Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
A lot of people love to look at their phones and check their apps and sites and stuff all the time. But many other people think they do it too much and do not like to see them doing it. Who do you think is in the right here and why? Personally I love looking at my phone and I am tired of getting crap for it from parents, teachers, etc and I think they need to chill out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
i literally dont give a gently caress op

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i am a millennial with a smartphone, therefore i am obliged to say i do nothing but stare at it all day while ignoring my surroundings, regardless of importance

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Oberleutnant posted:

posted from my iphone

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
People should have to take a class on knowing when it's acceptable to pull out your phone and gawk at it like a drooling idiot.

No, you shouldn't have your phone out checking facebook while working at the registration desk at a medical facility, dumb rear end.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oberleutnant posted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

People should have to take a class on knowing when it's acceptable to pull out your phone and gawk at it like a drooling idiot.

No, you shouldn't have your phone out checking facebook while working at the registration desk at a medical facility, dumb rear end.

I dont see the problem, I think people get uptight seeing a phone when they wouldnt care if it was a news paper or a book

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

y right now

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
You shouldn't check your phone too often when your out with friends, not very polite.

Also, don't check your phone while at the movie theater.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

I think that people should perhaps calm down and not care about insignificant things that the people around them are doing.
Who gives a poo poo if someone is looking at their phone ? Unless you are directly interacting with them and they are choosing to look at their phone instead, which is a "lovely person" issue and not a "phone" issue.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Before phones everyone was reading a book or the newspaper. Ppl are lazy nothing has changed.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
When I give a presentation I stare at my phone the entire time.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Don't get your phone out when at a fancy resturant you stupid fucks

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
idk my bff jill

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

im a chinee millenial what you think use? fone so long? great!! :]

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I like when people look at their phone so much they injure themselves while walking. It brings me joy to know someone is in pain.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
sometimes i read twitter while i'm getting a bj

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I think that the people who think they should be the master of knowing when its good for you to use the phone are more annoying than the people on the phone but there is obviously more than one side to the issue

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i wish i was dead

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Here's when it's ok: all the time, whenever you feel like it and gently caress all the dumb old people who think it's rude or whatever

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

a bay posted:

obviously more than one side to the issue

No there is not. Do not be an inconsiderate twat and do not be an insufferable busybody. Simple as that.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

a bay posted:

I dont see the problem, I think people get uptight seeing a phone when they wouldnt care if it was a news paper or a book

It displays a lack of mindfulness and commitment to the situation you are in.

It basically demonstrates that half of your mind and more of your heart is elsewhere, which is generally speaking sad, and if you are in a social or work situation rude

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Aralan posted:

Here's when it's ok: all the time, whenever you feel like it and gently caress all the dumb old people who think it's rude or whatever

Why do they call them SMART phones when everybody looking at one looks like such a DUMMY

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

dad gay. so what posted:

i wish i was dead

Will you make some ghost posts from beyond the grave?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
why parents are the type of people who sit around looking at their phone or ipad or wahtever all the time it cracks me up when i hear stories about how its ruining todays kids

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Millenials are so terrified of being bored that they forget that the majesty of creation is right in front of them beckoning them to embrace their freedom and becoming.

Instead of soaking in the truth of something divine and simple like a meadow at dusk, they drive themselves into a nihilistic spiritual oblivion by withdrawing from the world and seeking validation from Facebook likes and minion memes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMpdPSpzdGg

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

a bay posted:

Why do they call them SMART phones when everybody looking at one looks like such a DUMMY

It's the phone that's smart, not the person using it necessarily, I'd be happy to help with any more questions you have

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
time to soak in the beauty of this run down bus stop I see every day

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

why parents are the type of people who sit around looking at their phone or ipad or wahtever all the time it cracks me up when i hear stories about how its ruining todays kids

Its loving annoying when at a resturant (eg dads birthday) and its like all their table manners they taught you growing up goes out the window for themselves and in a fancy resturant spending half the time on their phones and then getting salty as gently caress at me when I ask them to put them away as its insanely rude.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Once I got my phone out at a very nice dinner to check if I could eat a thing (due to allergies). I felt like a tool.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

all phones should be fitted with eye seeking lasers to permanently blind anyone who looks at it for even a second

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

time to soak in the beauty of this run down bus stop I see every day

This but unironically

Some people need to learn to art of living

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Commie NedFlanders posted:

This but unironically

Some people need to learn to art of living

Some people need to mind their own loving business.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Nothing I hate more than people living their life in a different way than I especially if it has no impact on mine

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Phones are for technocrats and the rich.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Phones are for technocrats and the rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkLuncXw-P4

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Old and/or boring people are terrified of smartphones because they serve as a constant reminder of their own irrelevance. They remember the days when they could corner someone and become the center of attention through sheer proximity because there wasn't anyone more engaging around, and bullshit to their heart's content since no one could effectively call them out on it. Now everyone has their friends and family at their fingertips and is a few seconds away from the answer to any dispute.

Strangely this does not seem to lead to any issues for cool and interesting people.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

i wish i was dead

We finally have something in common! :v:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Modest Mauser posted:

Some people need to mind their own loving business.

That was too judgemental, I'm sorry.

I'm just upset because I look at my devices too much, I'm projecting you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Commie NedFlanders posted:

That was too judgemental, I'm sorry.

I'm just upset because I look at my devices too much, I'm projecting you see.

I think you seem to be an okay person. Just do whatever you want to do. Be freeeee, man.
Worrying about poo poo other people do is pointless and tiring.

• Locked thread