Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Oh that makes sense. I was thinking I was missing an opportunity at another crystal sink or something. That said it'd be awesome if there were guild perks at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Campbell posted:

Oh that makes sense. I was thinking I was missing an opportunity at another crystal sink or something. That said it'd be awesome if there were guild perks at some point.

There are, it's just not much. Still, fifty energy a day if you can get everybody to check in is not bad.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Left posted:

I had no idea we had a thread for this time-waster mobile game. My ign is Saim, if there's room in the guild. I could use some more friends too :shittydog:

Missed this last page, invite sent. Only one random left

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

Missed this last page, invite sent. Only one random left

Could I snag that last spot? My ign is MarcusSA.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Could I snag that last spot? My ign is MarcusSA.

Invite sent. The final guild list, for the moment, is:

NinjaDebugger
Deadmeat
Miyori
doomXO
VirusSA
Golluk
Ayndin
Hilarity
Killbarn
Campbell
Hotballs
DontMindMe
Phrenz
Hunkmanbeef
somefool200
Dershiva
Neurolimal
Sophism
Saim
MarcusSA

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I just started playing this. In as Wikiwikiwa.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Don't forget to check-in at guild

kay2
Feb 15, 2016

by Shine
Thanks for sharing! This game looks sick, FFT is so much fun and I've been looking for a new similar game.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DontMindMe posted:

Don't forget to check-in at guild

I haven't unlocked it yet, I'll try to when I do.

This game has a lot going on in it, its kind of confusing.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Apologies for the double post.

I've run into a bit of a brick wall. I'm trying to unlock Carrot but the hard mode of her level is pretty dang tough. My guys are level 23, 1 star, with 1 star equipment. Is it worth it using gold to enhance lovely 1 star normal weapons and armour? I havent modified or leveled anyone's skills yet.

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012
Definitely! You'll get TONS of gold later on, probably more than you'll feasibly be able to spend if you're not meticulously keeping your gear up to date. Enhancing gear makes an enormous difference, a +10 sword is several times stronger than a +0 sword.

That said, enhancing gear past a certain point does get significantly more expensive and difficult. I generally get all my gear up to +7 (or just +5 if it's green/+3 if it's grey) then don't stress about it much unless I need that boost to get past a hard stage.

Leveling skills can also make a big difference - Kai's skills are all really cheap to level up and you can probably auto-battle his stage even early in Tezen. It's worth grinding genes for him so you can max out his skills, since he's a character you'll likely be using for a very long time.

EDIT: Did a few pulls this week to try to get Beast Rain. Ended up getting 3 pieces... all the accessory. Taught me to just invest my crystals in lord masteries and never touch the capsule roulette again.

PhrenzZ fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Feb 16, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ah, so they dont lose skill investments when I reborn them? Good to know. Thanks for the advice.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I'm two heroes away from having 5 of each type at 5 stars. Got the compensation capsule this morning and pulled a Friday the 13th Set from it (sword/boots/necklace, +5% crit damage/kill, +5% HP/kill). I previously had one piece of this, so I can split it up for +Crit damage, or take the heal on kill for one character.

Options:
Jack (Currently has White Knight's Oath +31% Aggro, +HP to everybody)
Alfred
Jenny
Gillan (Currently 2 parts of Hellish Flame's Guide for +19 MP regen when HP below 30%)
Chenny
Unknown (Currently 2 parts of Ultimate Weapon Gold Tiger for +80% attack when the last one standing)
Mu
Deborah
Persona
Chris (Currently 2 parts of White Knight's Oath for +31% aggro)
Elektra
Dominique
Tao
Cleo (will hit 5* tomorrow)
Poni (Will hit 5* sometime next week)

I'm currently leaning toward Jenny, Chenny, or Dominique for it. Jenny will get quite a bit of use out of the crit damage, and Dominique and Chenny are both pretty killy.

Speaking of sets, I have some, and I'm still trying to figure out if my placement is anything like optimal.

1*
Ketarh Apprentice 3(Alfred) (+24 MP, +3 MP Regen) (Area only)
Ketarh Apprentice 3(Jenny)
Slime King's Dignity 2 (Gillan) (+1000 defense at <40% HP)
Super Ranger Yellow 2 (Chenny) (+60 dodge/turn)
Cold-Hearted Sniper 2 (Unknown) (+380 Attack) (Attack Type only)
Rebel Army Supply 3 (Mu) (+4% HP, +5% direction strategy) (Paper only)
Ketarh Apprentice 3 (Deborah)
Born Assassin 3 (Persona) (+634 Attack, +800 Crit Rate)
Rebel Army Supply 2 (Chris) (+4% HP) (Paper only)
Born Assassin 2 (Tao) (+634 Attack)
Super Ranger Yellow 2 (Cleo) (+60 dodge/turn)
Ketarh Apprentice 2(Moa)
Witch's Tools 2 (Kitty) (+8 MP Regen)

2*
Nepthys Adventurer 3 (Jenny) (+1460 HP all allies, +350 Attack all allies) (Nepthys only)

3*
Rebel Army Commander 2 (Jack) (+3064 HP all allies)
Wild Chaser 2 (Alfred) (Water terrain favored)
Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian 3 (Gillan) (+1500 defense, +1500 Dodge while HP <50%)
Sweet & Scary Chocolate Warrior 3 (Unknown) (+760 Crit Rate, +1154 Attack)
Shadow Corps 2 (Deborah) (+150 Crit rate to all allies)
Black Crescent (Tao) (+1044 Attack, +7% Advantage strat) (Attack type only)

4*
Ketarh's Secret 2 (Alfred) (+6 MP regen) (Area type only)

5*
Detailed above

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 16, 2016

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
Chenny is amazing, I'd use her, her first skill even means that she is good against scissors bosses. The word on the street is that Jenny is pretty awesome though from this last patch, I can't make her that way because I don't have the gear options you do.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'm two heroes away from having 5 of each type at 5 stars. Got the compensation capsule this morning and pulled a Friday the 13th Set from it (sword/boots/necklace, +5% crit damage/kill, +5% HP/kill). I previously had one piece of this, so I can split it up for +Crit damage, or take the heal on kill for one character.

I don't know if the heal on kill is really worth much. 5% of 60k hp is only 3k.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

I don't know if the heal on kill is really worth much. 5% of 60k hp is only 3k.

Well, I went ahead and put it on chenny, I hope maybe it triggers once for each enemy killed, which would make it significantly better. I'll take what I can get, though. If that sucks, maybe I'll move it over to Dominique, at worst, the 5% will hopefully negate half the downside of her third skill.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can't seem to find the guild "Lowtaxtics" if that's the one everyone is in. Is it full? If so I'll have to look around then. Also thanks for the previous advice, enhancing and refining my poo poo tier weapons and rebirthing my characters definitely made things easier. Managed to recruit Carrot! Right now my party is Chris, Kai, Sraka and Carrot.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

I can't seem to find the guild "Lowtaxtics" if that's the one everyone is in. Is it full? If so I'll have to look around then. Also thanks for the previous advice, enhancing and refining my poo poo tier weapons and rebirthing my characters definitely made things easier. Managed to recruit Carrot! Right now my party is Chris, Kai, Sraka and Carrot.

The current goon guild is actually SwdOfLowtax, but is 100% full of goons.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I started playing this, my name in game is Tsurupettan.

Are any of the IAP packs worth it?

Are there any trap decisions with the heroes (like they are completely lovely later and unusable) or are they generally all acceptable and worth investing in?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

Are there any trap decisions with the heroes (like they are completely lovely later and unusable) or are they generally all acceptable and worth investing in?

Coocoo's Gift ($3 first time, renewable monthly for $5) is good if you're willing to spend cash at all. Most other IAP stuff isn't worth it, except for the occasional holiday package, unless you're a filthy moneyhaver and can afford to blow a hundred bucks here and there.

All heroes are pretty usable PvE, PVP is harder. Once you get through Vulcan, be absolutely certain to get Jack, keep him leveled, and max him out, starting with his third skill. He is basically essential for a lot of poo poo, because his third skill deals absurd damage to any boss that isn't immune (which is almost none of them.)

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

Added you (ign: miyori). Join an active guild ASAP for the free energy and gold every day.

Aside from the starter+extension package NinjaDebugger mentioned, IAP packs are terrible value. They are also incredibly generous with free IAP stuff (from daily logins, daily quests, expeditions, and the new Tower of Dawn).

The only necessary heroes are Jack from Vulcan and arguably Serendi from Foose.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Somebody make a new goon guild so I can add it to the OP

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I bought Mas with chocolate but they aren't in my roster. What am I missing?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

I bought Mas with chocolate but they aren't in my roster. What am I missing?

That's a costume for Mas.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
You bought a costume of Mas, not the character.

To change costumes go to the "Information" tab in the Hero menu and press the blue "costume" button below the character 3D image.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Whats the best thing(s) to buy with chocolate for a new player?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If you start now you should be able to buy everything including the daily stuff.

Start with buying the daily items then when you have enough buy the 2 star items and move down the line.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

If you start now you should be able to buy everything including the daily stuff.

Start with buying the daily items then when you have enough buy the 2 star items and move down the line.

The 2 star set is pretty crappy. I'd just buy the daily items, the devil's souls, and the 3* set if you have extra chocolate (but don't sweat it if you don't).

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

The 2 star set is pretty crappy. I'd just buy the daily items, the devil's souls, and the 3* set if you have extra chocolate (but don't sweat it if you don't).

The 2-star set is pretty good if you're a noob, it can probably help you progress just a tad faster in nepthys.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

The 2-star set is pretty good if you're a noob, it can probably help you progress just a tad faster in nepthys.

Oops, you're right. Looks like an extra 25-35% hp/atk at that level.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

van fem posted:

Oops, you're right. Looks like an extra 25-35% hp/atk at that level.

It's also better than nothing, considering that it's basically free and set equipment rolls at an obnoxious rate.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Neurolimal posted:

It's also better than nothing, considering that it's basically free and set equipment rolls at an obnoxious rate.

I was wondering how some of you guys have completed so many sets are y'all just rolling for gear a lot of what?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm up to Company, I've got every hero up through Mas. I've been using Chris, Sraka, Carrot, Alfred and Deborah. Holy poo poo I love all of the AOE from the latter three. Alfred was kinda lame until his 2* ability and the game has been relentlessly dumping his pieces on me, too. Should I be distributing them evenly across him, or just maxing his 2nd or 3rd skill?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

b0ng posted:

I was wondering how some of you guys have completed so many sets are y'all just rolling for gear a lot of what?

Don't blow crystals on unimportant stuff, don't blow a huge amount on low level rolls, keep re-upping Coocoo's Gift. And, since I'm a filthy moneyhaver, I've done some of the holiday packs. I got a fair number of random set pieces from black capsule login events and tower of dawn, and you can use those to buy when to drop crystals on black capsule events from the store. If you've got one piece each of the A, S, and SS for a level, it's a real good time to roll the dice a time or three.

I'm currently saving up for a splurge on the fives, thinking maybe I'll wait for Ultimate Weapon Gold Tiger to come around, preferably with Klein's Secret Notebook or Omniscient and Omnipotent at SS, unless I see a confluence of Dasomier Battle Suit + Wilderness Desperado at 3. If I can manage Ultimate Weapon Gold Tiger + Wilderness Desperado on a single character, I may end up with somebody who can just solo DB.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Yam Slacker
I am struggling with ToD level 50 so hard. Does Jack's %based deal not work on that boss or I'm just that weak elsewhere?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Mardragon posted:

I am struggling with ToD level 50 so hard. Does Jack's %based deal not work on that boss or I'm just that weak elsewhere?

The %hp damage should work, but the boss is paper (30% less dmg from rock), its defense is quite high (40%), and it takes less damage from melee attacks. An armor debuffer and Lena should help. I've made Lena my merc--make sure she's attacking from a flank (side or back) for extra damage.

van fem fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 19, 2016

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Yam Slacker
Beat it easy with your Lena, thanks.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm up to Vulcan, so I expect to get Jack in a few days. Should I be saving all of my Perfect Genes for him? I've been stockpiling red cats and rebirth materials for him already. The 3* chocolate set looks like it might be good for him too? I expect him to replace Sraka in my current lineup.

Dimensional Breakthrough reminds me of the daily gauntlet thing in Heroes Charge and similar games. I assume raising Mas would be good for it since he heals?

Should I be focusing on Deborah's fire rain first?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

Should I be saving all of my Perfect Genes for him?
I assume raising Mas would be good for it since he heals?
Should I be focusing on Deborah's fire rain first?

Don't ever spend Perfect Genes on a hero with farmable genes (except Lena).

Mas is fine, but you may want to wait for Gillan (in the zone after Jack).

Any combination of 2nd (cross) and 3rd (square) Deb abilities is fine.

van fem fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So what am I supposed to be doing with these monsters that drop from dungeons? Like I know that the exp cats are for exp but what about all these other random dudes? Right now I've been just feeding them for exp but they really don't give much.

• Locked thread