Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Have you thought of melting the snow with acid, OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Maybe just do acid then flamethrower your driveway

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Pay a kid so they can learn the value of a dollar and the joy of a job well done op

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I think the amount of energy it takes to melt snow is so high that your flamethrower would go through an impractical amount of fuel.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is what you actually want, op:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWzGjN3Ueho

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Aralan posted:

Maybe just do acid then flamethrower your driveway

I did acid once and me and my friends little sisters boyfriend filled a shopping cart with newspaper and lit it on fire and pushed it around. Maybe some kind of setup like this?

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

I spent money on an image and a few lines of text.
A pulse jet would probably work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ceYtR22Ww

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

http://fmobserver.com/fargo-man-arrested-for-clearing-snow-with-flamethrower/

quote:

Fargo, ND – Local resident Todd Fox has been detained for “reckless endangerment” and “illegal use of high-powered fire-breathing weaponry” for attacking snow with his flamethrower. Fox reportedly became so fed up with the week-long blowing snow epidemic in his area that he decided to KILL IT WITH FIRE.

The neighborhood was treated with quite a show last night as Fox unleashed an inferno upon the mountainous snow palace that was his front yard. Neighbors to his immediate right and left noticed a bright orange cloud and could hear what they thought was “puff the magic dragon spewing mayhem all over hell,” which prompted one of them to notify police.

Fox stated that he was simply “fed up with battling the elements” and that he did not possess the willpower necessary to move “four billion tons of white bull poo poo.”

Police say that Fox surrendered his efforts immediately upon their arrival and that his front yard “looked like a hydrogen bomb had gone off.” They think he was just happy to be done with snow removal, even if it did mean a trip to jail.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

did not possess the willpower necessary to move “four billion tons of white bull poo poo.”

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Just get one of these for $35:

and do this:

Heres the home depot link for a $50 one. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lincoln-Electric-Inferno-Propane-Torch-Kit-KH825-01/100341111

This review: This tool has many uses but the one I use this for is melting ice around the house. No more chipping with an axe, shovel or dumping harmful salt on the walkway or driveway to clear built up ice and snow. Very fast, safe and easy.
This tool has many safety features that other similiar ones do not.
A great buy.

drat I might buy one myself, MN winters are a bitch.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 15, 2015

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

just make your driveway out of fire

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Bruce Kison posted:

just get out and shovel, you could use the exercise

you're gonna die man

http://www.science20.com/news_articles/why_does_shoveling_snow_increase_risk_of_heart_attacks-152786

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
I have foregone buying a flamethrower for the same reason I have not gotten a motorcycle. I desire both of them so much, but I know my impulsive, irresponsible self cannot be trusted with either.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
My neighbor has some ugly dying bushes that he just refuses to cut down and well I know what I'm asking for this Christmas

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I'm going to set my bush on fire

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I'm going to set my bush on fire

nice post/name combo

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Yeah, I always thought flame throwers were amazingly legal. God bless America :911:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I recommend spreading a line of gasoline on the sidewalk and setting it on fire with a match. Don't worry, only the gasoline parts will burn and it's much cheaper than even the $50 flame thrower.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
in a weird twist of events i've decided to get a flame thrower

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hell yeah let me know how it goes.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

JB50 posted:

This tool has many uses but the one I use this for is melting ice around the house. No more chipping with an axe,

lmao what the gently caress is wrong with you if you've ever even once tried to use a fine edged steel tool to break up ice from asphalt

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Volume posted:

Hell yeah let me know how it goes.

will do, i'm going to wait until winter is more underway. I was going to get a new snowblower this year, but meh for 50 bucks

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

extra stout posted:

lmao what the gently caress is wrong with you if you've ever even once tried to use a fine edged steel tool to break up ice from asphalt

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

extra stout posted:

What the gently caress do I use if Lowe's doesn't sell anything called an "ice breaker" or "ice shovel" or something? All I have is a "snow shovel" and it clearly doesn't work for ice.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I had a serious weed problem and my friend went to cal ranch supply and bough a flamethrower propane kind of thing and we burned all the weeds

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
call an airstrike to take care of the ice buildup in your gutters

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Meowbot posted:

I had a serious weed problem and my friend went to cal ranch supply and bough a flamethrower propane kind of thing and we burned all the weeds

This post was funnier when I thought it was about marijuana addiction.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

Have you thought of melting the snow with acid, OP?

Ive definitely melted the walls with acid before

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Baba Ganoush posted:

I tried pouring hot buckets of water on a wooden deck to melt a layer of snow so i wouldn't have to shovel.

it was a HUGE mistake.
So what was the result?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Buy a bunch of giant tarps, stake one side of them down, and while snowing go out about every 20-30 minutes pull them up by the loose end and slide the snow down to the staked down side.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

satanic splash-back posted:

What the gently caress do I use if Lowe's doesn't sell anything called an "ice breaker" or "ice shovel" or something? All I have is a "snow shovel" and it clearly doesn't work for ice.

I dont know about breaking snow but a non sharp axe with a heavy head is called a blockbuster

Its a sledgehammer with a tapered edge. Good for splitting dry wood.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

BigBadSteve posted:

So what was the result?

I also want to kno whow this mistake was so huge

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
just eat the snow you fat piece of poo poo gently caress YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

What, are flamethrowers not officially "guns"? I expected better from you, America.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

JB50 posted:

Just get one of these for $35:

and do this:

Heres the home depot link for a $50 one. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lincoln-Electric-Inferno-Propane-Torch-Kit-KH825-01/100341111

This review: This tool has many uses but the one I use this for is melting ice around the house. No more chipping with an axe, shovel or dumping harmful salt on the walkway or driveway to clear built up ice and snow. Very fast, safe and easy.
This tool has many safety features that other similiar ones do not.
A great buy.

drat I might buy one myself, MN winters are a bitch.

Yeah get this. Shoveling in the cold would probably make your goony heart explode.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
you shouldnt buy one because that device comes with a 100% guarantee you will light yourself on fire and inadvertently roast off that sweet plumped rear end you've spent 3 decades culturing.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

you shouldnt buy one because that device comes with a 100% guarantee you will light yourself on fire and inadvertently roast off that sweet plumped rear end you've spent 3 decades culturing.

thats why he should do it and it will be funny

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

basic physics you dumb dumb

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.
Just shoot the snow with your gun, using a flame thrower seems a little excessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Elman posted:

What, are flamethrowers not officially "guns"? I expected better from you, America.

I'm told you can't just shoot your gun in your lawn for no reason either, despite castle doctrine, WTF???

• Locked thread