Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

How has no one mentioned the toe thing yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ever watched band of brothers?

ya

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

its a good show.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

kill bill is a good and fun movie and i enjoy it

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
OP, did you just stumble out of bed, rub your eyes, blink, and shout, "Egads! Quentin Tarantino is just an old weaboo!"?

I'm just curious, because the rest of the world already knew that. hth.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

its a good show.

What do you have against penguins?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Clitch posted:

OP, did you just stumble out of bed, rub your eyes, blink, and shout, "Egads! Quentin Tarantino is just an old weaboo!"?

I'm just curious, because the rest of the world already knew that. hth.

classic clitch! hey dude, what do you think about zz top?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

kill bill is a good and fun movie and i enjoy it

OctoberBlues posted:

What do you have against penguins?

fuckers think they are so special

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

fuckers think they are so special
yes i am special for liking Kill Bill

i am also special for liking lemonade and breathing, i assume

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

yes i am special for liking Kill Bill

i am also special for liking lemonade and breathing, i assume

your a penguin?
I thought you were cool

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
um it looks like mr. sausage man has just been re-named to "mr. buddy" looks like we could have some problems tonight

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

would you mind closing this thread?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

your a penguin?
I thought you were cool
no i'm a night watchman

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

dad gay. so what posted:

classic clitch! hey dude, what do you think about zz top?

Is that a new GBS thing? I'm out of the loop. Honest answer?

Geez. I dunno. Like...Like elevator music for a dive bar, maybe? Like what I expect to be the background noise of my idly mapping the leathery cleavage of a middle-aged bartender, like a topographical map of the Lompoc Hills, while I carefully de-label an MGD.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

no i'm a night watchman

Edd is cool

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Clitch posted:

Geez. I dunno. Like...Like elevator music for a dive bar, maybe? Like what I expect to be the background noise of my idly mapping the leathery cleavage of a middle-aged bartender, like a topographical map of the Lompoc Hills, while I carefully de-label an MGD.

think about it before you get so loving glib. watch your back.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Clitch posted:

it became a thing once we learned that ralp is wild about zz top. can't get enough

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

your a penguin?
I thought you were cool

I don't like your anti-penguin rhetoric, to be honest... I think puffins and penguins can live in peace.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

yeah, he was my favorite Ed

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gagelion is back posted:

it's so cringey to go back and watch it now and realize it's basically a sperg's mary sue insert fantasy about going to japan and fighting with katanas. there's one particularly bad scene where a guy asks a qt asian girl if she likes ferraris and she goes "bah! ferraris! italian trash!" like shes supposed to be the jaded badass cliche in an anime. you can practically see quentin tarantino chuckling as he tips his fedora while writing that scene.

man, the early 2000s were a weird time, before we realized neckbeard culture was gay.
um all of that stuff was already stupid and bad, the reason kill bill is cool is because he does that and actually manages to make it stylish and interesting

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

um all of that stuff was already stupid and bad, the reason kill bill is cool is because he does that and actually manages to make it stylish and interesting

seems like we already did that in our heads a long time ago tho? whatevs. shove it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I watched the Kill Bills with a friend who'd never seen them a few years ago and I used to be a huge Tarantino mark and he let me nerd off about the cut subplots and stuff like the baseball slice being recorded in real time, and the condoms filled with fake blood practical effect, and the fight with Darrel Hannah being modeled after War of the Garantuans, and Gogo being an actor from Battle Royal and the references to Samurai Fiction and Lady Snowblood and Twisted Nerve, and he chipped in some stuff I didn't know about like the wiggle your toe scene? has some basis in fact or folk, apparently? and like Okinawa has notoriously bad sushi, so a sushi restaurant there would make sense for somebody trying to lay low? also some little details like Pai Mei bowing behind Uma's back after Bill made a huge deal about Pai MeI bowing? And how when he was being a dick about her eating food wrong, you don't notice but he gives her his food in that scene. AND THEN SHE PUNCHESOUT OF HEROWNGRAVE FUCKK YEAR

anyway he enjoyed it and later we did the same thing with Blade Runner and My Dinner With Andre, and he took a turn a with The Name of the Rose but nothing was quite as nerdy as Kill Bill, because it was Tarantino being as shamelessly self-indulgent as he could and it's great and I love it.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

gagelion is back posted:

it's so cringey to go back and watch it now and realize it's basically a sperg's mary sue insert fantasy about going to japan and fighting with katanas. there's one particularly bad scene where a guy asks a qt asian girl if she likes ferraris and she goes "bah! ferraris! italian trash!" like shes supposed to be the jaded badass cliche in an anime. you can practically see quentin tarantino chuckling as he tips his fedora while writing that scene.

man, the early 2000s were a weird time, before we realized neckbeard culture was gay.

thanks for letting us know how much you dont like japan so the forum will think you're cool.

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit

gagelion is back posted:

the only thing gay around here is you

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Lord Binky posted:

it became a thing once we learned that ralp is wild about zz top. can't get enough

Really? I think they're like the Texan ac/DC. They are OK, but they're no ones fav. band.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

BigBoss posted:

Really? I think they're like the Texan ac/DC. They are OK, but they're no ones fav. band.

speak for yourself, fucko

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

quote:

AND THEN SHE PUNCHESOUT OF HEROWNGRAVE FUCKK YEAR

a p good scene

overall, kill bill tarantino's last grasp at relevance and accomplishment, everything else has been overt hackery

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

gagelion is back posted:

Its still good idiot

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I like everything Tarantino has made, but Kill Bill is definitely my least favorite for sure. Hateful Eight should be some quality viewing

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
agreed, vol 2 is the far superior movie

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
actually i always thought that poo poo was lame as gently caress

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

now I know you have awful taste in movie

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lord Binky posted:

I like Werther's Originals Caramel Hard Candies made with an old world recipe

Pretty good opinion right here to be honest. If your going to get a hard candy you should probably make sure its a Werther's Originals Caramel Hard Candy made with the old world recipe.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

nomadologique posted:

actually ther eis an AMAZING part in vol 1 that is called "uma thurman kills like 80 people" and that can be best understood by reading The Book of the 5 Rings by Musashi, re: the "Many Enemies" technique

this is not a great translation, and somewhat out of context, because earlier he advises putting your back against a wall so you can fight your enemy as a single front; and here, although the translation doesn't represent it, he says "be sure to fight your enemy as though you had your back to a wall, and they are a single front, even if they surround you"

that's this part:

ie: though they surround you, fight them from side to side (as though you had your back to a wall, and they came from one direction)

the other awesome part of is the anime part, although i generally detest anime; but to include anime in a hollywood film is a really good funny coup

What do the ancient masters say to do when a bunch of white guys with guns and zero fucks to give about honor roll up on your shore and demand all your good poo poo?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

threads that start of with the op droning on about how they hate something should be taken to the gas chamber imo.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

How has no one mentioned the toe thing yet?

uma's feet :gerty:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
HAVE U ALL SEEN THE MATRIX?????????????

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

opus111 posted:

threads that start of with the op droning on about how they hate something should be taken to the gas chamber imo.

IN THAT CASE WHY NOT JUST DELETED ALL OF SA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i thought it was supposed to be joke movies that were making fun of that type of stuff??

• Locked thread