Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

From giving our own players concussions:

To committing murder:

Xort is officially dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington sucks and I pray for death

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
The Vols offense looked terrible and we didn't show up at all for this glorified bye week. We only won because we have more talent. gently caress you Butch for that sorry attempt at coaching and for letting the team play like that this week.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

My team beat the other team despite our offensive coordinator doing his damnedest to foil it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

go gators

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

My team is bad and did their usual routine of being a crime against football for three quarters, only to kick it into gear and resemble competency when it was too little too late. This season can't end soon enough.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!
Welp.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

My brain just cannot parse this right now. What's the stat supposed to be?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

RumbleFish posted:

We decided it's

Non-
Offensive
Touchdowns

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

RumbleFish posted:

Someone in the GDT said what it was. Here's the answer spoiled because its kind of obvious to the point where it is a riddle.

"NOT" is the abbreviation for "non-offensive TD." They formatted that graphic horribly.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

My team is bad and did their usual routine of being a crime against football for three quarters, only to kick it into gear and resemble competency when it was too little too late. This season can't end soon enough.

Why dont you guys get loud ever? So loving weird.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern looked liked garbage against a garbage team. Thorson got benched for throwing a terrible pick then the lovely backup came in a threw a dumb pick then Thorson came back and said gently caress it and just did his ungainly giraffe run to ice the game. Anthony Walker is the most underrated player in the Big Ten. We're going to get massacred by Wisconsin and I'm going up there to get massacred by drunk Wisconsinites. Wildcats, bitch they won 8 GODDAMN GAMES and I thought they wouldn't even make a bowl this year sorry about your Body Clocks Stanford give me the Lincoln Hat.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Why dont you guys get loud ever? So loving weird.

Because the team is a dumpster fire and the collective spirit of the fanbase has been broken? I could tell even on radio/TV that it was pretty dead and I wasn't surprised by it, unfortunately.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Looks like that one is left over from the Tim Beckman playbook.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

Because the team is a dumpster fire and the collective spirit of the fanbase has been broken? I could tell even on radio/TV that it was pretty dead and I wasn't surprised by it, unfortunately.

Yeah but even in bad years Clemson or Florida is louder. It was a mausoleum in there today until that Qb throwback.

Then it promptly emptied when Kelvin put it away.

Its just disappointing bc your fans are pretty passionate in the fairgrounds, but forget when they come through the gates. Even in good years.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

And we just got a second one of these from Baylor.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

I wish I had one of the Illinois player fielding a punt, letting the ball bass through his hands, and then just standing there looking despondent as three Buckeyes fall on the ball at once.

I swear he gave an 'Oh well' shrug.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm glad Nebraska has a week off before Iowa. Ending the season with a win over them to get to a bowl would be pretty great after everything looked hopeless 8 days ago.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah but even in bad years Clemson or Florida is louder. It was a mausoleum in there today until that Qb throwback.

Then it promptly emptied when Kelvin put it away.

Its just disappointing bc your fans are pretty passionate in the fairgrounds, but forget when they come through the gates. Even in good years.

Well, yeah, the stadium's gonna empty when the other team scores a dagger TD with two minutes left.

You're the only person I've heard say that Willy-B isn't loud, so I dunno what to tell you. It got really goddamn loud during our good years, and depending on the opponent, plenty loud during the mediocre years as well. This has been a trying and unusual season, particularly with Spurrier leaving in the middle of it. People at the games just seem kind of shellshocked more than anything else.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

#1 in the nation was cool while it lasted

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

You're the only person I've heard say that Willy-B isn't loud, so I dunno what to tell you.

:shrug:

I find that hard to believe. Ive been to 20ish games at Williams-Brice so im not sure what to say either. The only time ive witnessed it particularly loud is 2010 Bama. For such a passionate fanbase in the parking lot its weird that it doesnt seem to carry over inside.

Good game today though-yall showed some fight late when the game was seemingly put away. Hope you guys get a good coach--id like to see some continued success in Cola.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

Was there some big injury or something I'm not seeing in the recap that would give you some cause for pessimism? You went on the road and won by double digits. It was a letdown week after a huge win. LSU didn't wax them either. Not a big deal.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

I dont even know why Illinois bothered to field a team this year

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Was there some big injury or something I'm not seeing in the recap that would give you some cause for pessimism? You went on the road and won by double digits. It was a letdown week after a huge win. LSU didn't wax them either. Not a big deal.

A couple key players got nicked up at the end but should be fine. Just didn't play very well outside Watson being a boss. Mostly came down to 'Cuse running almost only triple option and our team not being ready for it. They ran a much better option attack then GT did vs us.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

I dont even know why Illinois bothered to field a team this year

you've got a legit shot to win as many games as you ever had in the Beckman Era

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Texas Tech finally got Bowl Eligible!! Yea!!!! Hugs all around.

Also Texas lost which means I won't have to suffer through ESPN announcers talking about Texas needing NO deserving to get this win so they can go to a bowl "Them kids earned it with Blah blah blah" while I scream obscenities at the screen regardless of whats happening on the field. It was my greatest fear.

Also lol and :rolleyes: at UT fans wanting to fire Strong and pining about Mack Brown.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I'm glad we beat Indiana but Ohio State is going to destroy us. No run defense at all.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Thats 3 losses by Texas that can be directly attributed to just stupid rear end things by the team.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

:shrug:

I find that hard to believe. Ive been to 20ish games at Williams-Brice so im not sure what to say either. The only time ive witnessed it particularly loud is 2010 Bama. For such a passionate fanbase in the parking lot its weird that it doesnt seem to carry over inside.

Good game today though-yall showed some fight late when the game was seemingly put away. Hope you guys get a good coach--id like to see some continued success in Cola.

Ha, I appreciate you saying so, but I didn't think this was a good game. The fourth quarter salvaged it some, but prior to that, it was the worst SC performance I've ever seen. (Full disclosure: Was not watching/was not a fan during '99-'00.) The good news, if there is any, is that this game surely erased any desire to retain our current staff. Granted, I don't think Tanner was seriously looking at retaining Elliott or the assistants, but there's always that worry. I can rest a little easier about that now, I think.

The sad/frustrating thing is that there's clearly still a decent amount of talent on this team, even if it's not currently enough. It's just been so poorly coached and mismanaged. As a UF fan, I'm sure you can relate.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 15, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

As long as we're 1-4 at the end

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I knew it was going to happen from the moment we went up 7-0. But it still sucked.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Texas sucks and won't win another game but football still owns.

Numlock posted:

Also lol and :rolleyes: at UT fans wanting to fire Strong and pining about Mack Brown.

Where is this happening so I can see it, but I don't doubt there are a lot of them. Most people I know are just apathetic and frustrated the team is so bad, and not particularly angry with Strong or under the delusion that Mack Brown would have done anything to stop this.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just gonna leave this here.....

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4661106-bo-pelini-meltdown-unsportsmanlike-conduct-penalties-ysu-ndsu-game

Please remind me again that I should be missing this moron

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
GT won't stop having key players injured every game, this team is almost dead. I also root for the chargers so this has been an absurdly stupid season of football so far.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Washington completely collapsed in the second half and I'm really loving tired of this team's bullshit. We can't beat Oregon and we can't win in Arizona. As long as these two streaks exist we'll never win anything of importance.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
arkansas football loving confuses me

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ACC is weirdly tough this year. Not that my team is particularly great, but a lot of teams are finding their identities and a lot of their players are buying in. NC State has some very good games. Pitt and Syracuse do too. UNC finally put it all together. Duke can't rely on their execution to overcome teams with more talent anymore because those teams are playing with just as much execution. gently caress Georgia Tech. Thank god VT, UVA, and BC all suck at the same time.

Really like Scott Schaefer at Syracuse, and even though he lost a bunch, I'd love to have him on FSU's staff should things go south

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
My team has decided to suck. Everything sucks. Football sucks Earth sucks The observable universe sucks

• Locked thread