Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think Portland must already have like 20 turnovers at halftime, they are quite proficient at throwing lovely passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
we are a minute and a half into overtime, NW takes the lead, and ESPN says

"lead changes: 1"

lol irl

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wasn't clutch enough to hit a three in regulation

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pack it up columbiailures, yet another glorious victory for the mighty northwestern wildcats of northwestern

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue is playing ODU in Connecticut and it is one of those games where the two teams aren't used to playing on the court and literally can not hit anything at all lol

it is 5-2 seven minutes into the game lol

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

The Great Autismo! posted:

Purdue is playing ODU in Connecticut and it is one of those games where the two teams aren't used to playing on the court and literally can not hit anything at all lol

it is 5-2 seven minutes into the game lol

28-18 at the half by way of a combined 16-62 from the floor.

In good news Isaac Haas looks like a new man, he can actually move and get off the floor this year.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hammond and haas are the two best centers In the big ten and they play for the same team lol

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Kendall Stephens is good and cool. His dad, Everett, was my first favorite Boiler.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
well missed dunks aren't good lol

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
it's 324am local time, i'm drinking a beer and watching espn3, talking to my pops about the game and shitposting on the internet. life is good

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Oh my, UNI. Up 3 with 2 minutes to go

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If UNI wins, their all time record against #1 teams will be 2-0, which is an amusing stat.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

LOL UNC.

UNI up 3 with 4 seconds to go and they're going to the line for 1 and 1, no timeouts left for anyone

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

And the dagger. What was UNC doing going on the road to UNI?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Good for UNI, that place looked packed.

edit:

PotatoJudge posted:

And the dagger. What was UNC doing going on the road to UNI?

Roy Williams scheduled it because Marcus Paige is from the area and then Marcus Paige couldn't even play.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Glad Iowa is playing drake this year

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Guys I'm so happy. Holy hell that game was fun.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gators beat St. Joe's 74-63

Playing Purdue tomorrow in the HoF tip off tournament or whatever

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

Gators beat St. Joe's 74-63

Playing Purdue tomorrow in the HoF tip off tournament or whatever

One of the reasons shooting was so bad in both games is that no one got to have a shoot-around at the arena due to a Toby Keith concert last night.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
How did we lose at home to Arkansas Little Rock.

How

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
USC Upstate lost to Bob Jones University today. Obviously Upstate is terrible, but still news when a D1 team loses to one playing in the top division of the NCCAA (ie, the NCAA for fundie Christian schools).

You might also remember Bob Jones from such hits as banning interracial dating until the year 2000; having "dating parlors" where students are expected to take their dates so they can interact while maintaining a minimum 6-inch distance between them; banning music that is "non-Christian," including any soundtracks to movies rated R; requiring 11 PM bedtimes for all students on campus (and packing them 4 or 5 to a dorm room, to cut down on alone time and encouraging narcing on each other); and continuing to expel and ship students home at their parents' expense for a number of violations, including drinking, drugs (including prescription), and any sort of sexual activity, most especially homosexuality.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

elentar posted:

USC Upstate lost to Bob Jones University today. Obviously Upstate is terrible, but still news when a D1 team loses to one playing in the top division of the NCCAA (ie, the NCAA for fundie Christian schools).

You might also remember Bob Jones from such hits as banning interracial dating until the year 2000; having "dating parlors" where students are expected to take their dates so they can interact while maintaining a minimum 6-inch distance between them; banning music that is "non-Christian," including any soundtracks to movies rated R; requiring 11 PM bedtimes for all students on campus (and packing them 4 or 5 to a dorm room, to cut down on alone time and encouraging narcing on each other); and continuing to expel and ship students home at their parents' expense for a number of violations, including drinking, drugs (including prescription), and any sort of sexual activity, most especially homosexuality.
I'm legitimately left wondering when the last time an NCAA team lost to a non-NCAA, non-NAIA team was.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Good times continue in Urbana-Champaign, where Illinois lost tonight to Chattanooga.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If they somehow lose to Chicago State, we'll know we're in for some real fun.

But seriously, this has given me a flashback to Iowa's Lickliter era where you just expected to lose to a few lovely non conference teams every year. :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

If they somehow lose to Chicago State, we'll know we're in for some real fun.

But seriously, this has given me a flashback to Iowa's Lickliter era where you just expected to lose to a few lovely non conference teams every year. :(

Got to see losses to Duquesne, UT San Antonio, and at least one Dakota in person wooooo

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

elentar posted:

Good times continue in Urbana-Champaign, where Illinois lost tonight to Chattanooga.

It's all Bruce weber's fault!!!!

^^what some Illinois fans unironically believe^^

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Georgetown just hit a halfcourt shot at the buzzer to go in up 5 on Duke at halftime. Pretty good half from the Hoyas, Grayson Allen :sigh: is pretty much the only reason it's this close. Blue Devils susceptible to strong inside play, and if you can isolate Allen on defense it's bad news for them.

edit: OK now Georgetown is totally getting away from everything they did in the first half plus Duke is hitting a 3 every time down the court, so never mind.

Pretty sure Allen won't hit 100% of his 3s the rest of the year but it looks an awful lot like it right now.

elsewhere, East Tennessee State just hit a 3 with .9 on the clock to beat Georgia Tech in Atlanta.

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 22, 2015

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

elentar posted:

i think we got a shot at the iliini this year

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

AJ Hammons just swished a 3 pointer

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
the big thing so far in this purdue game is that PJ Thompson is handling the press like a professional, i'm really impressed

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

the big thing so far in this purdue game is that PJ Thompson is handling the press like a professional, i'm really impressed

And he hit his open 3s and had a sweet steal of an inbound pass at the end of the half. Purdue only up 5 at the break though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Purdue is a pretty good and interesting team to watch. Up 6 on my Gators right now.

edit: they're shooting 41.7% from 3

dang we have no shot

Ehud fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 23, 2015

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ehud posted:

Purdue is a pretty good and interesting team to watch. Up 6 on my Gators right now.

edit: they're shooting 41.7% from 3

dang we have no shot

not too many teams are going to beat purdue if our bigs are passing the ball well, we are underrated at 21 right now

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

not too many teams are going to beat purdue if our bigs are passing the ball well, we are underrated at 21 right now

yeah I mean, we probably aren't very good but Purdue looks like they're gonna be a handful with all that size

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

yeah I mean, we probably aren't very good but Purdue looks like they're gonna be a handful with all that size

They're going to be better than last year and they're going to outwork most teams they play. Finney-Smith is a madman, dude was everywhere causing problems.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Florida looks like a tournament team from the eyeball test, they look good

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Miami is a Good Basketball Team, at least till they collapse in the league.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

elentar posted:

So Illinois is real bad right? ISU plays Chattanooga tonight and I want to know if I should worry at all.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

So Illinois is real bad right? ISU plays Chattanooga tonight and I want to know if I should worry at all.

Illinois also lost to North Florida in their first game, they are real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Moc. God bless.

• Locked thread