. The dad helped me change out the carbs on my bike this summer. Like, anytime we need anything with the car he tells my wife "you bring it to me. No problem at all". The kid is smart as hell too, according to my wife.

I took a sleeping pill an hour ago and I'm really out of it.. I don't know why but all that made me think of them.

The Kurds are also the only group that's going all out against the ISIS terrorist while the other opposing powers are just thinking defensively.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CuteJen96 posted:

Are kurds pretty low-key Muslim?

well at least they managed to avoid the whole religious fighting and genocide thing.

Probably because they were the whipping boy of the middle east similar to Poland.

In related news the Kurds kicked ISIS out of Sinjar today:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/14/world/middleeast/sinjar-iraq-islamic-state.html

Of course in typical fashion Iraq is demanding a city back that it failed to protect from ISIS

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CuckEverlasting posted:

I wonder if anyone will hold Turkey responsible for supporting ISIS now.

well part of Turks clever troll war was letting ISIS fighters into Syria while make sure to keep Kurdish fighters out.

The old divide and conquer mantra since the Turks don't want a Kurdistan developing in the Middle East.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The real way to punish ISIS is a beard care product and PS4 video game embargo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The solution is to clone Chris Kyle

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TheIllestVillain posted:

lol are they still crying about that poo poo

fuking babies

A friendly reminder that the serbs did so well in the whole genocide thing since when Yugoslavia fell apart they controlled most of the main weapon depots and other big military assets.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I reacted to the attack by investing in beard care companies.

Market can only go up up up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

effectual posted:

I'm watching Amelie. Viva la France

audrey tautou is a dream waifu

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cnut the Great posted:

Look at me, I'm showing solidarity by applying a filter to my Facebook photo after being prompted to by the website and being socially pressured to by my peers.

Yep, that's right, folks; I'm your Facebook friend, and, believe it or not, I think it's bad when innocent people get mass murdered by terrorists. You need proof? Well, just check out my profile pic. See those colors overlaid on top of it? Yeah? Yeah. :smug:

*goes back to being total garbage in every other area of life that actually requires some effort if you want to be a good person*

We enough likes we can crush ISIS with a spirit bomb of linked posts

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I just checked and I don't seem to have the Jack Chick "MOON GOD?" image saved, but it seems like it belongs in this thread.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

drowningidiot posted:

http://realjewnews.com/

All Donations Are Tax-Deductible!

the blinking white title at the top of the page owns

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mdm posted:

not gonna click that link lol

I wouldn't mind being ruled by Kat Dennings.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao those Femen crazies crashed a muslim conference:

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-wxU86v8g

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

General Bort posted:

Also young men that have a romantic idea about war and like to die for a 'noble' cause. People like that have always existed in all cultures.

It's why the clever Saudis ship their young dumb angry men overseas for jihad goodness

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BigBoss posted:

Most protest chicks who do this are gross but not these broads.

best moment was Putin giving the thumbs up and making the O face when he got attacked by femen protesters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERSGZO2GKHo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Immortan posted:

Reddit gold member here. :lol::lol:

Imagine a redditor berating terrorists on calling magazines clips or telling them they didn't use the top pick AK before he gets executed.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Microwaves Mom posted:

I can't not say that in the snake voice every time i see it.

it's a moon god it's actually the leftover ancient fertility sculpture in Mecca .

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

france has been bombing syria for a while, and the aircraft carrier was already heading there

they lack the capabilities to really gently caress with isis

in theory they could use nukes, or prepare for a real war, but neither of those things are going to happen

at most they're going to send a bit special forces there and ask usa to give them bombs for their bombers

Actually the French response will be sending hots guys to gently caress their girlfriends and wives when the ISIS guys are off committing jihad.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Digital Fingers posted:

Holy poo poo, the french national anthem is hard as gently caress

well it was written during the french revolution

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maoist Pussy posted:

This is actually correct. Immigration policies should allow in only women. Take their wome and let the beard-men extinguish themselves in some sort of explodey prison-sex singularity.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Why are we giving the germans a reason to invade new york city?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Feranon posted:

lmbo yeah some hick with a handgun is totally gonna own several ISIS operatives with AKs and save the day...

the ISIS dudes even had body armor

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rad Russian posted:

A lot of their local recruitment is BASED on having this ugly face to entice Western Nations to come and bomb towns/overthrow some governments. If there was a guarantee that the West will send 100,000 ground troops if they do another attack, ISIS would stop everything else they're doing in order to entice it. More local collateral damage = more recruits.

Yeah the cleverness of the ISIS scheme is a creates a negative control loop. Their attacks hopefully encourage a military reaction from the west, which allows them to whine even more about evil crusaders killing muslims.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shaocaholica posted:

If this negative feedback loop has a net negative effect on Abrahamic Religions in the way of apostasy amongst their broader base then I count that as a plus.

The other important thing is even though all the anti ISIS groups have enough military power on paper they are only interested in fighting defensively or in the case of the Kurds get blocked by the West for geopolitical reasons aka don't piss off turkey.

You also have other foreign powers like Saudi Arabia and UAE directly funding ISIS as a clever way to stir the pot/cause Shia megadeath.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao predictably GOP governors announced they don't want any Syria civil war refugees in their states.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alternative pants posted:

And a democrat. Maybe this isn't what you want so desperately for it to be?

well american ISIS terrorists will have to work extra hard to catch up with the school shooting done by weird white nerd bodycount.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agag posted:

Hezbollah is my preferred anti-ISIS faction.

The other fly in the ointment is how the US doesn't want any more Iranian involvement in the conflict.

So most loyal western allies are sitting on the sidelines or actually inflaming the problem in the case of Saudi Arabia

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yudo posted:

they are neither Turkic nor Arab, and the mid east is a region of intense ethnic rivalry. The US defends them despite their occasional terrorist outbursts because they are surprisingly sane and have, more importantly, been very politically astute in their dealings with various administrations.

Also helps that Kurds don't throw away their weapons and flee like the Iraqi army.

peshmerga are badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fabricated posted:

hey if they're gonna get shot they can at least get shot by fellow americans

foreigners shouldn't be stealing american jobs....

• Locked thread