Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Have a friend, 29, who is kinda skewing off course IMHO.

Life:

Has girlfriend of 3 years. (shes insane btw)
Fully employed in a salaried position.

In the last 12 months has:
Gone vegetarian
Started posting about animal rights bullshit of Facebook
Started posting about political bullshit on Facebook
Gets into discussions of both topics on Facebook
Talking about positive/negative ions being good for physical & mental health.
Cannot shut the gently caress up about Yoga.

Pretty sure he is one kale smoothie away from going ham and running around naked in the streets. God help him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Adopting a plant based diet is the best protection against dementia, op. Hope this helps

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Beef Turret posted:

Adopting a plant based diet is the best protection against dementia, op. Hope this helps

What does that have to do with being vegetarian.

shreks machine
May 24, 2015
ah.. [i][b]millenials

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
early onset whipped

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

What does that have to do with being vegetarian.

Everything. Also Yoga is a great choice if you want cardio without the associated risk of joint injury. And a casual stroll through a slaughterhouse would turn anyone vegan. Good for your friend who knows the good poo poo in life

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Beef Turret posted:

Everything. Also Yoga is a great choice if you want cardio without the associated risk of joint injury. And a casual stroll through a slaughterhouse would turn anyone vegan. Good for your friend who knows the good poo poo in life

so whats it like to be bitchmade as gently caress

drat

wow

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Turret posted:

Everything.

wrong

quote:

Also Yoga is a great choice if you want cardio without the associated risk of joint injury.

wrong

quote:

And a casual stroll through a slaughterhouse would turn anyone vegan.

wrong

quote:

Good for your friend who knows the good poo poo in life

haha wrong

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sorry for your lots op.

Find a new friend.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
sever

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Unless you stage an intervention they are probably going to end up becoming a Mormon. I know that sounds like it isn't where they are currently heading, but dementia often doesn't proceed in rational or expected ways.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you are 'going off the rails' in the health and smoothies direction you a boring person. Going off the rails in the 'extraordinary consumption of gear and booze' you are at least fun for a little while.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Isaac posted:

Going off the rails in the 'extraordinary consumption of gear and booze' you are at least fun for a little while.

sometimes i think im going this way because if im sober too long the darkness starts creeping into the corners of my mind

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
From IQ in childhood and vegetarianism in adulthood, British cohort study

quote:

Results 366 (4.5%) participants said they were vegetarian, although 123 (33.6%) admitted eating fish or chicken. Vegetarians were more likely to be female, to be of higher social class (both in childhood and currently), and to have attained higher academic or vocational qualifications, although these socioeconomic advantages were not reflected in their income. Higher IQ at age 10 years was associated with an increased likelihood of being vegetarian at age 30 (odds ratio for one standard deviation increase in childhood IQ score 1.38, 95% confidence interval 1.24 to 1.53). IQ remained a statistically significant predictor of being vegetarian as an adult after adjustment for social class (both in childhood and currently), academic or vocational qualifications, and sex (1.20, 1.06 to 1.36). Exclusion of those who said they were vegetarian but ate fish or chicken had little effect on the strength of this association.

So not only is he likely healthier than you but he's probably smarter too.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Give him a carton of beer a day, a pair of 50lb dumbells and a singlet. Remove all shaving equipment from his life and break his washing machine. He will shift towards becoming an Alpha Male instead of whatever monster you are describing op. hth

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Beef Turret posted:

i didnt read any of this tryhard post but nice job or whatever

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Beef Turret posted:

You know who else was a vegetarian? :godwinning:

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Friend has a good job, eats healthy food, has gf, etc. Any advice on how to make him as lumpy and boring as me?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
people who change over time disgust me

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

sometimes i think im going this way because if im sober too long the darkness starts creeping into the corners of my mind

Sounds terrible. I havent had a sober day since maybe 2006 or 2007.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Relin posted:

This
Oh my god this.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Relin posted:

this completely unironically

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
When I stopped drinking I had a 3 day journey through alcoholic delirium. But that not the same as dementia

Imagine trying to explain an abstract thought to a person with autism. That's what the delirium is like only you are both the teacher and the autist

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Baba Ganoush posted:

When I stopped drinking I had a 3 day journey through alcoholic delirium. But that not the same as dementia

Imagine trying to explain an abstract thought to a person with autism. That's what the delirium is like only you are both the teacher and the autist

I dont think id try it without a plan from a doctor. They used to say stop drinking, now its a chronic illness and they say do not stop drinking.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Isaac posted:

I dont think id try it without a plan from a doctor. They used to say stop drinking, now its a chronic illness and they say do not stop drinking.

Yeah, you can die apparently. If anything try tapering off a bit. That's what I was planned on doing but a series of avoidable mishaps occurred .

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Baba Ganoush posted:

Yeah, you can die apparently. If anything try tapering off a bit. That's what I was planned on doing but a series of avoidable mishaps occurred .

Ive got no plan on stopping :awesomelon:

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like your "friend" is a gay oval office im afraid

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I'm not going to stop the next time I start. Delirium withdrawal is fun but not to be repeated

Though alcohol induced dementia is a real thing then ...

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

in my experience people who are vegetarian are just doing it to look cooler & better in comparison to other people, whom they see as mere uneducated plebes

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

Have a friend, 29, who is kinda skewing off course IMHO.

Life:

Has girlfriend of 3 years. (shes insane btw)
Fully employed in a salaried position.

In the last 12 months has:
Gone vegetarian
Started posting about animal rights bullshit of Facebook
Started posting about political bullshit on Facebook
Gets into discussions of both topics on Facebook
Talking about positive/negative ions being good for physical & mental health.
Cannot shut the gently caress up about Yoga.

Pretty sure he is one kale smoothie away from going ham and running around naked in the streets. God help him.

Its signs of a crazy bitch taking over his life. Sever ties.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

proof of concept posted:

wrong

wrong

wrong

haha wrong

taint reaped again

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the vegan poo poo is terrible on facebook, and if you're like "yo settle down" they act like you're being racist or something or that magnitude for criticising their eating disorder

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
q: did he develop a high pitched and faggy sounding voice?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Maldoror posted:

q: did he develop a high pitched and faggy sounding voice?

if so, sounds like end-stage liberalism.

i recommend tryign to cut him off from any nearby sources of jewish poison (media) but the damage is probably done.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
your friend is broken. sever all connections.

ALSO STOP READING FACEBOOK FOR ANY REASON!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
old people with dementia can lash out violently

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Beef Turret posted:

From that abstract, it sounds like his friend is turning into a poor, insufferable bitch.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Beef Turret posted:

So are you a chick or a queer? Either way it's clear that you love getting penetrated.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
old people with dementia can move spastically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

vegetarianism is fine and understandable

vegans are crazy though. a life without cheese is not a life worth living

• Locked thread