Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Someone thought it was a good idea to send me this:

quote:

Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: From my brother in law, b
Fwd: Fwd:

This text was forwarded to me.

FW: NoSubject

IMPORTANT message from Crime Stoppers, please read...

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.
{NLL I'm working on me}T$T I deserve the best TNOBG

The person's area code was from southern Alabama, where nobody I know lives. Also, Snopes debunked this story almost six years ago. But I'm glad some total stranger cares enough about me to send an unsourced, scare-mongering text :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
whats your number

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

but is he a nigerian prince

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
it never pays to be a hero, OP. the bystander always wins.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Windows 98 posted:

whats your number

i'm flattered but spoken for

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
T$T I deserve the best TNOBG

beeaar
Dec 16, 2005
whats the number you got the text from? lets get to the bottom of this

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Windows 98 posted:

whats your number

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
does that egg trick really work

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

black1abel posted:

By 92.5%, can't you read?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
OP, DO YOU WANT TO ONLY HAVE A -MAXIMUM- OF 7,5% VISION LEFT?

THEN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO IGNORE THE MESSAGE.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

By 92.5%, can't you read?

i just make this poo poo up as I go along. You can read?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Rambling Robot posted:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
maybe this was written by prankster teens so they can throw poop at cars and instead of the owner getting out and yelling at them they just drive away as fast as they can due to fear of "gangs" and "the blacks"

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
send them a link to a stop snitching campaign op

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

black1abel posted:

Nah

Snopes.com posted:

While a mixture of raw egg and water vigorously stirred together in a glass will produce a somewhat milky-looking liquid (which might be the source of this tale), there's nothing about the interaction of egg and water that renders the resulting combination into a substance guaranteed to completely block a driver's vision. Egg alone or egg-and-water solutions are thin liquids and so are relatively easy to see through, with the vehicle's wipers generally sweeping away the worst of the mess fairly easily. Moreover, it would take a number of extremely well-placed eggs (a hen's typical offerings aren't that big) to splat a windshield so thoroughly as to completely impair the driver's view and force him to stop immediately — unless the visibility conditions were already poor, a motorist with a splattered windshield would generally still be able to see well enough to continue driving out of range of the egg-throwing hooligans to a safe stopping place.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gangs are still a thing? I thought it was all Facebook Groups and LoL teams these days.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

man im not even stoppin for some baby carriage on the side of the road anyway, like i got things to do and if u cant even keep track of ur baby then lol for u.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

why does this person have your phone number?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

what if our perception of reality is a gamg initiation?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Vorik posted:

why does this person have your phone number?

Probably they were trying to type someone else's number and put mine in by mistake. It was a group message, so it's likely they didn't check all the phone numbers before sending it off. I blocked them just in case they were a creeper or something

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I feel safer for reading that

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Pththya-lyi posted:

The person's area code was from southern Alabama, where nobody I know lives. Also, Snopes debunked this story almost six years ago. But I'm glad some total stranger cares enough about me to send an unsourced, scare-mongering text :angel:

I like the part where there's apparently a thing called national gang week

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
And now you've forwarded it to all of us. So who is worse, random stranger sending you this poo poo on accident, or you purposely sending it to all of us strangers?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My gang hijacks hot air baloons and catches Victims with long ropes with costco hotdogs on the end

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i love that one kevin bacon movie that was basically premised on an urban legend and the "gang" were white speed metalist kids who'd get their asses kicked by crips

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

RIP real roadside babies

who will save them now?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Alan Smithee posted:

i love that one kevin bacon movie that was basically premised on an urban legend and the "gang" were white speed metalist kids who'd get their asses kicked by crips

What movie is that and did you direct it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Obligatory Handle posted:

And now you've forwarded it to all of us. So who is worse, random stranger sending you this poo poo on accident, or you purposely sending it to all of us strangers?

Makes u think

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Does it mention anything about how the baby is formed?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
curse you minority youths :argh:

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Rambling Robot posted:

8% vision i could live with but only 7.5%? what a disaster

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

so many abandonded babies gonna die now thanks to this text

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Rambling Robot posted:

stay safe vision percentage ghost

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

A misanthrope posted:

curse you minority youths :argh:

Always bet on black

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
I'm still worried about the baby.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I'm still worried about the baby.

its dead jim

hay rainbow horse you should get an av because i tend to skip over purple monkey posts and i dont want to skip your posts

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

A misanthrope posted:

its dead jim

hay rainbow horse you should get an av because i tend to skip over purple monkey posts and i dont want to skip your posts

I'm currently in talks with a reputable banking establishment to get access to a source of funds. I may have an av by the end of the month!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I'm currently in talks with a reputable banking establishment to get access to a source of funds. I may have an av by the end of the month!

i would buy you one but i'm broke dude :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Thanks for the tips, I was running dry on ideas of how to rob and murder strangers by the side of the road.

• Locked thread