Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Survived the harrowing bye week, so no complaints there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
If only Jimbo had put Maguire in the g tech game. Oh well. The Florida game should be fun whether florida state wins or loses.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

pillsburysoldier posted:

ACC is weirdly tough this year. Not that my team is particularly great, but a lot of teams are finding their identities and a lot of their players are buying in. NC State has some very good games. Pitt and Syracuse do too. UNC finally put it all together. Duke can't rely on their execution to overcome teams with more talent anymore because those teams are playing with just as much execution. gently caress Georgia Tech. Thank god VT, UVA, and BC all suck at the same time.

Really like Scott Schaefer at Syracuse, and even though he lost a bunch, I'd love to have him on FSU's staff should things go south

we suck

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!
Oregon defeats the Pac 12 refs, good game.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

pillsburysoldier posted:

ACC is weirdly tough this year. Not that my team is particularly great, but a lot of teams are finding their identities and a lot of their players are buying in. NC State has some very good games. Pitt and Syracuse do too. UNC finally put it all together. Duke can't rely on their execution to overcome teams with more talent anymore because those teams are playing with just as much execution. gently caress Georgia Tech. Thank god VT, UVA, and BC all suck at the same time.

Really like Scott Schaefer at Syracuse, and even though he lost a bunch, I'd love to have him on FSU's staff should things go south

No, it's not. There's 3 kinda good teams and FSU has maybe the worst loss of any top 25 team this year.

40% of the conference is 3-7, that is not anything resembling tough.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So A&M beat their cupcake even though it was kinda depressing for the first half (although aside from a fluky Special Teams play they only really scored once in each half).

There's definitely some coaching issues I saw during the game, but that's kinda been the theme of this season. Here's hoping we don't lose to Vanderbilt or else I'll have to consume large amounts of liquor.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

I was watching the game. That's a whole lotta exaggerating by whoever wrote that. The game was pretty much over by the time he was called for unsportsmanlike. He was also correct to meltdown because YSU was called for a bullshit DPI that basically handed the game to NDSU.

But by all means, continue pretending Mike Riley is a better coach.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Fluffdaddy posted:

Xort is officially dead.

Xort's Not Dead

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mahoning posted:

I was watching the game. That's a whole lotta exaggerating by whoever wrote that. The game was pretty much over by the time he was called for unsportsmanlike. He was also correct to meltdown because YSU was called for a bullshit DPI that basically handed the game to NDSU.

But by all means, continue pretending Mike Riley is a better coach.

I have never once defended Mike Riley.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but a potential ACC-Notre Dame clusterfuck is still alive for the playoff committee.

What if Notre Dame, Clemson, and UNC all win out and then UNC beats Clemson for the ACC title???

Do you drop 1-loss Clemson who YOU had ranked #1 in every poll you released behind a 1-loss Notre Dame whom they beat?

Or do you put 2 teams in the playoff from what is clearly the worst Power-5 conference?

Or do you tell 1-loss UNC who just beat Clemson for the ACC Championship to gently caress off and put in the 1-loss conference title game loser they just beat ahead of them?

Seems like no matter what the playoff committee would be royally hosed and I should be cheering for all 3 of these teams to win out and then for UNC to beat Clemson for maximum entertainment value.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Korranus posted:

Xort's Not Dead
Houston is Xort's Chosen

It is known

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou won! The offense actually did pretty good tonight. Pinkel and the team looked so happy afterwards. Get well soon coach. :unsmith:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice lost 58-0 on Homecoming to Southern Miss. This is what I get for having expectations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
News:

Views:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa is 10-0 for literally the first time ever. A Good Year.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

DuckHuntDog posted:

Where is this happening so I can see it, but I don't doubt there are a lot of them. Most people I know are just apathetic and frustrated the team is so bad, and not particularly angry with Strong or under the delusion that Mack Brown would have done anything to stop this.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/11/14/9735422/texas-longhorns-20-west-virginia-mountaineers-38-turnovers

There are guys in that thread that seriously think that Red McCombs was right.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

CraigK posted:

arkansas football loving confuses me

We weren't prepared for the season. We had poor blocking, tons of O-line penalties, and no push off the ball for the first four games. I'm not sure what they were being taught but they just needed to go back to what they knew. That and Brandon Allen looks like he finally got some confidence and some receivers who can catch and make plays.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CraigK posted:

arkansas football loving confuses me

Maybe the SEC is actually terrible.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Iowa 10-0!!

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

I've forgotten how good it feels to kill off Stanford's national title hopes.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Next week's College GameDay will be in Columbus, Ohio for Michigan State-Ohio State.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I hope "College GAmeday" is a euphemism for "meteor"

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Nervous posted:

News:

Views:

Down with the airbrushed views, not sure about the news. So nice to gently caress up Stanford's hopes for a change, quack quack bitches.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Not that I cheered for OU but gently caress Baylor and their bitch rear end players and fans

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Boomer Sooner, everybody.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
I hope OU starts to win a lot so Baylor can get into the playoffs by having an awesome loss with a freshmen QB

bondster
May 6, 2007

Woo Pigs Bitch, Coogs bitch, gently caress Baylor

A good Saturday.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
This was a great moment after the Mizzou game
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14132892&ex_cid=espntw

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I am pretty happy.

I feel like 8-4 would be a good way to end this, but Iowa State is deffo improved, and Kansas State is always tricky.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Baker Mayfield is pretty awesome.

CaptainYesterday posted:

Next week's College GameDay will be in Columbus, Ohio for Michigan State-Ohio State.

VT fans are loving pissed. I'm thinking not having national attention when Frank loses the last home game of his career by 60 points is a good thing but what do I know.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Finally, Basketball Season where Baylor will win it all just like they should have last year but unfair basketball karma and fake injuries to that dumbass coach for Georgia State + poo poo karma for retard who broke his leg or whatever caused us to lose despite Grit and Determination

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Thoguh posted:

I knew it was going to happen from the moment we went up 7-0. But it still sucked.

Counterpoint: WOOOOOOOOO!!!! Oh thank god not again

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
We got more clarification on which stats win out:

Baylor home game streak loses to Stoops never loses 3 in a row to same team streak and Stoops wins when hes an underdog streak, and we'll see the Stoops loses when hes supposed to win in a big game streak later in the season

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

CaptainYesterday posted:

Guess that means the week after will probably be the Bedlam game. For once it won't be Alabama/Auburn.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

CrumFUNist! posted:

I've forgotten how good it feels to kill off Stanford's national title hopes.

I think the only people happy in this thread are Houston and Oregon fans.

Go....Cal Bears.....and......UCLA Bruins.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

1) Eat poo poo nerds.

b) Dear Cal: please.

iii) Hail Xort, I beg thy forgiveness for my pathetic doubts.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
i'm so happy you guys

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

today was a pretty good day of football

CrumFUNist! posted:

Guess that means the week after will probably be the Bedlam game. For once it won't be Alabama/Auburn.

Bedlam is going to be so insanely awesome

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
COOGS BITCH

GET OUT THE WAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

today was a pretty good day of football

I thought we had you when your coach called timeout when McGowan was in the game because he noticed that was the play (1st and goal on the 5), then we did the play anyway and got the TD.

• Locked thread