Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Zypher posted:

This game would be unwatchable without Walton

I imagine the second half will be better. The youngins are just getting used to the speed and they started to attack with a purpose at the end of the half and actually make some free throws. This game wouldn't even be close if Texas boxed out every once in a while and made their free throws at a more consistent clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Western Illinois owns, I went to a game in their lovely little gym a few years ago and it was one of the best college basketball experiences of my life.

All the better that it's Wisconsin they take down.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

Western Illinois owns, I went to a game in their lovely little gym a few years ago and it was one of the best college basketball experiences of my life.

All the better that it's Wisconsin they take down.

Small gyms are always great. I went to some basketball games at UNT back in the day when Johnny Jones had them rolling and it was a fantastic atmosphere.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

It seems these refs want to break some sort of foul record. Every possession.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS B1TCH!!!!!!!

Ross is at this game FYI.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

buddhanc posted:

Small gyms are always great. I went to some basketball games at UNT back in the day when Johnny Jones had them rolling and it was a fantastic atmosphere.

I'm super pumped to go to the Utah Valley at Denver game on Wednesday, I'm probably the only one...

Iowa ended up running away from Gardner Webb, always a good sign, Uthoff had 21 points, I'm hoping he embraces his role as the man this year.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Big ten lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Chinatown posted:

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS B1TCH!!!!!!!

Ross is at this game FYI.

I'm down.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Did he seriously just say "could you buy a jumper at alibaba?"

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

hobbesmaster posted:

Did he seriously just say "could you buy a jumper at alibaba?"

It's the third time he's recycled that joke this game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor toasted SFA to kick their season off - we'll see how they are this year, but SFA's usually a solid mid-major team I recall seeing in the last few tournaments. Not a bad start.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Man I don't watch much college basketball, but is commentary this bad usually? Bill Walton has to be high off opiates or something. He has been off topic all game.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 14, 2015

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rabid Snake posted:

Man I don't watch much college basketball, but is commentary this bad usually? Bill Walton has to be high off opiates or something. He has been off topic all game.

This is clearly your first Bill Walton game. Respect his greatness. Where else would you hear the game of Boris Diaw compared to the age of the romantics.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Ivan Rabb and Jaylen Brown look legit and fun as heck. Gonna be a good season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

There's a pretty big difference between Colorado State and Northern Colorado. :colbert:

I realized my mistake watching the game, no disrespect intended.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

Big ten lol
Man, this year is going to suck.

Luckily we will be able to fire Groce at the end without feeling too bad about it.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue starting out hot from 3, 6-12. They've got several guys who can actually hit an open shot this year!

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue 60 points at halftime :stare:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

The Great Autismo! posted:

Purdue 60 points at halftime :stare:

10-19 from 3, 16-20 from the FT line.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

10-19 from 3, 16-20 from the FT line.

16-28 from 3, still 9 minutes to go

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue just tied their school record for most made 3s in a game with 16...with 9:37 left to go in the second half :stare:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

So is Illinois going to fire their coach today or what?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

Half their roster is dead or dying so he's got some leeway as far as that goes, plus I don't think they have any money to buy him out. You can't even cash in lottery tickets in Illinois at this point.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OctoberBlues posted:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story/_/id/7743011/university-illinois-got-lucky-john-groce-hiring

Bless you ESPN archives lol

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

come on fairfield ST2GS

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Somehow Coppin State is even worse than I thought they would be.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No one is getting anything out of this, Coppin St should just be allowed to go home. How many wide open layups do we really need to see?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
this is one of those games that hurts your RPI down the line no matter how badly you stomp them

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah, I don't know why anyone schedules MEAC and SWAC teams when you could just schedule a DII team and have it not gently caress you over.

edit: BTN2Go lists the time as 6:54 PM, why is BTN2Go operating out of the Atlantic time zone?

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 15, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They have a pretty good non-con schedule this year so it's not really a big deal aside from being a complete waste of everyone's time.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Cant wait for oregon vs baylor the first time ever same colors same everything we shouldve met in fotball playoffs last year

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

buddhanc posted:

It's why Duke home games are still the best sports experiences I've ever had

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

Yeah, I don't know why anyone schedules MEAC and SWAC teams when you could just schedule a DII team and have it not gently caress you over.

edit: BTN2Go lists the time as 6:54 PM, why is BTN2Go operating out of the Atlantic time zone?

Isn't like half the Big 10 in the eastern time zone at this point? At least in terms of TV viewers if not number of teams?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Probably, but no part of the Big Ten or the continental United States is in the Atlantic time zone.

Just seemed weird.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

Probably, but no part of the Big Ten or the continental United States is in the Atlantic time zone.

Just seemed weird.

I misread that as Eastern time. I guess I dunno. Maybe Big Ten sports are huge in Nova Scotia.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Also, gently caress a Chicago State Cougar. God bless.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Thoguh posted:

Maybe Big Ten sports are huge in Nova Scotia.

That feels right somehow.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

Also, gently caress a Chicago State Cougar. God bless.

If ISU doesn't win by like 15 I'm going to start getting worried about this season.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

15? I'd be concerned if they don't at least do what Iowa did to Coppin State (103-68)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I set my expectations pretty low.

• Locked thread