Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I have it on my 5s and it suits my needs less than the previous os did. I use none of the new features and it is a slower than before. kept ios8 on my ipad mini and it's ftw.

iOS 8 was better than iOS 7 (which isn't much of a feat), but iOS 9 is miles better.

there will always be some people who placebo themselves into thinking the newest iOS is worse, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
ios 9 uses metal to do the GPU compositing instead of opengl if you have a 5s or later, which automatically makes it 10x better than ios 8

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Woz was a competent electrical engineer, perhaps even a slightly clever one, but that's it.

And now that he grows more bitter & butthurt by the day, it's extra hilarious to watch nerds fawn over him.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

pancreatic cancer is almost always a death sentence. not that jobs wasn't an idiot, but most likely he would only have been able to buy a little extra time with the proper treatment.

No, he had the one-in-a-million case of pancreatic cancer that was curable, and when his doctors told him that he could survive it with treatment and/or surgery, he responded that he wasn't going to let some DOCTOR put TOXINS and SCIENCE in his body and was instead going to cure himself naturally, going on some dumbass wacko diet.

Welp, his wacko diet destroyed his liver, so he "moved" to the state with the shortest liver transplant waiting list and got a transplant, but whoops the pancreatic cancer had progressed too far to be curable by then so he died anyway.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 25, 2015

• Locked thread