Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion is back
Nov 12, 2015

by zen death robot
it's so cringey to go back and watch it now and realize it's basically a sperg's mary sue insert fantasy about going to japan and fighting with katanas. there's one particularly bad scene where a guy asks a qt asian girl if she likes ferraris and she goes "bah! ferraris! italian trash!" like shes supposed to be the jaded badass cliche in an anime. you can practically see quentin tarantino chuckling as he tips his fedora while writing that scene.

man, the early 2000s were a weird time, before we realized neckbeard culture was gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
would you mind closing this thread?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gagelion is back posted:

it's so cringey to go back and watch it now and realize it's basically a sperg's mary sue insert fantasy about going to japan and fighting with katanas. there's one particularly bad scene where a guy asks a qt asian girl if she likes ferraris and she goes "bah! ferraris! italian trash!" like shes supposed to be the jaded badass cliche in an anime. you can practically see quentin tarantino chuckling as he tips his fedora while writing that scene.

man, the early 2000s were a weird time, before we realized neckbeard culture was gay.

gently caress you

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I have never seen the film, so I can't contribute to the conversation but I will post anyway.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
actually i thought from day 1 that volume 2 was better, but in this day an dage, it's not safe to attach onself to any tarantino but reservoir dogs (the basis of mgs diamond dogs????????) and pulp fiction, things have gotten so unpredictable and tbh tarantino completely destroyed any credibility he might have had

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

actually i thought from day 1 that volume 2 was better, but in this day an dage, it's not safe to attach onself to any tarantino but reservoir dogs (the basis of mgs diamond dogs????????) and pulp fiction, things have gotten so unpredictable and tbh tarantino completely destroyed any credibility he might have had

vol 2 was def better

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

gently caress you

agreed

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
they're both garbage you loving manchildren

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I think its good, and I would like to have the secks with every female associated with the film. So if you're reading this, Vivica Fox, Uma Thurman, Daryl Hannah, etc, PM me and we'll figure something out.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

sorry op its a good movie. vol 2 is way better for sure tho.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
django was a cool movie and i will probably see his new one

god willing it will be like me and django where i went by myself on christmas day in a theater packed with black people

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

i liked res dogs and pulp fiction but i thought the kill bill poo poo was a bunch of crap. liked basterds and django and felt like i finally found my old friend again, but it turns out hes just a big piece of crap. oooh im just a guy watching movies in a video store all the time, yeah right gently caress you. that was bullshit you fat fag. good director though i hope he is happy with his life.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

i liked res dogs and pulp fiction but i thought the kill bill poo poo was a bunch of crap. liked basterds and django and felt like i finally found my old friend again, but it turns out hes just a big piece of crap. oooh im just a guy watching movies in a video store all the time, yeah right gently caress you. that was bullshit you fat fag. good director though i hope he is happy with his life.

django was real good

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dad gay. so what posted:

that was bullshit you fat fag. good director though i hope he is happy with his life.

:cheers: heyyyy come to my movie time sometime

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

django was real good

yeah i love that german guy hes a loving treasure, and obviously all the QT stuff but drat that mother fucker is good. and his little bit in that naTzi movie

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

yeah i love that german guy hes a loving treasure, and obviously all the QT stuff but drat that mother fucker is good. and his little bit in that naTzi movie

Romeo did good too

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i remember seeing it in the theater when it came out and i was really excited but it was bad. i didnt admit to myself right then and there that it sucked but i think i knew deep down right away. vol. 2 is not much better. i dont relaly remember which parts are in which film. luckily he went on to make inglorious bastards.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

will watch anyting with hayden christianesen (that is hwis name??)

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think thats his gift, besides being a really good dialogue guy. finding these perfect vessels. hes running out tho.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
swords are mostly dumb
i liked in age of ultron how ultron was winning for a second when he was using that planes gun at the end
guns our only weakness! how did he know?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
no it's good sorry about your bad opinions OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

i think thats his gift, besides being a really good dialogue guy. finding these perfect vessels. hes running out tho.

he can keep using them

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Doc Block posted:

no it's good sorry about your bad opinions OP

hmm, weve been over this and im gonna have to say that you are the wrong one, and that sucks i wanted to like it to, but its just a big pile. sorry dude

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

actually ther eis an AMAZING part in vol 1 that is called "uma thurman kills like 80 people" and that can be best understood by reading The Book of the 5 Rings by Musashi, re: the "Many Enemies" technique

quote:

"There are many enemies'" applies when you are fighting one against many. Draw both sword and companion sword and assume a wide-stretched left and right attitude. The spirit is to chase the enemies around from side to side, even though they come from all four directions. Observe their attacking order, and go to meet first those who attack first. Sweep your eyes around broadly, carefully examining the attacking order, and cut left and right alternately with your swords. Waiting is bad. Always quickly reassume your attitudes to both sides, cut the enemies down as they advance, crushing them in the direction from which they attack. Whatever you do, you must drive the enemy together, as if tying a line of fishes, and when they are seen to be piled up, cut them down strongly without giving them room to move.

this is not a great translation, and somewhat out of context, because earlier he advises putting your back against a wall so you can fight your enemy as a single front; and here, although the translation doesn't represent it, he says "be sure to fight your enemy as though you had your back to a wall, and they are a single front, even if they surround you"

that's this part:

quote:

The spirit is to chase the enemies around from side to side, even though they come from all four directions.

ie: though they surround you, fight them from side to side (as though you had your back to a wall, and they came from one direction)

the other awesome part of is the anime part, although i generally detest anime; but to include anime in a hollywood film is a really good funny coup

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he should do a hentai footfuck movie but with his trademark rapidfire dialogue and heartpounding actions scenes, get some good animators put some nice titties on those feet

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he can keep using them

ya maybe. who knows im looking forward to the new one though

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
what did tarantino do that's so bad? i musta missed it. i like his moving picture films but his foot thing is weird and makes some scenes rly awkward now

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
see like no one could read whatever that carriage guy said. it shouldn't be that hard imo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
that fight in the kitchen did kick rear end

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Orkin Mang posted:

he should do a hentai footfuck movie but with his trademark rapidfire dialogue and heartpounding actions scenes, get some good animators put some nice titties on those feet

i am ok w this but he will still probalby screw it up by being an egomaniac

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dad gay. so what posted:

see like no one could read whatever that carriage guy said. it shouldn't be that hard imo

i still like res dogs and pulp fiction *fart*

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I like a whole lot of stuff personally

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

i still like res dogs and pulp fiction *fart*

it was a simpler time dick bag

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
pulp fiction is a great movie :colbert:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like wwII movies :horse:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
is anyone gonna make a :zztop: btw?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I like Werther's Originals Caramel Hard Candies made with an old world recipe

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

i like wwII movies :horse:

ever watched band of brothers?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i cant watch tarantino movies anymore bc if i do ill just start stealing womens shoes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

pussy wagon

• Locked thread