Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i'm watching this show on netflix and i'm just wondering when does it get funny

so far they've googled if precum contains sperm and bought some apple juice and a morning after pill and i haven't even cracked a smile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
master of nuppets

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

googling precum makes me laugh

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
it has his real mom and dad though so it must be good

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
idk but master of puppets is a good and cool song

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.
the next episode with the flashbacks to the parents' hard lives in the old country leading up to their kids being ungrateful shits was pretty funny

oh and there's cucking later on, a gbs favorite always

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i turned it off and i'm gonna watch "apocalypse: world war 2" instead

aziz ansari isn't very funny i guess

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
he was also my least favorite character in parks and rec even though i hated all of the characters

i hated his the most

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Why did you watch it if you hated all the characters

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Aralan posted:

Why did you watch it if you hated all the characters

i watched like three episodes with my bf

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

amityville anus posted:

master of nuppets

pastor of muppets

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

deep impact on vhs posted:

he was also my least favorite character in parks and rec even though i hated all of the characters

i hated his the most

how could you hate all parks and rec characters? that show is fantastic

You don't sound like a very fun person IMO

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
if u don't like what happens at about 2:15 you are a goddamn terrorist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujwiWjJLwBg

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

i'm watching this show on netflix and i'm just wondering when does it get funny

so far they've googled if precum contains sperm and bought some apple juice and a morning after pill and i haven't even cracked a smile

It doesn't get funny, its just a small muppet and a giant muppet being kind to grandparents and girls. Like carrying their groceries and asking how their day is.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

buddhanc posted:

how could you hate all parks and rec characters? that show is fantastic

You don't sound like a very fun person IMO

i didn't like the brooding goth chick or the dumb guy or the athletic guy or the neurotic blonde or anyone really

i just didn't think it was a very good show

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Black lesbian friend can't seem to regurgitate the lines out of her mouth fast enough.

Funnily enough Eric Wareheimer is the best actor in the show but that's because he's basically playing a watered down version of himself.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
saw the first episode

didn't really like it.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
aziz ansari isnt funny hth

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cliffdiver posted:

isn't he a sjw comedian?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

jackyl posted:

idk but master of puppets is a good and cool song
it is, but Metallica definitely has better

Creeping Death>
Blackened>
All Nightmare Long>

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

jackyl posted:

Man, Metallica pretty good music for like 3 years.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

Man, Metallica pretty good music for like 3 years.
i'd argue that they made good music through '89. black album was okay, and until Death Magnetic everything else was varying degrees of bad, and even then Death magnetic is hit-or-miss depending on the songs, same with the Garage Days albums

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

i hated his the most

you're too bitter to enjoy the world, sorry

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ride the lightning is a good album

aziz is funny imo, the show's writing is just generic and meh

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
First episode was lame, but has a few laughs.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I watched a few eps and it isn't very funny. It's bland really

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

ride the lightning is a good album
the best 'tallica album imo

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

jackyl posted:

metallica sucks hard, after the whining about file sharing and the documentary where they hire a marriage counselor for the band and poo poo, how is anyone supposed to take those tools seriously

"a bloo bloo, stop stealing our music, excuse me i just sold some art for 5 million dollars"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sluggo is mad posted:

metallica sucks hard, after the whining about file sharing and the documentary where they hire a marriage counselor for the band and poo poo, how is anyone supposed to take those tools seriously

"a bloo bloo, stop stealing our music, excuse me i just sold some art for 5 million dollars"

yeah but those 3 albums in the 80s were good

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

One time Aziz Ansari met me at ComicCon and asked how big my penis was, I said "However big you want it to be."

He said "Now THAT'S paper" and walked away.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
so how big is it really?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was thinking of a new ep of orange is the new black and somethingawful foruns craze has swept the prison. Whos gonna post in what forum? Piper has to get serious now that no☆one is empty quoting her.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Planarch posted:

One time Aziz Ansari met me at ComicCon and asked how big my penis was, I said "However big you want it to be."

He said "Now THAT'S paper" and walked away.

this is a good story

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but those 3 albums in the 80s were good
four

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

sluggo is mad posted:

so how big is it really?

gar dash bage

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

i hated his the most

Cool sad life you have

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Hmm, lets watch this show about some guy I dont even know. I hope its a super funny comedy, I mean, I dont know what his stand up or books are like so who knows, I dont.

Oh its not what I ignorantly expected, what a dumb show.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

cliffdiver posted:

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I think it's a pretty good show with some hit and miss dialogue and scenes. It's basically the same show as Louie in that it's set in New York, gives you a good sense of the comedian's worldview, and has great camerawork. I think Aziz strikes a decent balance between cynicism and optimism, whereas Louie is mostly cynical. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, just different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.

Carver Crisis posted:

I think it's a pretty good show with some hit and miss dialogue and scenes. It's basically the same show as Louie in that it's set in New York, gives you a good sense of the comedian's worldview, and has great camerawork. I think Aziz strikes a decent balance between cynicism and optimism, whereas Louie is mostly cynical. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, just different.

it's a good thing, louis ck is loving depressing (also he jerks off in front of terrified women, don't support him)

• Locked thread