Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Lets say there is someone who wants to spend some time with you one on one and it is obvious that their intentions are to date you and probably to have sex with you as well. But the problem is, you just arent "feeling it". How do you let them know you are not into it in a way that will hurt their feelings as little as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
tell them "I'm gay"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

haymaker to the jaw

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
invite a bunch of other people along, then if she's like, "just you and me though" you should be like "what, like a date? LOL"

she'll be crushed, but she'll get it

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
hang out, start watching swap.avi with her, but just stare at her the whole time. the kicker is if she doesn't leave and sits through the whole video, you have to marry her

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

creampie that bitch and tell her you want her to have your baby. she'll run. or not and you won't feel bad because she's insane.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

tell them "I'm gay"

That has a 50% chance of back firing I would think

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Say "My parents wouldn't approve"

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Yell "Y-you to" at them and jog away

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
"yeah sure, just as friends tho lol"

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

concerned mom posted:

"yeah sure, just as friends tho lol"

I think saying stuff like Yeah or Sure might be taken the wrong way

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a bay posted:

I think saying stuff like Yeah or Sure might be taken the wrong way
just gently caress them already

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

tell them "I'm gay"

Used that one, but now I gotta keep up the facade. Romance in the work place can get complicated I tell ya.

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
shoot yourself in the head with a gun

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Why not just wet it up?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

symbolic posted:

Stop stringing them along. Pity gently caress.

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

"sorry i cant i loving hate your guts and would like it if i never ever saw you again"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Just say you don't feel like hanging out, or you're tired, or got poo poo to do. Eventually they may try to press it without the "hang out" pretext.

Then shut them down with the "just friends."

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Introduce them to your homely friend

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arian_Samurai posted:

Introduce them to your homely friend
how much did you donate for the fun shoe tag

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Just make up some bullshit if you want to be diplomatic about things. Say you don't date your friends because it turned out badly in the past, or coworkers, or whatever. Basically just say "No, but it's not you, it's me" using different words and you'll be fine.

edit: do what wicker man said first and do this if you are put on the spot

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
"I'd like to, but I'm going to be loving other people that night."

And if they suggest another night, "That night, too. So much loving. Specifically, of other people."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

a bay posted:

Lets say there is someone who wants to spend some time with you one on one and it is obvious that their intentions are to date you and probably to have sex with you as well. But the problem is, you just arent "feeling it". How do you let them know you are not into it in a way that will hurt their feelings as little as possible

pretty weakly veiled brag there op

also, send them a link to this thread

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

how much did you donate for the fun shoe tag

$20

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

"Not tonight, I'm still sore from all the loving I did done"

They will get the message and also be repulsed by your horrible grammar.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Srry, busy masturbating 4 France.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Go on the date and bang them and then tell them you aren't feeling it. Claim rape. Get on Oprah. Make a poop swastika.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

symbolic posted:

Dont wanna

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
One time there was this girl who was obviously really into me and she kept trying to hang out get me to go on dates with her. I finally ran out of excuses and agreed to have lunch with her, but I made it clear I wouldn't pay for her meal and refused to let her pay for mine. I also said "this isn't a date" and restricted the conversation to work related topics.
She kept throwing herself at me anyway until I moved away. I could have boinked her if I wanted but I'm glad I didn't because I found out later she went blind and then I never would have been able to break up with her.
Anyway, be polite, but firm and don't lead them on. If they keep asking you out anyway consider terminating contact with them.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Applewhite posted:

I could have boinked her if I wanted but I'm glad I didn't because I found out later she went blind and then I never would have been able to break up with her.

lol of course you could have, just walk out, she can't find you

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Applewhite posted:

One time there was this girl who was obviously really into me and she kept trying to hang out get me to go on dates with her. I finally ran out of excuses and agreed to have lunch with her, but I made it clear I wouldn't pay for her meal and refused to let her pay for mine. I also said "this isn't a date" and restricted the conversation to work related topics.
She kept throwing herself at me anyway until I moved away. I could have boinked her if I wanted but I'm glad I didn't because I found out later she went blind and then I never would have been able to break up with her.
Anyway, be polite, but firm and don't lead them on. If they keep asking you out anyway consider terminating contact with them.

lol

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Just tell him &/or her you are in a long distance relationship.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
how about get a real job or two already then you dont need a fake rear end excuse cause youre slaving your rear end off every day

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Believe in the forum and cuck yourself

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
call the special victims unit and report them

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
If they like you, you should try to put out OP. You may never get another chance.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
gently caress someone else, or lie about loving someone else.

emotionally abuse this person until they leave you alone

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Copious vomiting/pants pooping gets the message across

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Go out with them but keep putting a coaster over your drink when you're at the table. If you go to the bathroom finish the whole glass and tell them, "I just don't trust you." At the end of the night break down and tell them you have HPV because of a bad experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Thank you for all of the suggestions so far but please keep in mind that I am looking for a way to say no thanks in a way that some one will not mind hearing so much, what I am not trying to do is "put out" or be super rude or lead them on

• Locked thread