Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
POTUS live: https://www.whitehouse.gov/live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Flowers For Algeria posted:

gently caress's sake. According to a dude on Facebook who is claiming to be inside the theatre, the guys are executing people one by one.

Nope nope nope. I'm off the internet until we get all the real info sorted out. I can't even.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Volkerball posted:

A US operation just freed 70+ prisoners from an ISIS prison a few weeks ago. There was no raid involved with the attack on Johnny though.

Not meaning to start a derail since this is major news but isn't the area where the Prison was different to where the beheading videos took place? I may well be wrong in this regard.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
BIG mistake attacking a football stadium and a heavy metal concert.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Any word on members of the band info? Anything anywhere? Are they hostages .

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
According to the BBC: "French media, quoting Paris police, are now reporting that at least 42 people are dead."

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The French reaction is probably not going to be like the American reaction after 9/11. The Charlie Hebdo attack didn't turn France into a totalitarian dystopia and I doubt this will either.

Aspergeoisie
Jun 6, 2009

by R. Guyovich
"Refugees"

As horrific as this is, seems like it's time for Europe to stop living the ideology and embrace reality.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Obama live now.

http://www.france24.com/en/livefeed/

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Litany Unheard posted:

Any link to Obama's speech?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Aspergeoisie posted:

"Refugees"

As horrific as this is, seems like it's time for Europe to stop living the ideology and embrace reality.

Shut the gently caress up and get out.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Antti posted:

The French reaction is probably not going to be like the American reaction after 9/11. The Charlie Hebdo attack didn't turn France into a totalitarian dystopia and I doubt this will either.

The Roubaix or 1995 attacks didn't either.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/OopsCestDit/status/665291721346019328

videos of survivors and what looks like bodies in the back ground :smith:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Aspergeoisie posted:

"Refugees"

what

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Obama really has nothing to do with this

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Aspergeoisie posted:

"Refugees"

Hey gently caress you buddy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

Not meaning to start a derail since this is major news but isn't the area where the Prison was different to where the beheading videos took place? I may well be wrong in this regard.

Yeah, but helicopters can go far.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Winkie01 posted:

https://twitter.com/OopsCestDit/status/665291721346019328

videos of survivors and what looks like bodies in the back ground :smith:

this is the resturant? how many places have been hit.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Antti posted:

I mean, they did jail a whole bunch of people for "threatening the state" or whatever not too long after a freedom of speech march.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/665296962090987520
Firefights on the streets

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Antti posted:

9/11 didn't turn America into a total dystopia, despite what AQ and UBM wished; nor will this attack turn Paris into a dystopia. Rather, it may result in proactive, rather than purely reactive, security policy being implemented in France.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Firefight on the streets of Paris.

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/665296962090987520

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Seems like some people are getting out of the theater

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Aspergeoisie posted:

"Refugees"

It wasn't refugees who carried out this attack, moron.

That said, this isn't going to make the refugee crisis any better.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

the prison raid was in hawjia iraq which is not very far from the front line between isis and kurdistan, while jihadi john was in raqqa syria, which is isis's main city there

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I hope you are all ready for the American Right to immediately claim that this wouldn't have happened if the French all had easy-access to guns :thumbsup:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

SoggyBobcat posted:

Hey gently caress you buddy.

I'm confused, do you not think this was perpetrated by muslim immigrants? And if it wasn't who did it? I'm not baiting just curious.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this is the resturant? how many places have been hit.

5 if the place republique report was true.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

That sounds big. Does it sound big to anyone else?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Gunfire reported at the Louvre, per CNN.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Cnn is reporting that the hostage takers are killing hostages in the theater

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Knifegrab posted:

I'm confused, do you not think this was perpetrated by muslim immigrants? And if it wasn't who did it? I'm not baiting just curious.

Probably muslims, but why necessarily immigrants?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Calico Heart posted:

I hope you are all ready for the American Right to immediately claim that this wouldn't have happened if the French all had easy-access to guns :thumbsup:

They already are.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Aspergeoisie posted:

"Refugees"

gently caress you loving rear end in a top hat.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
e: nm forget them.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 14, 2015

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Grondoth posted:

That sounds big. Does it sound big to anyone else?

I think its just that gunfire is louder than most people realize, sounds just like normal real gun fire to me, that poo poo is brutally loud, especially in an echo chamber of big concrete buildings. Its scary for real. I hope everyone is safe.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Calico Heart posted:

That's unrealistic.

A far better assertion would be that this wouldn't have happened if the Obama administration had granted France's requests for assistance to facilitate a French military ground deployment in Libya.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Regarde Aduck posted:

I don't respond well to loving moronic rules about babies first news event. People are dead. There is a terrorist attack in progress. I don't loving care about sources or if 45 instead of 44 people are actually dead. At this point in time such a level of detail is utterly unimportant. Oh man when I thought 18 people were dead I was like "man" but now it's 30 i'm like "MAN!". You're so loving stupid.

Well, I wanted to post it to try and remind people of the disadvantages of live news and the panic it causes, but I guess it went the other way in your case!

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Knifegrab posted:

All muslim immigrants should be assumed to be armed and dangerous. Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

UPDATE: Bataclan hostages communicate on social media, report being slaughtered "one by one." #Paris

• Locked thread