Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

HBar posted:

(Thanks dog kisser. On second thought I'd rather readjust stat points if that's fine too. Health 0->2, Mobility 3->2, Armor 1->1, Attack 1->0.)

(Go ahead, but only because this is the first round. In the future, if people end up not liking their stat allocations they have to wait until their Racer croaks!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

The Corporate Headquarters of Escutcheon Armor Technologies, several months ago.

Councilman 01 spoke, his/her voice garbled and distorted by a mosiac mask, "Next." Scottie Haglund, Escutcheon's junior VP of marketing, was ushered into the chambers of the corporate council, taking a seat placed in such a way that all the assembled councilmen loomed over him.

Councilman 01 continued, "Mr. Haglund, we have reviewed your proposal and have found it satisfactory. Participating in this race would be excellent for our brand." The councilman shuffled through some dossiers, people who would make good racers/corporate representatives. "Have your people spoken to Mr. Kalinin's people yet?"

Haglund nodded, "Yessir. We've managed to negotiate a flat fee upfront for Mr. Kalinin's cloning and mental imprinting expenses, with the rest of his pay being contingent on his performance in the race."

Councilman 03 spoke up this time, "We find that to be an acceptable arrangement, especially considering Mr. Kalinin's celebrity and, how shall I put this, experience when it comes to things like this." Scottie resisted the urge to fist pump, he had wanted Kalinin for this ever since he watched this year's Murderfest (Brought to you by Nanocleam!)

Councilman 01 cleared his/her throat, "You have the green light, Mr. Haglund. When the time comes, you will be put in charge of the corporate battlecruiser and will be provided with our full product line." 01 leaned back in his/her chair, "I see great things in your future if you manage to pull this off. You may go now."

Councilman 01 waited until Haglund was ushered out and the door was secured before speaking again, "Now, onto other business. Councilman 05, how are things in the Arcturus system?" 05 answered with a chuckle, "Tense. My men in place there say that everyone's just waiting for someone to take the first shot. Also 'rumor' has it that the rebels got their hands on some molecular disruption beams somehow." Councilman 02 piped up, "Sounds like the Arcturan government could use some new equipment. I'll have some representatives sent."

----

Anton Kalinin gave an enthusiastic holler as his heavy suit of armor plummeted. This was the sort of thing he lived for! The fact that he was being paid for this was just icing on the cake! He gave a thumbs up to a nearby hovercam, his suit's faceplate turning transparent.

"Hi! Anton here! You may already know me from other fine corporate sponsors deathsports, such as Murderfest XXXVI, The Master of the Minaret, or The Third Most Dangerous Game! Today, though, I'm trying out racing! But enough about me, I'm here on behalf of Escutcheon Armor Technologies!" A cheesy grin. "As you can see, they've outfitted me with their latest and greatest, the GD44 Dragoon Battlesuit, the finest in personal protection! I can't wait to put it through its- hold on a second!" Anton looked down, the ground rapidly approaching. Maybe shilling in mid air wasn't the greatest of ideas.

Shill: 6

Anton turned himself right-side up and began to pulse the suit's jump jets to slow his descent to survivable levels, activating the suit's rocket skates just before he touched down. The GD44 was off, a plume of white hot flame trailing it!

[1. Shill: 6]
[2. Mobility: 18]

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Work is killing me, I'll make an effort post later
MASON GOTTA GO FAST

GOTTA GO FAST: 2#1d20+1 2 12

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Two critfails on the first turn is a pretty good haul.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

RAMA’s massive shuttle lowers you partially into the atmosphere, just skimming along the surface. Your route flashes briefly on your HUD, before contracting to a subliminal tick in the corner of your vision. Your first destination: the Glitterblack, an enormous black desert of black sand. Pass through its dangers, and you’re on to the next step of your race. And then the launch cannon swivels into place - and you’re falling towards the planet, blast shielding stripping away in the atmosphere. Better hit the ground running!

The cannon shell enclosure keeps you aerodynamic as you sink down onto the desert of black sand. Crumbling slabs of obsidian dot the landscape, brittle to the touch, the tearing winds scattering them as you approach. The first move in the game could be crucial, and those far above watched with anxiety at the point of impact. Microcameras dispersed into the atmosphere captured the following from multiple, high definition angles.

quote:

Blammo!! (Blammy)
Mobility: 20
Mobility: 8
Mobility >=20 - You land with expert precision, already plotting out your next few steps. +2 to first Mobility roll next turn
Blammy touches down gently, the finely tuned machine gaining traction instantaneously and speeding across the desert. The camera angle follows it as it races by, finally allowing it to vanish into the distance. Post processing of the dust cloud spells out “Blammmmmmmmmo!!”

quote:

GEN (Gruff Mann)
Skill: Explosive Deconstruction - 16
Attack: Ground [LRM +1, Non-Adjacent, DT14 AOE] - 15
Mobility <5 - You stumble out of the gate, skidding and bouncing across the sand - you’ve got to catch up! -2 to first Mobility roll next turn
The cannon shell enclosure detonates prematurely, sending streaks of pyrotechnic fire across the sky. Launching missiles seemingly at random, DESTRUCTO MECHANO falls from the sky like a missile, striking the earth in a gout out sand, glass and fire. The footage freezes and rotates dramatically, displaying the carnage in full-spectrum colour. Rising steadily out of the inferno, DESTRUCTO MECHANO roars like a demon, even as the missiles strike the earth around the other competitors, spattering them with shards of black glass.
(+2 to first Mobility roll next turn from Skill Bonus)

quote:

Academy of Titan (Tom the Intern)
Mobility: 12
Attack: ‘First Place’ [Kinetic Leech +3, Fire Forward, While Moving, Mobility Penalty (1d4) on Miss] - 6
Attack <5 - You fire at an opponent, blindly. Dirty pool is fine, but FAILED dirty pool? Shameful! -1 Point (cannot go below 0)
The Mobile Testbed X-1κ touches down cleanly, hovering gently over the sand. Shrugging off explosion driven shards of glass, it sets off at a brisk pace, angling its Kinetic Leech towards a Racer far in the distance. Tom fires it off, but it fizzles awkwardly, perforating his gun latches and falling to the ground. The camera is merciless, playing and replaying the scene in slow-motion. RAMA itself seems to quake with laughter. Giovanni bit his tongue gently - it simply wouldn’t do to lose Points so early. That Racer would need a talking to.
(1 Damage from DESTRUCTO MECHANO’s wild AOE )

quote:

Crispy Creek Biotechnology Services (Knight Crawler)
Mobility: 9
No Environmental Effect
Knight Crawler struck the ground in a coiled ball, absorbing the impact. It then unfurled, legging its way towards the leaders. Slow and steady.

quote:

Escutcheon Armor Technologies (Anton Kalinin)
Shill: 6
Mobility: 18
No Environmental Effect
The camera seemed to show the Escutcheon cannon shell barelling towards the viewer, through the ceramic coating and through the Dragoon’s armor plating (seamlessly transferring between thousands of cameras), finally landing on a square shot of Anton Kalinin’s grinning face. He gave his spiel as he fell upside down towards Astrilia, looking like a man at ease in the caring embrace of his patron’s technology. Despite themselves, the viewers above were impressed - until the ad trailed off awkwardly, a mistimed end. Even so, Escutcheon recieved a handful of calls asking for quotes. A good start!

Meanwhile, the Dragoon landed like a dream, its rocket skates deploying effortlessly. With a quick holo-flash of the EAT branding (and a knowing wink at the cameras), Anton took off into the distance.
(+2 Points from Shilling - Racers behind Anton gain +2 to their first Attack on him next turn)

quote:

Smartees, Ink. (Mason)
Mobility: 2
Mobility: 12
No Environmental Effect
Bouncing on four oversized tires, Mason’s monster of a truck touched down. Almost immediately, it was assaulted by a storm of glassy shards. Mason ignored them, hollering in excitement. Popping onto his back tires, with flames gouting out the exhaust, he peeled out through the sands.
(1 Damage from DESTRUCTO MECHANO’s wild AOE )

The impacts had shaken the ground for miles around, kicking off landslides and stampedes. The fires from the explosion still burned through whatever scrub vegetation was trying to get a foothold in this barren land. The trackless desert bores scars from treads, wheels and feet. The race had begun!

1st - Blammy (+2 Points)
2nd - Anton
3rd - Mason
4th - Tom the Intern
5th - Knight Crawler
6th - Gruff Mann (-1 Points / Cannot drop below 0 Points)

(That’s your standings. When targetting people next round, use this list to determine your targets. Even if the other people roll Mobility and the standings are shuffled around, we’ll be using this initial list for Attacking. I’ll post an updated Position list at the bottom of every update.)

The Glitterblack bakes under the massive star’s heat, but in your chassis you are comfortable and safe. RAMA’s designs are impeccable, as expected - you’re sure to avoid the worst of environmental radiation and other such discomforts. It won’t stop one of these jagged obsidian shards from tearing you apart if you don’t pay attention - it’s not supposed to, otherwise it wouldn’t be any fun to watch! Loose sand and glassy spikes are your huge concerns here - it’ll take Skill or some expert Driving to escape unscatched.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

What IS an Ascended Executive Supracorp, Anyway?
If you’ve been living under a rock for a millenia or two, you may be unfamiliar with an AESC. Boy, are you ever missing out! An AESC is nothing less than the combined thoughts, minds and hearts of billions to trillions of individuals working in tandem towards a common goal – profit!

It’s a tough thing, managing commerce across the wide wide reaches of space – for instance, whose money are we going to use? How do franchises work if the franchisees can’t easily talk to their head offices? What if they get the crazy idea to go rogue and start selling stuff on their own!? Oh no! Well, don’t you fret – galactic commerce all takes place under the loving guidance of the Ten Spokes!
    Want to go out to eat? Looks like you’ll be dining on the succulent portions of YUMQUIK brand chow!
    Pirates got you down and you need some defense? Call into your local SMOOTHBORE and they’ll set you up!
    Planning to build something? RUMBLE is the one to call!
    Feeling a little under the weather? Drop into your local HEARTBEEP station today!
    Seen anyone acting a little suspicious? Run, don’t walk, to tell REDBLUE’s crew!
    Need some fresh produce? Maybe want to do some Bowling? Maybe gambling's more your speed! You want RAMA!
    Are you feeling sad? Depressed? In need of some… spiritual pep? Don’t fear, friend – counsel with LOOKWITHIN
    Having trouble with local weather? Need a sunny day for your chromeball tourney? Give a ring to SKYBEND, and those clouds will part in no time!
    Is someone bumming you out? Or are you just in the mood for a hilarious prank? Call ENDER – you won’t regret it, but they might!
    Ever feel like you have too much stuff? You can’t bring it with you everywhere, after all. Why not leave it in the loving hands of LOCKSAFE? Nowhere’s safer!
One way or another, every corporation - great or small - pays tribute to one or more of these AESCs (or their subsidiaries) in the form of knowledge, profit, or manpower. In return, they are granted a variety of goods, services and technology, which they can then pass on to you, the consumer! So bow your head in thanks for these, the Spokes of the Great Wheel of Commerce, the blessed AESCs!

...What's that? You still want to know what an AESC is? Tune in next time, ignorant one!

Alright, I need to let you know about Points! You’ve gotten some, you’ve lost some - what the heck are they for? Money has no meaning in the Sundown Run - so many corporations from so many places come that exchange rates would be insanity. Instead, Points are the lifeblood of the Run. Points are an abstract conglomeration of trade secrets, hi-tech materials, and even personnel that are partitioned out the the various entrants by RAMA. Even a single Point is highly valued, but actually winning the Sundown Run grants a staggering number of them, enough for the winner to ascend to Supra-Corp status on their own, if they wish!

Points can be used by both Racers and their mother Corps. Points are accrued by the Racers and can be used or banked with the Corp at various Points in the race - usually in Garages (which we will encounter later). If the Racer dies, their Points turn over to the Corp for their use automatically.

ACQUIRING Points
  • 5 Points for a 1st place kill - Take out the leader!
  • 3 Points for last place kill - Crush the little guys before they catch up!
  • 1 Point for regular kill - Death is cheap in the Run!
  • 2 Points for assisting another player - Running the risk of helping another out is ballsy!
  • 2 Points per Special activation - The crowd goes wild for that crazy stuff!
  • 5 Points for deactivating a Garage - If you can’t have it, why should they!?
  • 2 Points per round in first place - Everyone loves a winner!
  • Lose 1 Point per round for last place - Everyone HATES a loser!
  • Bonus Points for Checkpoints: 10 Points for 1st, -2 per each Racer thereafter - Drive for first place, baby!
SPENDING Points
CORP
Corps can use Point whenever they want, even when it's not their turn or when they don't have a Racer in play.
  • 2 Points per race position to drop new Racer in - Spend Points to send your Racer ahead of the pack!
  • 5 Points per extra Stat Point for a new Racer - Use Points to boost your Racer past the limits of their forebears!
  • 5 Points per Part for a new Racer- Use Points to kit your new Racer out with the latest gear!
  • 15 Points to advertise (+1 bonus to Points gained) - Extol the virtue of your brand!
  • 20 Points to attack ad (-1 penalty to Points gained for one other company) - Point out the flaws in others!
  • X Points for Research (all companies can chip in for bonuses) - Work with your competition to get better stuff! More on this later on!
RACER Racers can only use Points while they're in play - it will be clearly indicated when that's an option.
  • 5 Points to buy new Parts at Garages - Buy yourself some new gear!
  • X Points to activate environmental effects - Keep an eye on the terrain, Racer!

Finally, but crucially, the Audience Factor.
Each Round, Corps without a Racer in play can donate 1 Point to any one Racer that they wish. This does not come from your own personal stash, RAMA distributed an allowance of Points to each Corp for precisely this reason. You do no NEED to donate Points, but if someone does something you like, or you just feel like being kind, go right ahead! You cannot donate it to yourself or otherwise launder it back into your coffers - it's straight up generosity Points! Keep in mind, this applies to lurkers just as well - in-game, they're Corps as well, even if they aren't racing!

Good luck!)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 1, 2015

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Crispy Creek Biotechnology Services

Knight Crawler
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3751594&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post452761248
  • HP: 18/18
  • Health:2
  • Mobility: 2
  • Armor: 1
  • Attack: 0
  • Parts: Photo.Synthesis

Hey kids! Did you know that under this armor, I have a human brain? It's true! With Crispy Creek, your body can be whatever you want it to be. Whether that's a supermodel, a star athlete, or a 40-foot centipede, we take all custom orders with a smile and total discretion. So forget what your kindergarten teacher told you – you CAN be a dinosaur when you grow up! Tell your parents!

[1. Mobility: 19]
[2. Shill: 7]

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751594#post452750619

We've made contact with the planetary surface. Sensor readings indicate that all systems are fully operational and undamaged.

And we're in first place. Things are looking up, wouldn't you say?

Hm.

You're still not feeling it, even with all of this good news?

We're not here to win this race, gentlemen, we're here to advertise. Keep your mind on the mission and order our mascot to vaporize that Anton guy who is chasing us.

J-jim? Not only would it be highly unusual to attack someone so early--

Listen. Whether it's your first day at a new school, or your first day in prison, there's only one way to enter the pecking order at a rung higher than the lowest. You pick the biggest, baddest looking guy, and you break a chair over his head. Nobody else will gently caress with you if you succeed.

As someone who went to college for this kind of thing; I must disag--

Tell me what your name tag says, Bob.

I don't see how--

TELL ME!

...It says "Head of Public Relations".

And yours, John?

"Head of Engineering".

Which means that, by process of elimination, we can conclude that I am the CEO of this company. And my word is the word of god. Now do as I say!

---

Down on Astrilia's surface, a highly modified gun turret on wheels tore through the obsidian-spiked landscape. Without slowing down a bit, its massive barrel revolved backwards and started humming. Crackling bolts of white hot energy flickered in and out of existence. A few microseconds later, a solid beam of energy was conjured forth from the weapon's muzzle and made its way to the unfortunate target.

[Roll 1: Mobility. 1d20+4 = 21; http://orokos.com/roll/346041]
[Roll 2: Shoot Anton with Disintegration Ray. 1d20+6= 24; http://orokos.com/roll/346043]

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Tom the Intern
HP: 13
Armor: 0
Attack: 2

"Right.. I'm still alive... I'm still alive thank GOD. Listen Tom, you can do this. You will get throught this and go home. You can do this."

Having psyched himself up sufficiently, Tom started to actually steer. "So okay, throttle the Warp Pendulum's momentum to the drive via the transwarp link, right? I can do that."

Tom opened the kinetic throttle with a practised hand and a slight self-satisfied smirk.

"...He realizes that the Warp Pendulum is in fact a pendulum. Doesn't he Margaret?"

"..."

"As in it goes to one direction at first..."

The Kappa could be seen speeding up a bit.

"...and then another direction the next."

Due to his newfound smugness, Tom shook off a lingering feeling that he was forgetting something very important. That is, until his eyes happend upon a note taped to a button next to the kinetic throttle. It read: "Pendulum frequency kinetic vector alternator. IMPORTANT! Calibrate to new pendulum frequency before increasing throttle!"

"...Oh. Well! I'll just quickly fix th-"

Tom had no chance to finish that sentence however, since he was too busy being forcefully yanked backwards with his entire craft as the Pendulum switched direction.

Mobility: 1d20+2: 3 Yes it is my second critfail of the game on turn two WHY DO YOU ASK?

"...Margaret."

"Yes, Professor?"

"He is an idiot isn't he?"

"Yes, Professor."

Nauseous and panicking, Tom wildly hit the button labeled "Emergency kinetic mirror".

Kinetic Shift: 1d20+5: 12

Hopefully it would shift his suddenly backwards movement vector somewhere near his front arc, and away from random stones or other hazards.

[1. Mobility: 3]
[2. Skill: Kinetic Shift: 12] Trying to lessen the negative consequences of my mobility critfail

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

character sheet
HP: 14

"Well done GRUFF, flawless landing! But remember, this is a chase sequence, don't lag behind!" Praisescolded the intercom inside DESTRUCTO MECHANO.
The descent to Astrilia had been 'wicked awesome' in the parlour of his handlers, but he knew a race like this offered no prize for second place, least of all last.
In a way his current position was the most dangerous, as it offered a reward of points for other racers to exploit without the danger of losing their place to arguably the slowest contestant.

To make matters worse, giant sharp spikes of obsidian rose up all around him. Apparently he hadn't fired off enough missiles yet.

"Ain't no way this HEAPS going to get around those spikes." he grunted, thoughtfully.
"And if I plough through 'em all I won't have enough truck left for when we get to civilisation."
Another grunt.

He looked at the myriad of buttons on display inside of his cockpit. He was sure most of them where for show, textures for the lore-obsessed gamers to gawk and ponder at.
Several needed special keys to open and one required at least sixteen steps to even get to look at. But most dangerous of all was the one that didn't require anything.

"Think they can outrun me, do they?
"Let's see them outrun my super missiles!"

:siren: Special Activation: 1d4 = 4 :siren:

The roof of the back of the DESTRUCTO MECHANO opened up to reveal a large, thin tube and a myriad of smaller gun turrets to guard it.
Without missing a beat, it launched a strange three pronged missile directly at Blammy's huge cannon racer.

[Special: You're my stuntman now: Force another racer to complete a dangerous task in your stead.]
[Stealing your mobility roll for this turn, Blammy. Good luck with those obsidian spikes!]

With a supersonic shockwave the hookshot-missile scored a direct hit somewhere in the armoured plates of the disintegration turret turned speedster, and the grappling device anchored itself in deeply.
The chain holding them together wouldn't last more than a minute at most, but the extra boost provided by the lead racer should provide enough mobility to get through this desert unscathed.

Now all he had to do was make the natives angry, but since there weren't any in sight he'd have to settle for his fellow racers.
His truck was at least 40% ammunition and he'd die ten times over before he let anything stand in the way of him using every last scrap of it to pulverize this forsaken rock.

Marcro Cannon Salvo: 1d20+1+1 = 16

Opening fire with every single gun mounted to DESTRUCTO's hull, he peppered his surrounding area with enough lead to qualify as a hailstorm according to most reasonable meteorologist.
The only thing close enough to be hit by this was a strange monstrous centipede, and in some way ravaging it with gunfire reminded GRUFF MANN of home.

[SPECIAL Success to steal Blammys mobility roll to escape the hazard]
[Macro Cannon Salvo: Suppressing Fire. Target: Knightcrawler = 16]

(forgot to account for my attack score in my roll, hence the unaccounted for +1)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Smartees, Ink
Mobility: 1
Armor: 2
Attack: 1

Of course the start of every race is now a ritual among the Mason subspecies. This has been tied to the ancient religion Mason forbears still believe in: The God of NASCAR. There are several schisms withing the religion over the consecration of Saint Kyle Busch, but most Masons still believe that the end times will come soon and the Prophet Dale Earnhardt Jr will take them away to the paradise known as Daytona. It has become a real ritual now at the start of every race: Masons throughout the planet are hootin', hollerin' and having wild raucus redneck orgies with each other. It is best for other species to stay far far away.

Mason the driver shrugs off the slight damage, but now Mason is feeling the rage swell up in him. Unfortunately, he has no idea where it came from, so he attacks the person right in front of him! The shotgun ducktaped to the hood fires off, dislodging itself in the process! It will need a turn for him to adjust it back to the proper position. Mason keeps peeling along, sippin' on Moonshine all the while

Actions:
Attack - Target AntonSay Hello to my Boomstick: 1d20+3+2 from my passive that I forgot 24
DriveMobility: 1d20+1 9

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Character Sheet

Anton watched with indifference as the others' attacks approached him. He attempted to activate the Dragoon's special defensive countermeasures.

Special Activation: 1 Hello, old friend.

...Nothing happened, a cryptic error message appearing on the suit's HUD. gently caress, experimental equipment was just the worst. Luckily, the suit had more conventional ways of defending itself.

[1. Special Activation: 1]
[2. Defend: 1d20 + 3 + 5]

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 22, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"Why look at that alt history mech suit! It isn't copy right infringement but it certainly has the demographics we want to appeal to! They look like they could use some help"

+1 Corp point to Anton

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Glitterblack bakes under the massive star’s heat, but in your chassis you are comfortable and safe. RAMA’s designs are impeccable, as expected - you’re sure to avoid the worst of environmental radiation and other such discomforts. It won’t stop one of these jagged obsidian shards from tearing you apart if you don’t pay attention - it’s not supposed to, otherwise it wouldn’t be any fun to watch! Loose sand and glassy spikes are your huge concerns here - it’ll take Skill or some expert Driving to escape unscatched.

Your HUD highlights several likely dangers, but you have bigger issues - you somehow need to drive carefully AND quickly AND not get shot AND shoot your opponents. Luckily, you’ve trained for this - you’re hardly nervous at all. With white knuckles on your wheel, you plow ahead.

quote:

Mobility: 19
Shill: 7
Mobility >5 - Please, this is child’s play. You evade the pillars easily. No Damage
The cameras swept around Knight Crawler’s chittering face as it dextrously wove its way through the pillars. Its words were superimposed around it, with an illustrated overlay tailored to the sensibilities of children and Kar’Tuns. Several of the Kar’Tuns in the Betting Hall gave a chuckle at its antics, sending a handful of Points its way.
(+2 Points from Shilling - Racers behind Knight Crawler gain +2 to their first Attack on him next turn)

quote:

Blammo!! (Blammy)
Mobility: 21
Attack: Anton [Disintegration Ray +3, Precision Weapon, Prototype, Loot Piñata] - 24
Mobility >5 - Please, this is child’s play. You evade the pillars easily. No Damage
Blammy kept up his rapid pace, wary of Anton lurking behind him. Upon recieving his orders, he smashed down on a button, sending a white-hot ray of fire at the Dragoon Armor.
([[Blammy 1d20+6=24] vs [Anton 1d20+3+5=15]]/d4 = 3d4 = 5 Damage. Anton gains 1d4=3 Hp from Protective.Scaffold)
The ray peeled through layers of armor, tearing away a sizable section. Blammy screeched in excitement. A sudden impact jostled him back into reality, and he whirled to look behind him.

quote:

Mobility: 3
Skill: Kinetic Shift - 12
Mobility Crit Fail / No Mobility - You skid off some especially loose sand, smashing into an obsidian spike. It tears into you and you cover your face in terror! Take 3d4 damage
Tom struggled to take control of his experimental rig, but it was too late. Even the Kinetic Shift was simply too little, too late - he braced for impact with a particularly large spike!
(Mobile Testbed X-1κ takes 3d4 = 9 Damage!)
The spear lanced through the fragile armor like paper, tearing a deep (and embarassing) hole in the enclosure. In the Betting Hall, Professor Giovanni dropped his head into his hands.

quote:

GEN (Gruff Mann)
SPECIAL ACTIVATION [Four Rounds Until Recharge]
Attack: Knight Crawler [Macro Cannon Salvo +1, Only Adjacent, DT8 Suppressing Fire] - 16
Gruff Mann activated his Special, to the delight of those in the Betting Hall. Hooking himself to Blammy’s rig, he followed closely in its path, avoiding all contact with the spikes - and allowing him to focus on what he did best.
([[Gruff 1d20+2=16] vs [Crawler 1d20+1=15]]/d4 = 1d4+1d2 = 1 Damage, no Suppressing Fire. Knight Crawler heals 1d4=1 due to Photo.Synthesis)
Pumping a fist, Gruff wheeled back to face the field - and bask in the adulation of his fans.
(2 Points for Special Activation!)

quote:

Smartees, Ink. (Mason)
Attack: Anton [Boomstick +1, Every Other Turn] - 24
Mobility: 9
Mason stuck the steering wheel between his knees, judging that he’d probably be fine. He’d driven through worse blind drunk - he was only blurry drunk, this time! He squinted and took a potshot at the back of the damaged Dragoon Armor.
([[Mason 1d20+3+2+2=26] vs [Anton 1d20+3+5=9]]/d4 = 4d4+1 = 8 Damage)
The blast tore the armor apart even as the Protective.Scaffold tried to repair the earlier damage. Mason gave him the finger and slammed one hand against the door of his Vehicle in celebration.

quote:

Escutcheon Armor Technologies (Anton Kalinin)
SPECIAL FAILURE [Four Rounds Until Recharge]
Defend [+5 Armor, Protective.Scaffold heals 1d4 HP]
Mobility Crit Fail / No Mobility - You skid off some especially loose sand, smashing into an obsidian spike. It tears into you and you cover your face in terror! Take 3d4 damage
Alarms going wild, Anton tried to activate his Special. No dice. He sighed and kept bracing himself for attacks. It didn’t make one lick of difference against the spike that took him square in the chest.
(Anton takes 3d4=7 Damage! Anton is Taken Down! Any Points he has gained transfer to the Corp!)

The Betting hall erupted in a chorus of groans and cheers. The first Takedown of the Sundown Run! Many more would be sure to follow, but the first one was always exciting!

Last Round Positions_____________________New Positions
1st - Blammy_____________________________1st - Blammy (+2 Points)
2nd - Anton_______________________________2nd - Mason
3rd - Mason_______________________________3rd - Knight Crawler
4th - Tom the Intern_______________________4th - Gruff Mann
5th - Knight Crawler_______________________5th - Tom the Intern
6th - Gruff Mann__________________________6th - VACANT

(Protective.Scaffold falls off the Dragoon Armor! [1d4=3] It Bounces! [1d4=2] It Bounces! [1d4=4] It Survives! Roll 1d100 to claim it - using Last Round Positions, the closest behind gains +5 to their roll, the next closest gains +4, and so on.)

(There’s an empty spot! I’ll probably go through the list of applications in order unless someone REALLY wants in right now - next up in that case would be Arcturus Development

The race is tight and hard fought, but you’ve passed through the dunes of glass and have reached a flat, irrigated plain. Strange purple and green plants sprout along the canals as far as you can see, and you can see a handful of screaming natives in the distance. The name of their species is unknown and frankly irrelevant given their imminent demise, but RAMA’s databanks label them ‘Rounders’. Good enough name, you suppose - four limbs arranged circularly around a central mass, and they appear to move by cartwheel or crab-walking on their limbs. They’re probably mad that you’re trampling their crops, but at your speed there’s nothing they can - BOOM - holy poo poo they have artillery! Take them out for Bonus Points!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 23, 2015

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Seriously, What IS an AESC?

Ascended Executive Supra-Corps are a friend to you and me! Anything you want, one of them - or their devoted servants - can acquire! As to what they ARE…

Well, let’s put it this way. In a mundane, lesser corporation or even (and I shudder to speak the words) a ‘small business’, one has to travel to work, complete tasks, and expose one’s self to toil and exhaustion just to make a living. Not so in an AESC! Every second week, an employee simply has to travel to their local Casting Station and strap themselves in for a relaxing week of learning and discovery. While their body enjoys a luxurious pampering, their unconscious mind can get to work for their patron!

Instead of wasting time on the inefficiencies of food and language and breaks, the collective processing power of trillions of employees brings gives an AESC a tremendous advantage. Their minds and memories are bound up together in such a way that each feels that they have gained, rather than lost. With sensors extending through the Undernet to touch points across the galaxy, with field emitters poised to work their will through Local Branches orbiting every inhabited system, the gestalt mind that makes up the AESC is truly a galactic organism.

Originally, there was but a single of these mighty singularities - it’s name lost to history. Borne from the desultory experiments of the early Antecedents, its framework was adapted and expanded upon by Humanity. Soon enough, once its potential was recognized, all three races joined together in hundreds or thousands of such gestalt minds. There was war, for a while. You know how these things go! But in the end, after centuries of pointless war, only the Ten remained.

And thank the Ten for that!

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

BLAMMO!! Incorporated

Points - 4
Parts - Red.Paint

[Health - 0] 10 HP
[Mobility - 2] (+1 from Red.Paint)
[Armor - 1]
[Attack - 3]

EAT's racer has been neutralized; Blammy is still in first.

We didn't land the killing blow.

This footage we've shot is going to make a fine commercial!

We. Didn't. Land. The. Killing. Blow. Take aim at those rounders and blow them to bits. We're not here to make the other racers look good!

Jesus, Jim. You're blood thirsty, even for an arms dealer. Can we not kill the little people, please? Market data says 71.2% of children find these rounders cute, in a way.

Blood! Guts! Fire everything we've got!

I-- I think there may be a third way. One that certainly looks impressive, but isn't all that lethal...

---

The T-type turret once again begain to crackle with trails of energy, but this time the energy gathered itself in a different weapon subsystem. A ball of electromagnetic power burst from a conduit and surged itself at a group of Rounders. Teslafield weapons had quite a bit of use in normal space warfare, mainly in disabling armor systems. It also looked quite pretty, despite being relatively harmless to human tissue.

Relatively.

http://orokos.com/roll/346558 - item roll (38)
http://orokos.com/roll/346560 - attack rounders w/ Teslafield weapon (lowers armor DT-4) (14)
http://orokos.com/roll/346561 - mobility (8)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

(Couple of minor notes:
- Thaumocracy mentioned to me that I did the math on his attack on Knight Crawler wrong - it has been fixed!
- People were also asking in IRC about Talent countdowns. They work like so: [Activation], turn 1, turn 2, turn 3, turn 4, [Recharged]. This current round would be turn 1.)

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Escutcheon Armor Technologies - 3 points

Scottie Haglund slammed his fist down on the bar. Goddamn it, he was hoping Kalinin would go the distance! Haglund pulled his datapad out and began browsing the Escutcheon battlecruiser's inventory for something autonomous . Racers were a dime a dozen here, but it would take time to either hunt down one who would meet the Escutcheon Corporate Council's exacting standards or wait for Kalinin's cloning to finish. After a few minutes, Haglund found what he was looking for and motioned to one of the many corporate cronies who hovered around him, "Hey you, go get one of those V57s from the ship and get it souped up."

Character Creation - Racer

Serial Number: rr6BteXM
Species - Escutcheon V57 Recon Drone "Walking Eye"

Stats -
Health - 1 (1 points) -> 2/14 HP
Mobility - 2 (2 points)
Armor - 1 (1 points)
Attack - 1 (1 point)
SPECIAL COOLDOWN: 3 ROUNDS
RACER POINTS - 17

Weapons:

Oo-ray
*No restrictions

Leg Spikes
*No status
*2 Restrictions: [Adjacent Only], [Interferes with movement]

Skills - Stealth Recon, Walking Eye Stuff
Special - Cloaking Field: The Walking Eye turns invisible, giving it a +1d4 bonus to armor, as well as obfuscating its remaining actions. It also gains a +1d4 bonus to attack when the cloaking field deactivates.
Parts - Smart Shocks - When you Defend and Drive in the same turn, add your Mobility to your Defense
- Kidney.Shot - The attack bonus you gain against Shilling targets is doubled.
AI Action - DIRECTIVE: PERFORM RECON ALONG WAYPOINTS; AGGRESSION LEVEL: OPPORTUNISTIC

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 12, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"...and thus due to his unfortunate, even if completely deserved demise, I unveil to you this beautiful device from our Gravitonics department!"

"Professor."

"Yes, Margaret?"

"The intern still lives."

"Huh. Now is that so? Well, the unveiling shall proceed nonetheless. If that boy continues as he has, he will soon die anyway. Either at the competition's hand or our own."

Racer: Juliet the Post Doc.

Species: Human

Stats: 2 Health, 1 Mobility, 2 Attack

Description:

Juliet drives the ”Mobile Testbed X-1Γ”, courtesy of the department of Experimental Gravitonics and Singularity Mechanics. More affectionately known as the ’Gamma’, the craft is shaped like Sputnik that hovers a meter or so off thhe ground, but the antennae point forwards instead of backwards.

Weapons:
[Riptide class gravity wave generator (+2) |No Effect |Only hits adjacent/Penalty to shilling this round]

The Gamma spins the core of its experimental singularity drive, generating destructive gravity waves that can be redirected with the graviton spinners. Unfortunately, the gravity waves quickly lose their potency with distance. Also, all the dust clouds and gravel shot up by the wave look bad on camera.

[Vortex inductor (+3) | DT8 – Life Drain | Cannot hit adjacent/Mobility loss on miss/Precision weapon]

The four graviton spinners at Gamma’s prow angle themselves to point at some distant location and fire graviton beams synchronized with the singularity engine. At the point of the beams’ intersection a small wormhole leading to the Gamma’s engine room will form, and material near the resultant vortex will be sucked in. The Gamma’s equipment can use RAMA-certified parts thus retrieved for repairs, but random field debris can clog up the engine. Also, since the spinners have to be very precisely angled to form the vortex in the desired location, the inductor is highly susceptible to targeting disruption.

Skills:
Graviton spinners: The Gamma’s graviton spinners can be used to affect local gravity, either to levitate small distances or to manipulate the scenery.

Schwarzschild’s vacuum: The singularity drive’s gravity fields are harnessed to scour the scenery for objects of interest.

Special:
Singularity Assisted Ramjet: The Gamma’s singularity, normally housed safely(bwahahah) within the engine is brought out and momentarily placed between the spinners in this pointlessly risky maneuver. The Gamma will automatically advance two positions(counts as an impassable mobility roll, in that the Gamma will not lose positions even if it didn't roll movement and cannot be passed by those behind it), and all racers it passes have to roll tough mobility rolls to dodge out of the Gamma’s way or suffer black hole related shenanigans. IMPORTANT: The SAR is a very dangerous device. If the special is failed, roll additional d4. On a 1, the Gamma is immediately destroyed as the singularity consumes it, in which case all racers behind it have to roll mobility to dodge the black hole.

Parts:
Gravity well generator (Cryo.Burst): Consumable. Racers immediately before and behind you automatically roll 0 on one Mobility roll this round.

AI Action: Move forward, slow and steady.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 14, 2015

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Corp Points: 0

Hello, everyone! We here at Arcturus are thrilled to be joining the race! I know we've got some ground to make up, so we'll get right to it!

Current Racer: Techs. Health: 14. Mobility: 0. Armor: 2. Attack: 2. Weapons: [Ramming Speed | No Status | Only Attack Forward/Fire After Moving], [Hit the Brakes | No Status | Only Attack Behind]. Parts: Cruise.Control.

Techs, in its massive tanker vehicle, hits the ground running, hoping to make up for lost time.
[1. Mobility: 8]
[2. Mobility: 11]

Part-catching d100: 63

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 24, 2015

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Smartees, Ink

The Smartees, Ink boardroom was in pensive though at their racer streaking up the positioning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8SzDm-EbNg

Mason hoots and hollers as he sees the other driver hit the spike! Second blood - YEEHAW! He picks up the part off the ground like a real pro racer, giving his best rebel yell and middle finger to the rest of the racers. He cracks open a chilled Milwaukee's Best and notices he has fans on the racetrack getting too close for comfort. Mason picks up his Megaphon and yells "WAIT TELL AHFTAH THE RAICE LADEES!" as he drives on by.

Actions:
Item Roll - Get that part (Last round position +5): 1d100+5 100
Attack - Target Rounders I gots me a mega phone: 1d20+1 2
DriveGOTTA GO FAST: 1d20+1 19

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Knight Crawler
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3751594&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post452761248
Protective.Scaffold grab: 11

At Crispy Creek, we're not just about cold, hard science. We also like to say that there's a circle, a circle of life, and it moves us all. And when one point on the circle cries out, the whole of it will answer. Watch as our centipede calls to his living bretheren, and they respond...

[1. Mobility: 14]
[2. Special–Symbiosis: 3,2,1]

By continuing to shoot at him anyway. Well folks, it's clear that these Rounders are sapient, and they have the choice and the willpower to resist their natural urges. Don't worry, I'm sure Knightie will be just fine. Did you see how his carapace spat out the bullets last round and seamlessly closed over the entry wounds? Incredible!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Tom the Intern
HP: 4

Loot grab: 1d100+4: 53

Tom was bleeding. Of that much he was aware. At least his adrenaline high had managed to finally make him focus on the task at hand. The momentum drive was on, and now actually properly calibrated too.

Turns out that the Kappa is actually quite fast when you're not loving up its operation. With a transdimensional wrench, the Warp Pendulum sped the Kappa across the plain.

Mobility: 1d20+2: :siren:22:siren: And so I bag both the game's first critfail and the game's first crit. What of it, I can't help being THIS AMAZING!

But how would he perform for the audience? All of the Kappa's weapons were only effective if the intended target was going very fast. After all, an almost unbreakable and unmovable ball at chest height is much more menacing when you're going 600mph rather than say, walking. Thankfully, the ambient noise of a local artillery barrage gave Tom an idea.

A screen lit up in the RAMA Betting Hall, as well as on the Academy's private channel's Sundown Run broadcast.

"Viewer! Do you wish to be part of Sundown Run yourself? Do you want to feel that VISCERAL THRILL!? Well, with the Academy of Titan's department of Applied Transdimensional Kinetics Manipulation, you CAN, from the comfort of your very own couch or other resting implement! Watch as the Kappa grabs these primitive artillery shells from MID-AIR, and throws them back at the locals! This is where YOU come in: Targets will be chosen by popular vote, or of course, by particularly generous patrons!"

Slingshot: 1d20+5: 14 The Orokos roll says 'Kinetic Shift', but that's only because I am a dumb person who forgets what his skills do. Slingshot is the one I meant to roll.

Tom looked around. He did not expect THAT much interest taken that they were in the middle of a sparsely populated flat with few interesting looking targets to bomb, but hey. It was better than nothing.

Giovanni stared at the screens thoughtfully for a moment, and then slowly closed the lid on the Kappa's kill-switch.

The boy would get another chance to prove himself.

[1. Mobility: 22] That is a crit
[2. Skill: Slingshot: 14] Throw the locals' artillery shells back at them, targets decided via audience participation.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 24, 2015

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

character sheet
HP: 14

The obsidian plains raced by behind him as the Hookshot Missile finally disengaged from Blammy.
He was no longer in last place, and what's more no one was shooting at him.
"Well done, GRUFF!" shouted the intercom "But stick to the script!"

"Ill make YOU stick to the script!"
He shouted, pushing his accelerator to the floor with a mighty boot.

Mobility: 1d20 = 8

It didn't make much difference, as DESTRUCTO MECHANO relies more on sheer momentum of weight rather than actually using it's engine to Go Faster.

Suddenly his onboard computer perked up, notifying him of the natives outside and several incoming projectiles.

"Aww yeah! Finally, some action!"

Driving straight into the nearest group of Rounders, smashing through a few farming vehicles, he took careful aim for the largest artillery battery his scanners could find.
With a bit of skill he could smash into one at such an angle that it would fall, firing into another one for some sort of awesome explosion domino effect.

Explosive Deconstruction to ram Rounder Artilery: 1d20+5 = 13

If nothing else, he hoped it would get their attention.

[Mobility: 8]
[Explosive Deconstruction: 13]

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The race is tight and hard fought, but you’ve passed through the dunes of glass and have reached a flat, irrigated plain. Strange purple and green plants sprout along the canals as far as you can see, and you can see a handful of screaming natives in the distance. The name of their species is unknown and frankly irrelevant given their imminent demise, but RAMA’s databanks label them ‘Rounders’. Good enough name, you suppose - four limbs arranged circularly around a central mass, and they appear to move by cartwheel or crab-walking on their limbs. They’re probably mad that you’re trampling their crops, but at your speed there’s nothing they can - BOOM - holy poo poo they have artillery! Take them out for Bonus Points!

The Rounder farmers gabble and wheel around, their six eyes flashing with rage and fear. RAMA helpfully translates their shouts of confusion as the hide within their primitive barns and bring out their weaponry. You’ll be long gone in only moments - at this speed they won’t have a chance of getting out more than a couple of shots on you - but you slow to make your confrontation more dramatic. After all, the audience loves conflict!

quote:

Blammo!! (Blammy)
Salvage Roll: 38 (You were in front of him anyhow, so don’t get a chance at his gear)
Attack: Rounders [9.17 GigaTesla EDF, DT4 Armor Reduction] - 14
Attack >5 vs. Rounder - Your advanced weaponry makes short work of their feeble weapons. The crowd digs a hero! [1/3 Rounders] +1 Point
Mobility <10 EVEN - You take a blast square to your engine - it’s shielded, but it’ll slow you down! Take 1d4 damage and -2 to first Mobility roll next turn.
Blammy launches a stunning bolt towards a stray Rounder. It takes him square in the centre mass, lifting it off the ground. It twitches and jolts, leaking teal ichor. The camera takes it all in, overlaying chemical composition and measuring muscle bundle twitches - anything the hungry audience might want to know.

The shots from the artillery pepper the land around Blammy with pockmarks of fire. One careens towards him and detonates on his chassis - the HUD reads trivial damage, but the Vehicle is jostled just the same. Primitive or not, the Racers clearly don’t want to get hit too many times!
(Blammy takes 1d4=3 Damage and -2 to first Mobility roll next turn!)

quote:

Arcturus Celestial Development (Techs)
Salvage Roll: 63
Mobility: 11
No Environmental Effect
Leaving the shattered wreckage of the Dragoon Armor far behind, the Sundown Run continues onwards. Taking up Anton’s place, a new cannon shell rockets from orbit, keeping pace with the Racers. Techs clicks its mandibles impatiently while it matches velocities with the pack. Suddenly, the floor drops out from under it - and it’s racing! The Tanker strikes the ground hard, crushing a Rounder shack and skidding awkwardly. But just as a shell is about to strike, a burst of speed pulls it out of danger.

Of course, that didn’t last.

quote:

Smartees, Ink. (Mason)
Salvage Roll: 100
Attack: Rounders [Megaphone, DT8 Confusion] - 2
Mobility: 19
Attack <5 vs. Rounder - How embarassing! Your shot goes wild or simply doesn’t penetrate! That won’t reflect well! -2 to Shilling next turn
A fragment of Anton’s Vehicle bounces towards Mason, who eagerly skids towards it, ramping off a broken farm. In midair, the shattered remnant of the Dragoon Armor explodes, leaving behind the Protective.Scaffold. It slams into Mason’s Vehicle, burying itself into its structure. A new light burns into life on Mason’s HUD, and he hollers in joy.

Mason’s rig rips through the Rounder’s fields, crushing mercilessly through their crops. A Rounder rolls out behind him, wielding some sort of rifle. Mason leans out and blasts a massive burst of sound at the creature, tearing it limb from li- Oh, no, he’s forgotten to turn it on. The Rounder breaks in terror anyhow, but the image of Mason’s confused face instantly goes viral on the Undernet, undercutting Smartees, Ink stock. How awkward!
(Mason gains Protective.Scaffold - Heal 1d4 HP while using Defend)

quote:

Salvage Roll: 11
Mobility: 14
SPECIAL FAILURE [Four Rounds Until Recharge]
No Environmental Effect
Knight Crawler keeps up the pace, easily sidestepping any danger - the shells strike the ground inbetween his feet, or pepper his carapace with too-slow shrapnel. The Rounders flee in terror of his ferocious visage. The Crawler chitters hypersonic waves out through orifices along his body, calling out to them as they run. They turn, for a moment - but fear rips through them, and they cartwheel wildly into cover.

quote:

Mobility: 22
Skill: Slingshot - 14
Mobility >20 - You manage to bait the artillery fire into striking the Racer behind you! Racer behind you takes 2d4 damage.
Critical Roll - Showstopper! The audience loves showboating! +1 Point
Skill >10 vs. Rounder [2/3 Rounders] - Classy! The audience loves a showoff! +1 Point
Ignoring the blaring warning’s, Tom kicked his Vehicle into overdrive. The arcing shells of the Rounder’s artillery seem to hover in place as the Kappa jerks and weaves its way effortlessly across the field. On a whim, Tom baits their cannons to aim in his direction, then jerks out of the way, leaving them to strike his newest opponent!
(Techs takes 2d4=4 Damage!)
The cameras take in the surprise on Tech’s face and the pockmarks of metal shells against the Tanker’s surface. Even wounded, Tom winks. Far up above, Giovanni hears murmurs of admiration.

Not yet satisfied, the Kappa seizes hold of the flying shells, casting them around at random, detonating scrub trees and assorted farm animals at the audience’s whim. Rounders scatter, but one artillery unit has its own shot redirected back down the barrel. The resultant explosion is set to triumphant electronic music.

quote:

GEN (Gruff Mann)
Skill: Explosive Deconstruction - 13
Mobility <10 EVEN - You take a blast square to your engine - it’s shielded, but it’ll slow you down! Take 1d4 damage and -2 to first Mobility roll next turn.
Skill >10 vs. Rounder [3/3 Rounders] - Classy! The audience loves a showoff! +1 Point
Gruff Mann grunts as a pinprick of fire pings against his IRON FLESH. His rig falters but for a moment, and then flame gouts out of innumerable exhausts. DESTRUCTO MECHANO charges through another artillery emplacement as it prepares to fire. It creaks over onto its side, smashing to earth in front of a startled Rounder. It leaps into the air, all four limbs stiff with terror, and the cannon fires. In luscious high-definition slow-motion, the shell tears through the hapless creature, sending its muscular limbs spinning away into the horizon. The electronic music video adds a few new scenes.

The field of Rounders lies bare and burning. Scans confirm that all Rounders present have been eliminated, leaving none to sound the alarm. Astrilia remains unaware of any danger, for now. It doesn’t matter - the Sundown Run is coming.

1st - Blammy____________________________1st - Mason (+2 Points)
2nd - Mason_____________________________2nd - Blammy
3rd - Knight Crawler_____________________3rd - Knight Crawler
4th - Gruff Mann_________________________4th - Tom the Intern
5th - Tom the Intern_____________________5th - Techs
6th - VACANT_____________________________6th - Gruff Mann(-1 Point)

You leave the Rounder settlement behind you, crops burning in the setting star. Your route takes you back into the open desert. Night is falling quickly - your route takes you counter to Astrilia's rotation - and the wind is picking up. The black sand is swirling around you in the darkness - your HUD cautions you to brace for a sandstorm! No matter how fast you’re going, it’ll take some serious Skills to get past this obstacle! Your screen pings an alert - there’s a few Garages somewhere around here, not that you can see it through all this sand!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 26, 2015

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Fate of the Rounders

A doomed people, on the very cusp of their first fledgling efforts to leave the nest. In their sibilant language, they a known by a name both beautiful and dissonant, sung in a four part chorus - but to us, they are known as Rounders. Here at the Society for the Preservation of the Imminently Extinguished, we seek only to inform you of their life before they pass into nothingness.

• Rounders are the dominant species on their little world, having developed agriculture and warfare along the usual pathways for a K-strategist, communal species and eliminated most of their predators (with some very dramatic exceptions).
  • Their limb structure is quadrilaterally symmetrical around a bulbous, disc-like central body. Three eyes on each flat surface of their central body allow them simultaneous views of the sky and ground surface (while using a ‘crawling’ gait) and a nearly 360 degree view of their surroundings (while using a ‘cartwheeling’ or ‘hopping’ gait).
  • At the tip of each limb is a simple mouth with a horny, beak-like chewing structure. They can eat while ‘cartwheeling’ or while ‘crawling’, as they so desire. Three mobile digits surrounding each orifice can be used for gripping and manipulation in conjunction with the beak.

Their technology is nothing to speak of, their art primitive, and even their ignorance of their imminent death is almost a blessing were ignorance not so abhorent. RAMA, may they be praised, has seen fit to harvest samples of all native lifeforms on Astrilia, but has chosen to leave behind almost all of their cultural works. Should the galactic community wish to reinstate this fascinating species in a protected viewing world, it would be both proper and lucrative to have some remnants dotting their new home!

SPIE formally lays a bounty on any such remnants retrieved by any participants in the Sundown Run. Good luck out there, and may death take second place instead!

(Almost any method can be used to acquire Astrilian or Rounder paraphenalia and submitted for review by SPIE. You may get lore, Points, a Part, or nothing, depending on the scale of your capture and your precision in doing so.

Also, reminder!
Each Round, Corps without a Racer in play can donate 1 Point to any one Racer that they wish. This does not come from your own personal stash, RAMA distributed an allowance of Points to each Corp for precisely this reason. You do no NEED to donate Points, but if someone does something you like, or you just feel like being kind, go right ahead! You cannot donate it to yourself or otherwise launder it back into your coffers - it's straight up generosity Points! Keep in mind, this applies to lurkers just as well - in-game, they're Corps as well, even if they aren't racing)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 26, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Side Quest Offer
Client: Walt Disney Corp.
Detail: Dear esteem racers of the current race, we at Walt Disney Corp. found the Rounder species to be very cute and adorable monster. The way they move and spin around is just.. Entertaining. Our artist would love to obtain a live sample to sketch it into a mascot or villain for our cartoon series. The first person who captures one of such specie alive and ship it to our personnel standing by at the finish line shall be rewarded handsomely for their effort.
Reward: 2 Corp Points (pay over two round)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

An audio-enhanced tinkle of a champagne glass rings across the Betting Hall.

Giovanni clears his throat in a stately manner.

"Colleagues. Competitors. Friends. A quick announcement, if you would permit me one."

"We all have our reasons for competing in the Run. Promoting our brand, showing our skills. And of course trying to claim our place within the Ten."

"The Academy of Titan for its part is an institute of learning. Of knowledge, both for profit and to some degree for its own sake as well. And I promise to prove this with more than just words."

"I, Giovanni, the current Dean, will thus pledge to use all resources donated to our cause during the race for the advancement of Science, for the betterment of all!"

Giovanni flashed a wry smile.

"If nothing else, it should result in bigger explosions for all of us to enjoy."

So yeah, if you guys have no idea what to use your gift-points for, feel free to chuck them my way. I promise to use all points gained this way for those 'Research that everybody benefits from' things. Might as well give us players more toys to play with, no? It also gives other players incentive to destroy my racers so that my corp can get access to those points to use them for Research, which should result in more murder which is good.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 26, 2015

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

In the Betting Hall, Terminals dotting the walls and floors and really every surface provide the Corp representatives with constant access to everything they might need regarding their business back home and their Racers down in the pits or on the surface of Astrilia. There is another section, however - Research. RAMA has started the Racers and their handlers out deliberately handicapped. Through Research, the Corps can work together to get a better chance against the hostile world below.
  • 5 Points Each - Bonus Objective I-III RAMA will generate an objective for the Racers below. Any who complete said objective will gain Bonus Points.
  • 10 Points Each - Radar I-II RAMA will inform you about specific environmental conditions you may encounter during the next round, though not the magnitude of the roll required for success. The second level will inform you about the magnitude as well.
  • 10 Points - More Garages 50% Chance of dropping a Garage each round.
  • 10 Points - Increase Point Generation Each instance of Point generation for Racers is increased by 1. This can be taken an indefinite amount of times, though the cost increases by 5 Points each time.
  • 10 Points - Snapaway Racers can be Snapped Away from the race on death - Parts are still lost, but the Racer remains alive, retaining Skills, Abilities and Special.
  • 20 Points - Point Cannon Creates a Cannon that Corps can use to shoot at Racers down below. Deals 1d4 Damage per 5 points.
  • 20 Points - Extra Part New Racers begin with 2 Parts rather than 1.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 26, 2015

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Corp Points: 0

"For the betterment of all." Please. We're all here to represent corporations. We all know that really means "for the betterment of our corporation."

"Arcturus believes in honesty. If you donate to us, we'll use the extra income to improve our own vehicles, but we'll prioritize other racers ahead of yours when it comes to conflict. We'll only fight with you of there's nobody else around. If its a choice between two corporations who have donated, a very unfortunate outcome to be sure, we'll go after the one that has donated the least. So donate to Arcturus, and have some extra peace of mind in the rest of the race!"

Current Racer: Techs. Health: 10. Mobility: 0. Armor: 2. Attack: 2. Weapons: [Ramming Speed | No Status | Only Attack Forward/Fire After Moving], [Hit the Brakes | No Status | Only Attack Behind]. Parts: Cruise.Control.
Current Points: 0. Skills: Unstoppable Force, Explorer. Special: Acceptable Losses

Driving fast is not enough. Time for Tom the Intern to get out of the way. A good solid nudge should help!
[1. Mobility: 10]
[2. Ramming Speed: 20]
(roll in the link is only d20+2, should have been +4)

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 26, 2015

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

BLAMMO!! Incorporated

Points - 5
Parts - Red.Paint

[Health - 0] 7/10 HP
[Mobility - 2] (+1 from Red.Paint)
[Armor - 1]
[Attack - 3]

We've taken a hit to our engine block. It will need some time to cool down. Luckily there's supposed to be a garage nearby that we can use to--

Veto'd; we're not slowing down. Full steam ahead.

Oh, this is good. We've just received word from SPIE that we will be rewarded for any artif--

WE ARE NOT SLOWING DOWN.

Jim knew that fortune favours the bold, and burning up a chance to visit their garage was a very bold move indeed.

That, or very, very stupid.

http://orokos.com/roll/347447 (Mobility #1, 1d20+2-2=16)
http://orokos.com/roll/347448 (Mobility #2, 1d20+2=15)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Tom the Intern
HP: 4
Racer points: 2

Tom peered through his front glass. All the sand made navigation overtly difficult, and he did not dare charge into the unknown at full speed.

Mobility: 1d20+2: 14

Of course, the issue with the sand could be entirely negated if the sand could be removed. Tom flicked open a safety lid over a particularly large, cherry red button labeled "MOMENTUM DRIVE OVERLOAD", and slammed his palm into it at full force.

Kinetic Storm: 1d4: 3

"..."

Somewhere, the Kinetic Anchor over Astrilia dug in deep into the planet's angular momentum, deeper than ever before. Deeper than probably was safe. Deeper than almost certainly was safe.

"..?"

The newfound surge of kinetic energy flowed into the Warp Pendulum, accelerating it through the void.

"...Nothing?"

All that energy was too much for the system to safely contain, so it needed an outlet. Thankfully, one was conveniently left open.

"Well, that's a bumme-"

Kinetic Storm: 1d4: 4 MY CHAINS HAVE FINALLY BEEN BROKEN! FREE AT LAST!

All hell broke loose as near-uncontrollable amounts of force flooded through the Momentum Drive's safeguards, clearing away all the nearby sand and other assorted debri, such as one rather unfortunate construction vehicle.

[1. Mobility: 14]
[2. Special: Kinetic Storm: 4] Does all the things it does, including throwing away all the sand near the Kappa so it can actually see

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

character sheet
HP: 14 - 1d4 damage = 3 == 11
2 points +1 point – 1point = 2 points
Random status effect: -2 to first Mobility this turn

---

That hadn't gone entirely as planned, what with the damage to his engines, but his vehicle was still running so that hardly mattered.
With the Rounders defeated he had to figure out some other way to impress the viewers back at home and more importantly the shareholders that held his video-game franchise alive with their sound investments.
He knew what they wanted of course, why they hired him. No one else could reliably provide so many different kinds of explosions.

The Sandstorm presented a few problems of its own. For one it blocked any decent view of his surroundings, something he could safely ignore in his armoured ride but would make showing off for the audience all the more difficult.
Secondly his targeting computer gave up the second a mote of dust hit the antenna. Oh well, who needs accuracy?

He flipped a few switches and loaded a missile from his special stock, a one-of-a-kind "WeatherBane" brand Lightning Seeder.
The thin blue rocket would fly up into the atmosphere and attempt to ionize a large area to perhaps goad some static buildup.
He wasn't sure it'd work in a Sandstorm, but he was extremely excited to give it a try.

LRM - Seed the Lightning: 1d20+2 = 11

As the missile tubes rotated to load the next salvo, what he assumed to be the eye-of-the-storm appeared infront of him, the racer from the Academy smack dab in the middle of it in a vortex of strange and maddening energy.

Well, how could he let such a tempting target get away?

LRM - Attack the Kinetic Storm: 1d20+2 = 5

A small voice in the back of his head tried to remind him that this was a race, that he needed to actually steer the vehicle to win. He imaged himself loading that voice onto the next missile.
Ah, sweet ignorance.

[Attacking the Storm with a LRM Lightning Missile. Target: Random! = 11]
[Attacking Tom the Intern and his special recklessly with a standard LRM! = 5]

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Knight Crawler

Knight Crawler sweeps his antennae and legs across the sand as he sprints through the storm. His first priority is to find a live rounder hidden from the scans, or at least a viable tissue sample that Crispy Creek can easily reconstitute into a full creature. He's also on the lookout for any hidden artefacts, and his last priority is to find a garage or any other kind of shelter. The meandering search paths cut down on his forward progress, but he still moves closer to the checkpoint with each curve.

[1. Mobility: 8]
[2. Scurrying(skill): 22]

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Smartees, Ink

Actions:
Mobility 1: 1d20+1 20
Mobility 2: 1d20+1 7

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

You leave the Rounder settlement behind you, crops burning in the setting star. Your route takes you back into the open desert. Night is falling quickly - your route takes you counter to Astrilia's rotation - and the wind is picking up. The black sand is swirling around you in the darkness - your HUD cautions you to brace for a sandstorm! No matter how fast you’re going, it’ll take some serious Skills to get past this obstacle! Your screen pings an alert - there’s a few Garages somewhere around here, not that you can see them through all this sand!

It’s getting really, really dark. Your beams cut through the gloom of the night, but the storm prevents you from seeing further than a few metres ahead. Dangerous, at the speeds you’re travelling - by the time you’d see a stone wall or more of those glassy spikes, you’d already be through them. Let’s hope you picked your way carefully!

quote:

Arcturus Celestial Development (Techs)
Mobility: 10
Attack: Tom the Intern [Ramming Speed +2, Attack Forward, Attack after Moving] - 20
No Skill Use - Sometimes you can’t brute force it! The storm turns you around - you drop behind! Drop 2 in Position [End of Turn]
When it came down to it, strange planet or not, sand was simply sand. Just because the goal wasn’t visible didn’t mean that Techs didn’t know where it was. Techs glanced at its Route Plotter - the path took it straight as an arrow through the Glitterblack. Shrugging several appendages, Techs set the Tanker on a straight path through the storm. Well, almost straight - it took a little detour towards Tom and Mobile Testbed Kappa. Events conspired against it!

quote:

Blammo!! (Blammy)
Mobility: 16
Mobility: 15
No Skill Use - Sometimes you can’t brute force it! The storm turns you around - you drop behind! Drop 2 in Position [End of Turn]
Blammy received the word from on high - no time for sightseeing. Turning cranks and pressing colorful buttons, the mascot braced against the titanic acceleration of his Vehicle. He chewed his lips in fear as the black sand pelted against its armor, the sky the color of static. His seat shook and rattled. His fur stood on end. Something was about to happen.

quote:

Mobility: 14
SPECIAL ACTIVATION [Four Rounds Until Recharge]
HP <50% - Sand fouls up your self-repair units - your armor will take a hit until it’s sorted. -2 Armor next turn
Special Success - Your Special technique clears away the storm for a split second - and allows you to find a hidden Garage! Don’t drop in Position, Garage Access
Alarms continued to blare unhelpfully in the Kappa’s cockpit, with an added layer of annoyance - the gritty, sharp sand was clogging up vents and plugging holes and generally being a nuisance. He could fix it, he just needed to get out of this drat sand! Despite the numerous proximity alarms, he set the Kappa on a fixed course while he fiddled with the Momentum Drive Overload. So distracted was he that he didn’t even notice the Tanker bearing down upon him… but when the Drive spooled, it didn’t matter.
([[Techs 1d20+2+2=20] vs [Tom 1d20+0=???] Redirected at Knight Crawler
([[Techs 1d20+2+2=20] vs [Knight Crawler 1d20+1=8]]/d4 = 3d4 = 6 Damage)
The Tanker swung by him at improbable speeds, causing Tom to flinch, but then it was gone, tossed out of his path by the kinetic force. The sandstorm, too, kept its distance - the Kappa was surrounded by a whirling wall of black glass and static. For a brief moment, Tom could see the stars up above. Maybe even RAMA themselves. A sudden explosion lit the terrain before him, and he saw it - a Garage! It opened for him, and he dropped into it.
(2 Points for Special Activation!)

quote:

GEN (Gruff Mann)
Attack: Random [LRM +1, Non-Adjacent Only, DT14 AOE] - 11
Attack: Tom the Intern [LRM +1, Non-Adjacent Only, DT14 AOE] - 5
Gruff Mann didn’t care much about being last. The loss of Points was inconvenient, but it presented him with a target rich environment! He fired everything - seeding the static heavy clouds with ion pathways to call down bolts of lightning. To his mild surprise, it seemed to work - a heavy bolt touched down somewhere half-glimpsed up ahead.
([[Gruff Mann 1d20+2=11] vs [Blammy 1d20+1=17]] = MISS!)
According to his HUD, however, none of the other Racers had suffered catastrophic electrocution. Not to be discouraged, he rotated the next set of missiles into place, taking aim at the weakened Academy Racer.
([[Gruff Mann 1d20+2=5] vs [Tom 1d20+0=???] Redirected at Blammy
([[Gruff Mann 1d20+2=5] vs [Blammy 1d20+1=11]] = MISS!)
Gruff spat disdainfully into a receptacle designed for just such a purpose. Well, poo poo.

quote:

Skill: Scurrying - 22
Skill =>20 - You manage to keep your cool and bypass the storm - and find a hidden Garage! Don’t drop in Position, Garage Access
To say that Knight Crawler was blind-sided by an Antecedent Tanker smashing into him would be an understatement. Absorbing the impact, Crawler curled into himself, rolling wildly into the sands. Far off course, it was all he could do to try to keep his momentum up. To make matters worse, the darkness meant that healing through Photo.Synthesis was out of the question. Well, nothing for it. He scurried his way through the darkness, seeking out any interesting life in the area on his way to his goal. No dice - either the storm was too severe, or this area was mostly unihabited. He did, however, spot a relic of RAMA - a Garage! Eagerly, he jumped into its open maw.

quote:

Smartees, Ink. (Mason)
Mobility: 20
Mobility: 7
Mobility =>20 - ...Sometimes you CAN brute force it! You manage to luck into a Garage, but your recklessness sees you clogged with sand. -5 to first Mobility roll next Round, Garage Access
Mason leans his head out the window to shout into the wind while absolutely hauling rear end. He pulls his grinning face back in after only a second, bleeding from hundreds of shallow cuts - but what a rush! Ignoring multiple warnings, Mason drives even faster, ramping off several unseen dunes and catching heavy air. On the last such ramp, he sinks down below the ground into darkness. After a moment’s confusion, the lights flick on: he finds his vehicle nestled in a sterile room, mechanical waldo arms stretching over every surface of his Vehicle - [GARAGE ONLINE].

(For those of you lucky enough to have found Garages, you have several options. First and foremost - you heal 2d4 HP, up to your max HP as dictated by your Health. Next, if you have 5 Points, you may buy a Part. I don’t think anyone actually HAS 5 Points left, so you can instead opt to detonate the Garage, gaining 5 Points. You can also transfer any amount of Points to or from your Corporate overlords.)

After nearly another hour of pounding winds and savage sand and glass, the storm subsides. The used Garages burst from their buried places, cannoning their occupants back to their Positions. When the dust clears, the standings look like the following.

1st - Mason_______________________________1st - Mason (+2 Points)
2nd - Blammy_____________________________2nd - Tom the Intern
3rd - Knight Crawler______________________3rd - Knight Crawler
4th - Tom the Intern______________________4th - Blammy
5th - Techs________________________________5th - Techs
6th - Gruff Mann_________________________6th - Gruff Mann(-1 Point)

Knight Crawler and Blammy are affected by the Kinetic Storm! Mobility roll <5 count as a 1 next turn!

You pass through the sandstorm’s wall, revealing a clear, cloudless sky up ahead. Astrilia’s mismatched moons shine down upon you, one full and one gibbous, like shining marbles on a black table. The route takes you through some pretty rugged terrain, but your Route Plotter is just flashing [One Moment - Resurfacing]. You shrug and keep driving, and then it happens.

You don’t see a flash or hear a peal of godly thunder, but suddenly the desert extending out in front of you drops away, the dunes flattened in an instant by some irresistable force. The surface boils red hot under the pressure, then cools instantaneously, leaving a tabletop-flat surface. The merest glimmer of RAMA’s power. Your Route Plotter flickers back to life, flashing [GO GO GO]. The First Checkpoint is up ahead - and a huge load of Points for the first one through! Haul rear end!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 28, 2015

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Kar’Tuns and the Undernet

Kar’Tuns, as we all know, are relatively new on the galactic stage. At least, in the spatial dimensions with which we most often interact. In truth, they have existed for significantly longer than humanity - exactly how much longer is difficult to quantify, due to the way they measure time, as well as the… inexactness of their personalities. A noted corporate scholar describes them as follows:

quote:

The Kar’tun (Also known as Car Tuner) is a form of two-dimensional entity. While the specific definition has changed over time, modern usage refers to a typically non-physical or semi-physical creature that doesn’t have a physical body in the Z-axis. They are generally filled with satire, caricature, or humorous beings. They seem to require some sort of conceptual meaning both physically and mentally to be able to exist in our dimension. Thus, many of them take the form of things that can be found in this world, but twisted into the design of their individual species’ preference. Their less respectful nickname is called: The Plagiarizer.

Kar’tun’s car typically uses fresces for their external design while the car’s component parts of the composition when assembled in a 2-D printer over a series of days to link up accurately in the X and Y axis while providing a really miniscule amount at nano-scale level of Z axis to make them possible to exist in this world. They have a great advantage in passing other racers with agility and due to their lack of depth, but the lack of constitution makes them much more fragile than other racers. They are skilled into car tuning related abilities thanks to their immunity to the physical resistance of the z-axis which allows them to slip through the z-dimension and reach the x-y dimension. In layman term, they can 'phase' through an object and perform modification or change to it. This ability become especially useful in Sundown Run as the racer can almost instantaneously swap and install parts on the go. Thus, this earned their nickname of Car Turner.

Walt Disney Corp. is their main benefactor who invented the two dimensional gate to enabled these species to travel into our world. Thus, most of Kar’tun racers are represented by Walt Disney Corp and many takes the forms of licensed property the corporation owns.

The specific biological mechanism of the Kar’tun remains a mystery, but it is believe that they are powered through something called ‘Animation’. It is uncertain whether these being require substance such as food or sleep, but the symptom for the lack of food and sleep does manifest in these being when they took the form of things that require so. Was it mimicry or does their adaptive morphing ability changed their biology? The world may never know.
Now, ignoring certain inaccuracies or disagreements visa-vi the originator of the 2D-3D gateway mechanism (Walt Disney Corporation's claim is under intense litigation in the Galactic Courts), this is an accurate account of the Kar’Tun as we know them. Though they are most comfortable in their native two dimensional forms, printed avatoids and proxy limbs are provided for their use in interacting with the other two dominant species. In the case that simple communication will suffice, they can propagate themselves along any two dimensional surface, strongly preferring back-lit communication screens or fields. The means for their propagation is a field of hotly contested study, but is believed to have something to do with their close ties to the Undernet.

The Undernet is a blanket term for a staggering myriad of communication systems running through a one-dimensional plane. Though it occupies no ‘space’ as we would recognize it, every three-dimensional point in the known universe intersects with it through complicated mathematical interactions. Boiled down to layman’s terms, it is possible to send data from any one point in 3D, through 1D, and back to 3D, instantaneously. Orginally touched upon by the Antecedents (several times, in fact, before being abandoned for alternative research), it was not until first contact with the Kar’Tun that its true uses were exploited. The dimensional relays fold through 2D space, and the Kar’Tun provide unparalleled expertise along those lines. It is not an exaggeration to state that without the Kar’Tun, global commerce and communication would simply not be possible.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Smartees, Ink
HP: 13 + 1 = 14

Mason (the driver) gruffly stomps around in the garage, angry that sand is clogging his engine! "Well et's jest like a superintendent partridge, ye jus gotta blow on it to git et tu werk!" Mason starts blowing on the engine with the help of a leaf blower left in the Garage. It seems the redneck engineuity pays off, since he's out of the garage lickity split, somehow going even faster than before!

Actions:
Redneck Engineuity (to unclog the sand, negating the -5 to first mobility)Car repair: 1d20+5 20
Mobility: 1d20+1 21
Heal: 2d4 6

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Knight Crawler
  • HP: 12 + [Garage healing: 2d4=6] = 18/18
  • Special cooldown: 3 turns

Knight Crawler leapt out of the exploding garage, scampering full speed ahead. He felt strong as ever – his kind could survive being stepped on once or twice.

Meanwhile in the betting hall, Mr. DNA was making another sales pitch.

Crispy Creek is proud to announce the newest addition to its product catalog, the Rotunder! While the precise Rounder genome may sadly be lost with the last of their species, the Rotunder has been brilliantly engineered by our reverse-geneticists to match the Rounders' appearance and known behaviors. The first specimens are fresh out of the vats and one has been licensed to each competing corporation as a courtesy sample. And remember, our reverse-engineering doesn't just apply to species that already existed. If you can describe a creature you want to make real, Crispy Creek will be happy to design it for a nominal fee. At Crispy Creek, we bring your imagination to life!

[1. Mobility: 19]
[2. Shill: 18]

Crispy Creek also donates 1 point to Arcturus, with the request that it be directed towards Snapaway research. Real-time marketing data indicates that viewers are starting to become attached to Knight Crawler despite his appearance, and consequently his loss would affect share prices.

HBar fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HBar posted:

Crispy Creek also donates 1 point to Arcturus, with the request that it be directed towards Snapaway research. Real-time marketing data indicates that viewers are starting to become attached to Knight Crawler despite his appearance, and consequently his loss would affect share prices.

(Only Non-Racing Corps can donate points, I'm afraid!)

• Locked thread