Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
Here is Walt Whitman:

evidences
- lumberjack beard
- stands all gay
- funny hat
- shops vintage

if it wasn't obvious enough that every hipster since WW modeled they look after this fine specifmen, here is more proof

- genxerqueer fuckslut

quote:

The love of the body of man or woman balks account, the body itself balks account,
That of the male is perfect, and that of the female is perfect.

Limitless limpid jets of love hot and enormous, quivering jelly of love, white-blow and delirious juice.

- big fan of diversity

quote:

I hear America singing, the varied carols I hear,
Each singing what belongs to him or her and to none else,
The day what belongs to the day—at night the party of young
fellows, robust, friendly,
Singing with open mouths their strong melodious songs.

- really loved the native americans and the injusn

- lived in brooklyn, and could not stop talki8ng about new york and how great it is

- mourns the dath of national heroes

quote:

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

- ever evolving head canon of "animal vegetable mineral" bodies

quote:

O me, what I was for years, now dead, (I lament not—I am content;)
O to disengage myself from those corpses of me, which I turn and look at, where I cast them!
To pass on, (O living! always living!) and leave the corpses behind!

- entire work is one long blog

everybody since walt has been a sad poser. if you have any more human being quotes to add that you really like to jerk off to, feel as free as a bird! if you want to talk about omse other dumb poo poo who predated his contemporary brethren by millenia, go ahead!! here is afamous one, the protogoon nero:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i like his book Leaves of rear end

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Has anyone read that alan ginsberg book where hes like

code:
cock and endless balls

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im gonna have to ride with mr. sausage man, op sorry.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
is that herodotus?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dad gay. so what posted:

is that herodotus?

i thin ktso it has to do with the slutsa the slutas the slutsa!!!

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
The friend of the family, like the Injun, will be eliminated; it is the law of the races, history. A superior grade of rats come and then all the minor rats are cleared out. -- Walt Whitman

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jESnFcbFrH0
it's in spanish, but you get the point

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

sounds about right. although my source has "Someone proves that a superior grade of rats comes"

http://www.whitmanarchive.org/criticism/disciples/traubel/WWWiC/2/med.00002.56.html

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you also missed the what-not

quote:

it is the law of races, history, what-not:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the spanish see things in a mirror???

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

the spanish see things in a mirror???

they don't read left to right?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

By some turn in the talk W. got on the subject of the quadroons and octoroons in the South. Did he believe in amalgamation?

"I know many who already have it done—critics, reviewers, historians—done, proved: proves as they prove most things, which is not to prove them at all. I don't believe in it—it is not possible. The friend of the family, like the Injun, will be eliminated: it is the law of races, history, what-not: always so far inexorable—always to be. Someone proves that a superior grade of rats comes and then all the minor rats are cleared out."

I said: "That sounds like Darwin."

"Does it? It sounds like me, too."

W. then proceeded: "I have been in New Orleans—known, seen, all its peculiar phases of life. Of course my report would be forty years old or so. The octoroon was not a whore, a prostitute, as we call a certain class of women here—and yet was, too: a hard class to comprehend: women with splendid bodies—no bustles, no corsets, no enormities of any sort: large, luminous, rich eyes: face a rich olive: habits indolent, yet not lazy as we define laziness North: fascinating, magnetic, sexual, ignorant, illiterate: always more than pretty—'pretty' is too weak a word to apply to them. Do you tell me that amalgamation is likely? I do not see it. The American white and the Southern black will mix but not ally. I have considered the problem from all sides.

"It is wonderful the readiness with which French and Negro, or Spanish and Negro, will marry—interlock—and the results are always good. It is the same with the Injun and friend of the family—they too will ask no questions: they, too, achieve equally fine reproductivities. New Orleans, in my day, was divided into three municipalities, arrondissements. In one of these were the French and here were those great women—a full acceptance of them. Now, the Southern white does not encourage such intermixtures: there are psychological, physiological, reasons for it—back of all psychologies, physiologies, some deeper fact.

"They are a study, too—the poor whites South: lank, sallow coughing, spitting, with no bellies (and bellies seem a sine qua non): hang on and on into the sixties and seventies: seem to defy all auguries, theories, which attempt to set them aside or limit their future. For all that is said to discountenance them they maintain their independence, stand aloof, are not familiar, run affairs, govern, domineer."

naem
May 29, 2011

Oh captain! Our captain!
Oh ye of Nancy, SMOOT of the chicken,
Upon ye toilet!! The bowl fillith-
Jets there were of it! Spurts of pale glory!
Now-
Crusty, dried up, old-
Nancy, may she suck of it!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i'd say most of us races are dooomed on the altar of miscgenetation, the beautiful bcareamel founation of life

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Isaac posted:

code:
cock and endless balls

Howl is probably about how great banging dudes is, Howl 2 is definitely about how great banging dudes is

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

nomadologique posted:

Here is Walt Whitman:

evidences
- lumberjack beard
- stands all gay
- funny hat
- shops vintage

if it wasn't obvious enough that every hipster since WW modeled they look after this fine specifmen, here is more proof

- genxerqueer fuckslut

- big fan of diversity

- really loved the native americans and the injusn

- lived in brooklyn, and could not stop talki8ng about new york and how great it is

- mourns the dath of national heroes

- ever evolving head canon of "animal vegetable mineral" bodies

- entire work is one long blog

everybody since walt has been a sad poser. if you have any more human being quotes to add that you really like to jerk off to, feel as free as a bird! if you want to talk about omse other dumb poo poo who predated his contemporary brethren by millenia, go ahead!! here is afamous one, the protogoon nero:

you're a terrible poster

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

I saw the greates minds of my generation
destroyed mby memes

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you are like my nemesis, horny manicore, who will folow me from oen end of the universe to another to assure my downfall

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

destroyed mby memes

this might be the saddest thing i have ever seen

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

nomadologique posted:

destroyed mby memes

Who

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I had to read "Leaves of Grass" for a literature class.

The depth of my hatred for Walt Whitman is beyond measure.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i sin ghte body electric is some deepy erotic poo poo

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

I think its another ginsberg thing but about memes instead of cock balls or heroin

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Isaac posted:

I think its another ginsberg thing but about memes instead of cock balls or heroin

:rolleyes:

BowreeBookstore
Oct 29, 2015
If wallkt witman was alive today he would post on the EDC forums and talk to his freinds about the 'zombie apocalypse."

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

I saw you, Walt Whitman, childless, lonely old grubber, poking among the meats in the refrigerator and eyeing the grocery boys.
I heard you asking questions of each: Who killed the pork chops? What price bananas? Are you my Angel?
I wandered in and out of the brilliant stacks of cans following you, and followed in my imagination by the store detective.
We strode down the open corridors together in our solitary fancy tasting artichokes, possessing every frozen delicacy, and never passing the cashier.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

The wrestle of wrestlers, two apprentice-boys, quite grown, lusty, good-natured, native-born, out on the vacant lot at sundown, after work,
The coats and caps thrown down, the embrace of love and resistance,
The upper-hold and the under-hold, the hair rumpled over and blinding the eyes;
The march of firemen in their own costumes, the play of masculine muscle through clean-setting trowsers and waist-straps,
The slow return from the fire, the pause when the bell strikes suddenly again, and the listening on the alert,
The natural, perfect, varied attitudes—the bent head, the curv’d neck, and the counting;
Such-like I love—I loosen myself, pass freely, am at the mother’s breast with the little child,
Swim with the swimmers, wrestle with wrestlers, march in line with the firemen, and pause, listen, and count.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Daaaaamn you Walt Whitman
I
Hate
You
Walt
Friggin
Whitman
Leaves of grass my asssssssss

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"i loosen myself"

lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Totally a hipster, he was into paleo diets. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/30/books/walt-whitman-promoted-a-paleo-diet-who-knew.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur What an idiot.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I have a sweet rear end old illustrated copy of Leaves of Grass that has gotten me laid twice. You da man Whitman.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Rip Robin Williams

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

code:
cock and endless balls

Heck yes

Old faggy Ginsburg and Ball Swaggering Whitman were cool dudes

Whitman was also bucolic as gently caress

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

I saw you, Walt Stondopolous, dirty, lonely old Greek, poking among the meats in the refrigerator and eyeing the sale tags.
I heard you asking questions of each: No cheeper? What price half of this? Are you the Greeky?
I wandered in and out of the brilliant stacks of eggs, following you, and followed in my imagination by the store detective.
We strode down the open corridors together in our solitary fancy tasting meat rolls, possessing every frozen dekky, and never passing the liquor manager.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz8BCLNHREI

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
He's got wide hips.

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Also Henry David Thoreau

Despite his distaste for fashion, Thoreau did have some flair — if you could call it that. In the winter of 1855, Thoreau grew a neckbeard, which he claimed was for protection against “throat colds,” but also, he insisted, was quite popular with the ladies. Fellow author and Concord resident Louisa May Alcott reportedly pointed out the impossibility of this, mentioning to Emerson that Thoreau’s neckbeard “will most assuredly deflect amorous advances and preserve the man’s virtue in perpetuity.”

naem
May 29, 2011

Which was the one who lived in a shed? Because I saw his shed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

That's she'd boy

• Locked thread