Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

Quandary posted:

Oh and I forgot to mention, Baker Mayfield for Heisman.

He's hands-down my favorite OU quarterback ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Thank you, Coach Dreamy, for recruiting our best QB since Bradford.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

OpaqueEcho posted:

He's hands-down my favorite OU quarterback ever.

The heisman should go to the illegal OU player who illegally injured our 2nd string freshman quarterback on the first play with the latest hit ever that even got called by those refs who didnt call anything during the game (like the 2nd time OU illegally injured our 2nd string qb later in the game) - and even then OU still barely won. Luckily OU and Baylor didn't play the exact same schedule, except they did, since OU played bottom dweller from the SEC cupcake conference so their narrative is they are playoff ready instead of "havent played anyone yet" even though Baylor sucks and shouldn't count as "anyone" either (champs 2016).

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Just a good weekend USC won in cursed friday night slot. Next up see yall in Oregon that cursed poo poo town of eugene at night ugh.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Really excited to see how the Playoff Committee excuses this Stanford loss.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

anne frank fanfic posted:

The heisman should go to the illegal OU player who illegally injured our 2nd string freshman quarterback on the first play with the latest hit ever that even got called by those refs who didnt call anything during the game (like the 2nd time OU illegally injured our 2nd string qb later in the game) - and even then OU still barely won. Luckily OU and Baylor didn't play the exact same schedule, except they did, since OU played bottom dweller from the SEC cupcake conference so their narrative is they are playoff ready instead of "havent played anyone yet" even though Baylor sucks and shouldn't count as "anyone" either (champs 2016).

Sucks to BU.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

R.D. Mangles posted:

Really excited to see how the Playoff Committee excuses this Stanford loss.

It was past their bedtime.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LSU fans calling for Miles head this morning

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
I don't think any pac 12 team is going to get a pass. You can already say the pac 12 is out of the playoffs unless some whacky poo poo happens.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

anne frank fanfic posted:

Baptist tears are very, very salty.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
The Lobos are...6-4? Wasn't the whole point of bringing Boise State into the conference so that they could trounce us in football while we trounced them in basketball? Should I be excited?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

pillsburysoldier posted:

LSU fans calling for Miles head this morning

I'll probably get called out for saying this but they probably should. I think that LSU should do better than they do with the talent they have. Much like Georgia, it seems like they have a coaching problem. Granted, they do quite well and could do much worse if they fired Miles but the inability of that team to develop a good QB is just mind-boggling.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:agreed: coaches should be on week-to-week contracts so they can be fired whenever they do something horrible to set the program back like lose a game once.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
thanks for winning OU.

ND gonna lose to Stanford though. I don't even want to see how gross the BC game is.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

The Lobos are...6-4? Wasn't the whole point of bringing Boise State into the conference so that they could trounce us in football while we trounced them in basketball? Should I be excited?

Don't worry, they're going to kill you in basketball this year.

Aztecs bitch, undefeated in conference play :smug:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio State won again and now has the record for the most consecutive regular season wins in Big Ten history whatever that's worth. I think a Ohio State Iowa Big Ten Championship with the winner going to the playoffs would be huge for the conference especially since most years on division is usually bad.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I'll probably get called out for saying this but they probably should. I think that LSU should do better than they do with the talent they have. Much like Georgia, it seems like they have a coaching problem.

I'll probably get called out for saying this but they probably should. I think that LSU should do better than they do with the talent they have. Much like Georgia, it seems like they have a coaching problem.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
*hates ND and other big name programs, cheers for OU* *hates Baylor despite being what amounts to a division 2 team with no good athletes whatsoever in the smallest market and hasnt won anything ever* *cheers for Navy the Ohio State of the service academies*

why dont you just cheer for the good teams (my teams) and dont cheer for the bad teams (TCU, Navy, all the bad teams, etc)

at least we can still do what we're good at and rape and murder OU during bball season

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Cole posted:

Anyone else think there are a ridiculous number of good RBs this year?

Or is my ability to actually watch this year making it seem so and this is just normal?

I just want to point out that Air Raid RB DeAndre Washington is now 10th in the nation in total yards and is 19th in rushing yards per game. Even the Air Raid teams have good-great RB's this year!

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

MourningView posted:

This was really the only week the defense was bad and Minnesota busted out a lot of trick plays and new stuff on them that seemed to catch them off guard. Indiana moved the ball some too, but Indiana is a really good offense. Look what Indiana did against Michigan. Iowa did a way better just against sudfeld and shut Howard down outside of two long runs. The defense is legitimately very good, the offense (and particularly the passing game) has been the issue to the extent that you want to say a 10-0 team has serious issues.

Yea I suppose you're right. Indiana game was just fresh in my mind along with what happened yesterday. The offense looks so much when Beathard is healthy. Hopefully that sneak at the end was just a stinger and his groin injury is still getting better.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Nox and I reacting to seeing Baylor lose at home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5jNeE7aT0M

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

B-Mac posted:

Yea I suppose you're right. Indiana game was just fresh in my mind along with what happened yesterday. The offense looks so much when Beathard is healthy. Hopefully that sneak at the end was just a stinger and his groin injury is still getting better.

He said it was a hip pointer, which also happened against Pitt on his td run. Hopefully he's okay. He's so much better when he can get out on the edge on bootlegs and scramble when the pocket breaks down

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

vikingstrike posted:

Schotty is terrible, I agree. It's truly amazing the lack of progress from that side of the ball. I also agree with you that things look like Richt will probably be back but please fire Schotty into the sun.

Is it the last two times Auburn won they played for the title?

Richt's losses to Auburn:

2001: Down 7, stopped on first and goal on a run play without a timeout, clock bleeds dry before UGA can get another play off.
2004: Auburn went undefeated.
2005: Hail Mary.
2010: Auburn went undefeated.
2013: Hail Mary.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

I'll probably get called out for saying this but they probably should. I think that LSU should do better than they do with the talent they have. Much like Georgia, it seems like they have a coaching problem. Granted, they do quite well and could do much worse if they fired Miles but the inability of that team to develop a good QB is just mind-boggling.

He's guilty of the crime of not being Nick Saban or Urban Meyer.

What's the OU thing on the statue's head?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

What's the OU thing on the statue's head?

A Schooner hat

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

The most frustrating thing is that they get good QB recruits, they just break them once they have them. I swear that Jefferson, Jennings and Harris have all looked at the sideline with the exact same facial expression of "I have no idea what you guys want me to do" at some point in their careers.

Keep Frank Wilson and Coach O though, they are cool and good.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

LLCoolJD posted:

He's guilty of the crime of not being Nick Saban or Urban Meyer.

Bullshit. LSU is not a second-tier recruiting school. With the talent that gets fed to the NFL, the annual "gently caress it, let's look like a high school team" is purely on the coaching staff. Combine that with a near-constant litany of penalties (to include a frequency of delay-of-games) and there's no way you can say, "Well, he's not Urban or Saban". Bullshit.

Also, to add insult to injury, LSU's special teams (usually one of the best units in the country) is near dead-last in all categories this year. How's that, you say? Well Les decided to hire Bradley Dale Pevoto as the ST coach. The same BDP that Les let go after the 2008 season as a "co"-defensive coordinator 'cause the defense went to poo poo. The same BDP that went to NSU as a head coach immediately after...and was summarily fired after posting a 14-30 record. The same BDP who THEN was re-hired by Miles to coach ST.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Oklahoma rips off yet another teams song/cheer.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Oklahoma-rip-offs-Clemsons-We-Too-Deep-21205

Scarf fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 15, 2015

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Looks like OSU wins again on dubious officiating.

They were smarter this time and buried their blatant bullshit in the 2nd quarter by overturning an ISU TD. Margin of victory...4.

OSU should have three losses

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

D.N. Nation posted:

Richt's losses to Auburn:

2001: Down 7, stopped on first and goal on a run play without a timeout, clock bleeds dry before UGA can get another play off.

This was the first game that I ever saw him coach and I swear to you on that day on that play I said out loud that he was a bad coach.

Of course, I was wrong and he is clearly a good coach and I can see him one day winning it all if Georgia stays patient. I'm not so sure about Les Miles. He is wacky and kooky and I think he does a great job with recruiting and creating a family but I think that LSU should have more of an offense than Fournette and they don't.

This is not to say that I want them to fire Miles. I'm actually really worried that they might. I've always enjoyed playing LSU and probably like them the most of anyone in the SEC and love that the best team usually ends up losing.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Jose Aguafresca is actually cool and good

https://twitter.com/BigBam3/status/665882340070187008

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Coaches Poll

pre:
1. Clemson 10-0 (+1)
2. Ohio State 10-0 (-1)
3. Alabama 9-1 (+1)
4. Oklahoma State 10-0 (+1)
5. Notre Dame 9-1 (+1)
6. Iowa 10-0 (+2)
7. Oklahoma 9-1 (+4)
8. Florida 9-1 (+2)
9. Michigan State 9-1 (+5)
10. Baylor 8-1 (-7)
11. Texas Christian 9-1 (+1)
12. North Carolina 9-1 (+5)
13. Michigan 8-2 (+2)
14. Houston 10-0 (+2)
15. Stanford 8-2 (-8)
16. Florida State 8-2 (+2)
17. Louisiana State 7-2 (-8)
18. Utah 8-2 (-5)
19. Navy 8-1 (+4)
20. Wisconsin 8-2 (+2)
21. Northwestern 8-2 (+3)
22. Oregon 7-3 (+7)
23. Washington State 7-3 (+7)
24. Southern California 7-3 (+2)
25. Mississippi 7-3 (+3)
25. Mississippi State 7-3 (-5)
Others receiving votes: UCLA 57; Memphis 51; Georgia 35; Toledo 33; Arkansas 28; Texas A&M 25; Temple 17; Pittsburgh 14; Western Kentucky 11; Bowling Green 8; Louisville 3; Arkansas State 2; Appalachian State 2; Brigham Young 1; Marshall 1.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 15, 2015

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am concerned that Michigan will lose to Penn State with Ryan Glasgow out for the season with a pectoral injury. Run defense was non-existent with him out last night.

MadcowPSA
Sep 30, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

Looks like OSU wins again on dubious officiating.

They were smarter this time and buried their blatant bullshit in the 2nd quarter by overturning an ISU TD. Margin of victory...4.

OSU should have three losses

Was really hoping to see the Pokes piss away their title chances in Ames again, too. I mean, they didn't do themselves any big favors anyway, but the narrative wouldn't been really nice.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

I am concerned that Michigan will lose to Penn State with Ryan Glasgow out for the season with a pectoral injury. Run defense was non-existent with him out last night.

OR maybe Indiana is good at offense.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Refresh my memory on where Oklahoma state was ranked last week?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Of course, I was wrong and he is clearly a good coach and I can see him one day winning it all if Georgia stays patient.

I can't

Richt's been at Georgia for 15? years now. His biggest achievement is blowing out Hawaii.

What do you see Richt doing in the next five differently than the last 15

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Also Houston should be in the Top 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Richt willingly hired Brian Schottenheimer as his OC

He won't win poo poo

• Locked thread