Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Screw it, someone has to make one. Basketball is back. Time for your schools to play other schools that you've never heard of and go to tournaments in sunny locations.

Here is a rundown of the early season tournaments
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25262144/ranking-the-best-of-college-hoops-2015-november-tournaments

Here's your preseason rankings
1.N. Carolina (35)
2.Kentucky (10)
3.Maryland (14)
4.Kansas (5)
5.Duke
6.Virginia (1)
7.Iowa St.
8.Oklahoma
9.Gonzaga
10.Wichita St.
11.Villanova
12.Arizona
13.Michigan St.
14.California
15.Indiana
16.Utah
17.Wisconsin
18.Vanderbilt
19.Notre Dame
20.Connecticut
21.LSU
22.Baylor
23.Purdue
24.Butler
25.Michigan

Iowa State is currently losing to Colorado in a high school gym. Woo early season basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

ISU struggling against their defense, or it's just the first game of the season and they can't get in a rhythm.

Edit: Strong finish going into the half at least.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 13, 2015

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

ISU struggling against their defense, or it's just the first game of the season and they can't get in a rhythm.

I'm gonna assume option 2 until proven otherwise.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

This game has turned into a poo poo show.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas plays Colorado State tonight. Last warmup game before heading to Michigan State, with guys like Matt Costello, Deyonta Davis and Gavin Schilling who are going to test the KU skinny bigs.

#freecheick

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Where the hell are they playing this game?

Oh, Sioux Falls. Why?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Where the hell are they playing this game?

The ISU game? It's in Sioux Falls I think. ISU is playing really rough right now, the shooting has to improve.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Death to Cyclones.

Also, we're playing a directional Kentucky. Northern.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Death to Cyclones.

Also, we're playing a directional Kentucky. Northern.

There's a North Kentucky?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

The Northern Kentucky Norse, of the Horizon League.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Glorified Cincinnatti.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Gonna have a couple beers than watch some fuckin banners raise up ya'll.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

For the love of god ISU try to close this game out with less drama.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

What the gently caress, NC State

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

WVU was up 62-32 at half. The second half has been not fun to watch.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:razorback: 40
Southern 25

First ten minutes I became panicky about how bad we were gonna be this year. We calmed it down and started playing alright. Positives.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Go Bucky!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops
The Pitt-Gonzaga game in Japan just got called because the floor was unplayable. Long way to go for a game that doesn't count.

yeesh

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

"Armed forces classic" in Okinawa was just cancelled mid game for unsafe conditions.

Here have a press release about the fancy, non working basketball court:
http://www.wdrb.com/story/30512857/connor-sports-provides-custom-court-for-the-armed-forces-classic-at-okinawa-base

quote:

Connor Sports Provides Custom Court for the Armed Forces Classic at Okinawa Base
Posted: Nov 13, 2015 3:00 PM EST
Connor Sports®, the industry leader in premium-quality sports surfaces provided and installed a custom hardwood basketball court for the 2015 Armed Forces Classic to be played today at 7 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time between Gonzaga and Pittsburgh at Camp Foster in Okinawa, Japan.

Chicago, IL (PRWEB) November 13, 2015

Connor Sports®, the industry leader in premium-quality sports surfaces provided and installed a custom hardwood basketball court for the 2015 Armed Forces Classic to be played today at 7 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time between Gonzaga and Pittsburgh at Camp Foster in Okinawa, Japan.

Connor Sports Technical Supervisor Bruce Haroldson is a Marine Corps veteran who led the court installation process of the official Armed Forces Classic QuickLock court at the base. Haroldson was raised as a military “brat” until age 10 on a Marine Corps base by his Marine father and his mother a former Army flight nurse who met in the South Pacific during World War II and were married on the island where they served.

“Connor Sports is extremely proud to again be a part of the prestigious Armed Forces Classic event and to support the Marine Corps and all branches of the U.S. military,” said Jon Isaac, President & General Manager, Connor Sports. “Through our Connor Sports Cares Champions of Community initiative, we believe in a commitment to share our talent, time and resources in the global communities we do business in and to also honor the veterans in our company and their family members who have proudly served our country.”

About Connor Sport Court International / http://www.connorsports.com
More athletic events are played on Connor Sport Court International surfaces than on any other sports courts in the world. Founded in 1872, Connor Sport Court International has established themselves as the standard for professional and collegiate sports. Hardwood used in the courts is from a renewable resource, with the U.S. growing six times more hardwood than is harvested each year. Sport Court® is a registered trade mark of Connor Sport Court International. Since 1974, it has identified the original and authentic modular sport surface, continuously improved and patented to provide the highest levels of quality and performance. Connor Sport Court International is proud to be the only sports surfacing company in the world that is independently audited and verified as “Zero Waste” and fully ISO 9001:2008 certified.
The Armed Forces Classic is owned and operated by ESPN Events, a division of ESPN. http://espnevents.com/armed-forces-classic/about/
The Armed Forces Classic brings premier college basketball games to our nation’s troops wherever they are stationed around the world. Through five years, the U.S. Department of Defense and ESPN will present the Armed Forces Classic in a rotation among bases of the various military branches, which will serve as a host location.
2012: Air Force hosted the game at Ramstein Air Base in Germany.
2013: Army hosted at Camp Humphreys in Korea, Nov. 8, 2013.
2014: The Coast Guard hosted Nov. 14 at Air Station Borinquen in Puerto Rico
2015: The United States Marine Corps will host the fourth annual Armed Forces Classic at Camp Foster in Okinawa, Japan. The game will feature the first meeting between 2014 NCAA Championships participants Gonzaga and Pittsburgh.

For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/11/prweb13081525.htm

e:fb :argh:

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 14, 2015

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

First game of Shaka's tenure tonight! I'm so loving excited to watch some up tempo basketball for the first time in forever. The players won't be scared of getting benched immediately and punished every time they make a tiny mistake. Rick Barnes had a real knack for demoralizing his team and Shaka is basically the exact opposite.

Washington is in a complete rebuild year, right?

Also, Bill Walton is calling the game tonight.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State is getting torched at home by William & Mary.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's weird watching Iowa without Aaron White, I don't like it.

edit:

kiimo posted:

Kansas plays Colorado State tonight. Last warmup game before heading to Michigan State, with guys like Matt Costello, Deyonta Davis and Gavin Schilling who are going to test the KU skinny bigs.

#freecheick

There's a pretty big difference between Colorado State and Northern Colorado. :colbert:

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 14, 2015

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn's game against UAB wasn't going to be televised but ESPN let them just run the feed from the arena's video board on WatchESPN with audio from the radio broadcast. So you're seeing all the stupid little games and player trivia they show in the arena during breaks, it's pretty fun.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Turns out when you have like 10 Freshman on your team, you have no idea how to rebound.

Bradley ahead so far...but the rebound numbers have to be double digit difference.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Don't say "great leap forward" in China, Bill.

Edit: he did it again!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 14, 2015

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas... good from the perimeter this year? Or Northern Colorado really, really abysmally bad at defending from there.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa currently losing to Gardner Webb 29-26 with 6 minutes left in the first half. I was legit more excited for this game than I am for the football game tomorrow. Poor thinking on my part.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CaptainYesterday posted:

Don't say "great leap forward" in China, Bill.

Edit: he did it again!

Such enthusiasm when reading statistics about skyscrapers too!

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Wisconsin barely beating Western Illinois with 11 minutes to go :lol:

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Wisconsin barely beating Western Illinois with 11 minutes to go :lol:

we celebrated raising the banner too much

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Wisconsin Badgers continuing the proud tradition of our state sports teams being total frauds.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I just turned it on to hear Walton hyping up Alibaba. I wonder how much they are paying him.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Eltoasto posted:

I just turned it on to hear Walton hyping up Alibaba. I wonder how much they are paying him.

The other announcer calling him out on the air about that was a thing of beauty.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Fraudsconsin Badjerks.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

SUCK IT WISCONSIN

WESTERN ILLINOIS LEATHERNECKS, WHAT

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Walton talking about the savings rate of Chinese citizens. My god they've gotten to him

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

fuuuuuccccckkkkkkk

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Think they called enough loving fouls in the first half of the texas game? jesus christ these refs are out of control and gently caress the ncaa rule change bullshit

e- A washington player had 4 fouls with less than ten minutes gone by. Holy poo poo this is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
This game would be unwatchable without Walton

• Locked thread